Finding build enabling uniques?

Question:

How are people able to, seemingly, farm for specific uniques? I'll refer to an ED/Contagion build that ProjectPT (recently?) made and he said its totally solo self found. Yet, he was able to acquire, if I remember correctly, two Consuming Dark daggers. How in the hell? Whenever a unique drops for me, its usually just some leveling stuff that I might be able to use to make leveling a bit easier. I never get the build-enabling uniques solo-self found, but some how ProjectPT was able to acquire two of these daggers? Not calling him a liar, definitely not, but how can he have acquired two? Just plain old RNG?

Or is there a way to farm for specific uniques? (aside from finding the normal item and chancing it to unique).

How do you guys do this?
Last bumped on Sep 28, 2016, 1:01:35 PM
You're talking about a guy who plays a ton of hours every single day. Eventually, he's bound to find some of the rarer uniques. He even had a Shavs last league when playing ED. Not sure if he chanced it or found it, but he's definitely a pure self-found player. There's also Anuhart who streams a lot and he has literally every single unique in the game as self-found.

There's no way to target specific uniques, other than chancing (still really hard to get) or the ones from Div cards (can also be really hard to get).
If you can't play the game multiple hours a day then you'll have to trade if you want smooth progression.

Also I don't understand what people keep saying random unquie they want is "build enabling". It doesn't mean the item that would make your build "good". It means literally without the item it's impossible to play a certain build.

Examples: Facebreaker (unarmed), Shavs (low life), voll's protector + voll's devo (classic coc discharge), kaom's heart (melee)

;V
How to get the good things without trading

-pray to rng god every couple hours
-play 25 hs per day
-sacrifice a virgin to rng Jesús
-play build with loads of mf
-play russian roulet At the bigginig of every map to show your devotion to rng
-send beer and asían girls with green eyes to GGG headcuarters
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on Sep 28, 2016, 11:35:46 AM
"
cesmode wrote:
Question:

How are people able to, seemingly, farm for specific uniques? I'll refer to an ED/Contagion build that ProjectPT (recently?) made and he said its totally solo self found. Yet, he was able to acquire, if I remember correctly, two Consuming Dark daggers. How in the hell? Whenever a unique drops for me, its usually just some leveling stuff that I might be able to use to make leveling a bit easier. I never get the build-enabling uniques solo-self found, but some how ProjectPT was able to acquire two of these daggers? Not calling him a liar, definitely not, but how can he have acquired two? Just plain old RNG?

Or is there a way to farm for specific uniques? (aside from finding the normal item and chancing it to unique).

How do you guys do this?
Play 16+ hours EVERY DAY. That's how. The game is balanced around trading, so playing SSF (which is a self-imposed limitation) casually, you cannot reasonably expect to find every item. There ARE uniques that you can deterministically farm. These are items specific to loot tables, Atziri, The Pale Council, etc.
U MAD?
Gotta agree with op, i play 12-14 hours a day, never seen a single thing drop that ive needed for any build ive ever done. getting 2 of a fairly rare dagger ssf, doesnt seem legit. personal opinion here though. not calling anyone a liar on what drops they've gotten.
"
Czerpakistan wrote:
Gotta agree with op, i play 12-14 hours a day, never seen a single thing drop that ive needed for any build ive ever done. getting 2 of a fairly rare dagger ssf, doesnt seem legit. personal opinion here though. not calling anyone a liar on what drops they've gotten.

Well, in PT's case, getting Consuming Dark, Shavs, etc. SSF... he streams, so you can go watch the VOD of the item drops. Nothing to question there.
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info