Elemental Equilibrium Interaction with Melee Attacks

Two Part Question:

(a) How Does the application of Elemental Equilibrium
Spoiler
Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistance to those Elements and -50% Resistance to other Elements
work with tri-ele damage attacks.

I've got this sword, using Lacerate.

Doing 4 attacks per second. The sword has all three damage types - Fire - Cold - Lightning.

I also have Wrath ( +flat Lightning Damage) and Herald of Ice (+flat cold damage).

I also have gear with added flat damage (some items +flat fire, another +flat cold etc).

How does Elemental Equilibrium work in this instance? How does it cycle through the Elemental Damage types if I apply all three each hit?

edit: also using Added Lightning Gem. By far, Lightning is my highest damage element.

(b) How does the EE -50% to resistance work in concert with Inquisitor Ascendancy, Inevitable Judgement?

I think -50% to resistances which would at any time be 2/3 of my damage can be the single best damage skill point.

Considering I'm already Inquisitor using Inevitable Judgement
Spoiler
Critical Strikes ignore Enemy Elemental Resistances
Non-Critical Strikes Penetrate 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances

Would crit strikes then be (literally) -50% resistances?

Thanks
Last edited by Dakilula on Sep 28, 2016, 12:47:26 AM
Last bumped on Sep 29, 2016, 9:54:06 AM
a) EE gives +25% to every elemental resist of a type the hit dealt and -50% to every type it didn't. If you deal all three types in one hit, the mob will just get +25% to all resists.

b) When Inevitable Judgement says "ignores" it really means it. It just skips the resist step of the damage calculation entirely. That means that lowering a mob's resistances doesn't do anything for your crits.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Hello,

first of, EE (Elemental Equilibrium) works in the following way:

You hit a Monster with a Skill (Spell or Attack doesn't matter), if this skill has elemental damage (like cold) then the cold resist after(!) the first hit will be increased for the mob and the other resistances will be lowered.

If you have a skill which deals all 3 sorts of elemental Damage, all 3 will increased and no resistance from the mob will be lowered.

This means, using EE with a tri-ele skill is a bad idea. Because it has only downsides.

To your 2nd question, EE has no real effect for this ascendancy node.

Reason:

If you Crit the resistance will be rolled for the mob with 0% in any given way. Even when the mob has negative res, it'll be counted as it were 0%. Therefore EE with Inquisitor is when you are crit based not usefull. As Mapmod its a free Packsize mod, thats all.

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Thank you for the great responses!

Super community!
Is Elemental Hit a good dps node for Elemental hit and/or Wild Strike?
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
Is Elemental Hit a good dps node for Elemental hit and/or Wild Strike?

Only if you have no flat Elemental Damage bonuses whatsoever.

Elemental Hit entirely thrives off flat Elemental Damage, making EE terrible.

Wild Strike can be built scaling off Physical Damage, but using EE means not using Physical to Lightning nor Hatred, and you're already losing out on Melee Damage bonuses by using Wild Strike. It's possible to use EE, but whether it's worthwhile? I do not know.
60% of your Damage will be Elemental, and there's a 33% chance that you hit with the same element twice.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 29, 2016, 9:54:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info