Essence Surge worth the points?

Simple Question.
As a (soon to be)CI Occ I wonder If I should spend the points to get it. Is there a cap on recharge start?
Last bumped on Sep 28, 2016, 9:27:54 PM
There's no cap but overinvesting in it isn't recommended, 100% faster regen start will cut it by half, another 100% will reduce it to a third and yet another 100% will push it down to 1/4. Stacking faster regen past a certain point becomes more difficult as you run out of good sources and also gives less return for the investment.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I love Essence Surge to no end. The bit of faster start is fairly noticable, and it makes your ES fill up in no-time, the Recharge Rate is insane.
However, an Occultist already gets Vile Bastion, and your ES Recharge lasts four seconds at the very least (it's not interrupted by Damage, and also not interrupted by reaching 100% ES!). For general clearing it's probably not going to make any difference due to Vile Bastion - for bosses, it's mostly the faster start, but you can use Vaal Discipline for that as well if you want.

If you notice that your ES is often low during boss fights, and you rely on ES Recharge for that, I'd say it's a solid investment. However, it's also four Passives, which is a fair chunk.

(tl;dr grab it if you're unsatisfied with boss fight survivability, but even then it's 4 points or so)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 28, 2016, 6:10:50 PM
It combos very well with Soul Strike. Not so much because of the faster ES start (150% -> 165% faster is cool, but not super noticable), but more because the 30% increased es recharge rate (60% from the whole cluster) is additive with the 40% reduced ES recharge rate from the quiver.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
raics wrote:
There's no cap but overinvesting in it isn't recommended, 100% faster regen start will cut it by half, another 100% will reduce it to a third and yet another 100% will push it down to 1/4. Stacking faster regen past a certain point becomes more difficult as you run out of good sources and also gives less return for the investment.

Is there even any other easily and generally accessible sources of faster start of ES recharge? I'd love to get some more for my CI occultist but she uses a wand so the quiver is out of the question.

Vaal Discipline is great (or would be if I had it in Essence), but sadly it's one use only against bosses. Multiple uses requires multiple gems. And against Izaro it can't be used no matter the number of gems.
"
databeaver wrote:
Is there even any other easily and generally accessible sources of faster start of ES recharge?

It's a mod that can roll on Jewels. (like 4% or 5%). Also there's http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Brittle_Barrier, which you probably don't want.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
You can also layer other defenses:
- Damage avoidance (dodge/block/evasion/blind). Stibnite flasks are particularly awesome for low investment blinding.

- Taunting totem

- phase run (put it on CwDT for it to passively distract enemies when you take damage)

All you need to do is not take damage for a second, pretty easy if you play actively. Those sources of reduced es charge delay are definitely worth it if you are an occultist.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info