Fun times with rare mod generation

Glad this thing spawned on a slow-moving monster...No clue how hard it would hit for. I tried throwing some totems at it to get an idea how hard it hits for, but it kept killing them with spells too quickly.

Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last bumped on Sep 30, 2016, 9:53:26 AM
Brutal! Glad to hear you played it safe and survived.
The other day someone found the opposite... increased damage, warlord's grasp, proximity shield, life regen, life regen aura and two essences. Pretty much immortal.

Edit: Forgot to mention... that guy also resisted both elemental and chaos damage, so... yeah.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last edited by FCK42 on Sep 29, 2016, 2:30:46 AM
Also have to mention that essence mobs have way too high hp, sometimes they last 5x longer than 2 of the map bosses with only 1-2 essences they are bearing.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
"
FCK42 wrote:
The other day someone found the opposite... increased damage, warlord's grasp, proximity shield, life regen, life regen aura and two essences. Pretty much immortal.

Edit: Forgot to mention... that guy also resisted both elemental and chaos damage, so... yeah.

I remember encountering a Necromancer in the Normal difficulty Prison named Oblivionheart way back in Closed Beta. I don't recall exactly what his mods were, but I know bonus energy shield was one of them. At such a low level, I literally was not able to kill him at the time, and if I recall correctly, the mod-set that spawned was later removed due to players running up against it and having no options.

Pretty funny to see that kind of thing return through dumb luck. :D In fact, here's a thread on it if you're looking for a blast from the past.

"
Alternalo wrote:
Also have to mention that essence mobs have way too high hp, sometimes they last 5x longer than 2 of the map bosses with only 1-2 essences they are bearing.

I was (and still am somewhat) of the same opinion. I think the reasoning for this is to avoid what happened with the new monsters that use player skills. Said monsters tend to die instantly most of the time, so you never really experience what they have to offer. Essence mobs do some really cool things, and while it can feel like a drag to kill them sometimes, it is at least refreshing having some new encounters.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Sep 29, 2016, 4:37:42 PM
You guys seen nothing yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2_uwZXcwI0

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : tried killing it after she downed merveil solo, impossible.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Sep 30, 2016, 9:55:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info