How to generate Frenzy charge in boss fight?

"
1453R wrote:
Don't try to make it compete with your damage skill, though - it never will, and you're losing a lot of opportunity to flesh out your build's utility options by trying to "not lose too much damage" with Frenzy.

Well, in my particular case it's not trying to make it compete, I just don't want to have 'empty', zero-damage attacks even for a second partly because I rely on leech, partly because I'm using a blasphemy curse.

So, in the end, it really depends on context.

The curse on hit setup is a great idea for a different build.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Sep 28, 2016, 12:17:53 PM
Sorry for the late reply. I haven't played the Hyaon's Fury Lightning Strike build for a while now.
"
1453R wrote:
Namcamp's notion of using Frenzy as a secondary activator for Curse on Hit stuff is actually kinda slick as well. All it costs is an extra socket somewhere and you get double the curse utility. Don't try to make it compete with your damage skill, though - it never will, and you're losing a lot of opportunity to flesh out your build's utility options by trying to "not lose too much damage" with Frenzy.

Thanks for the advice. I was using a similar setup with Frenzy-Curse on Hit-Herald of Thunder-Conductivity. However, I had problem with tougher boss fight, esp. in Atziri split phase. Once I lost all the Frenzy charges it was really difficult to get back to full Frenzy charges.

"
zmark1030z wrote:
I'm playing a spectral throw raider with the same problem. Against bosses without minions and when playing in a party, I can't maintain my charges. I'm not melee so using the frenzy gem with a melee attack is dangerous since I'm not built for it.

I've tried 2 things I thought were clever. First was essence crafting spectral spirits on my weapon and using Victarios Charity shield and speccing Necromantic Aegis:

This worked but was much less effective than I expected. I had minion speed and faster attacks in the weapon but the proc rate was still too infrequent and the range was small so had to be pretty close to get the charges.

I actually thought about using an Animated Guardian with the Victario Charity and a Aurumvorax or Brightbeak but not sure how long it will last in a tough fight without investment on skill tree and gears.

I may try the Quill Rain option later. Thank you for all the advice.
Zeiss Biotar hype!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info