Hate Uber Lab

You don't have to do Uber Lab, to "finish" your char, the same way you don't have to level to 100. It's for min-maxers & purely optional.

But if you think you need the last 2 points, then make an effort to get them. The need to adapt your build for this specific encounter (switch gear, gems, flasks...) is nothing extra-ordinary and should be expected. It should not be possible to faceroll 100% of the content 100% of the time with 100% of the builds.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
OP, I agree, uber lab izaro is OP and annoying to tackle with many builds, let alone near-impossible on some builds. On the other hand, there is global 820 and guilds exist, so you can always get help to complete it. Some builds out there can cake walk through izaro at the end of uber lab.

As for the lab itself, I'm one of the few who really enjoys it. Not izaro fights, but the lab on its own. I know many hate having lab-gated points, but not all content needs to be easy or fun to achieve.

"
Docbp87 wrote:
Then don't do the Uber lab. Most builds actually don't NEED 8 points. In fact, up until 2.2, we did most all of the content without ANY ascending at all! That said, most builds are "uber-capable" once they reach a certain level of gear and progression. It takes at most 15 minutes to run?

Completely disagree. If the extra 2 ascendancy points are there, you can't claim it's something we don't need. Might as well tell people, "hey, most builds don't need the last 20 levels, so don't bother with it". Of course 6 ascendancy points and 80 levels is enough for anyone to enjoy PoE, and do it over and over again, but that's not the point of this.

Of course the OP can skip it, but the point is to have all levels and progression obtainable. Yet that might not be easily obtainable or even desired given the time investment (a la last X number of points in every league). But it is obtainable for those who invest the effort and/or time. So those last 2 points are every part of a build, even if they don't make or break a build.

"
Biznits wrote:
It's easier to just buy an uber carry, and that makes me feel like the game is a joke. Half the problem isn't even the fight, it's the shitty lag from all the crap in his room (burning ground is like the most dangerous izaro room ffs).

You've wandered all over in your thoughts on this, so just keep in mind that justifying one point with a completely unrelated point doesn't give it any more weight. I do agree with you that completing uber lab for another 2 ascendancy points is frustrating and annoying, but there are many, many ways to get around that. Others here argued that you don't need to do it, but I argue that you can do it with minimal effort and almost any build, given you get the right people to help you through it. You don't need to "buy" an uber carry, just find someone who's willing to run it and let them get all of the drops they want. Easily solved. And if you have trouble with the traps along the way? Just throw in a lightning warp gem. Even uber lab is easy to get through, it's just the fights with izaro that takes certain build strategies (and decent gameplay).
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Sep 26, 2016, 3:18:04 PM
"
Biznits wrote:
Ok, please don't come and tell me crap like "just go with 6 points" and "you don't have to do it." Just think about it for 10 minutes, and you'll realize it's a stupid thing to say.

Is it? My level 95 Standard Ranger (Pathfinder, Ice Shot) that I've played quite a bit recently has 6 ascendancy points, cause I did not feel the need to get 8. I would not even know very well what to spec those two more points into.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Biznits wrote:
Ok, please don't come and tell me crap like "just go with 6 points" and "you don't have to do it." Just think about it for 10 minutes, and you'll realize it's a stupid thing to say.

Is it? My level 95 Standard Ranger (Pathfinder, Ice Shot) that I've played quite a bit recently has 6 ascendancy points, cause I did not feel the need to get 8. I would not even know very well what to spec those two more points into.

And both of mine haven't bothered yet to get their last 2 either. And they're both not 100 yet, and possibly may never be, depending on if I get bored with them or not.

But that doesn't mean we should expect everyone to skip the last 2 ascendancy points. It's there to get, it's part of the progression, so don't discount it. Of course the OP doesn't need to get it, but it's his prerogative, and if he's getting frustrated in his progress to get it, that's his privilege to complain about it on the Feedback forum. We can offer alternatives and our feedback as well, but we can't just discount a part of the game's progression.
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Sep 26, 2016, 3:23:50 PM
Too much lag/desync in the lab. I use flame dash and kept snapping back to the place i casted from. No other lag/rubber banding in game.
Does anyone have an example of a build that can't do uber lab?

I feel like most builds should focus on AOE and a "decent" single target even though it's not the best. I have 3 different builds I have leveled this league. Two are 90+, the current one i'm working on is 85. All 3 have fully ascended through uber lab.

1) CI Blade Fall trapper
2) Slayer Cyclone
3) Hierophant Mjolner/Discharge

These are 3 different builds with 3 different playstyles and all of them ascended on their own accord w/ no party play.

The only build that I feel is probably really annoying to do Uberlab with is some sort of summoner build. I hate summoner builds so I'll never have that issue. I'm just curious as to what these builds are because I can't really think of what skills these types of builds would revolve around.
Last edited by Prizy on Sep 26, 2016, 3:32:39 PM
Your last post is absolutely true. You can't settle for 6 pts. In the long run. I hate being carried too.

If your build isn't OP,

- Overlevel it. Dumb way but most can push into red maps with 6 pts. 7k hp, even hgher ES, better gear and gcp'd gems means more dps.
- 1st 2 meetings with Izaro is meant to disable his buffs. Dont go for him unless they are done.
- Dont go in after a long session of mapping or when tired, angry. You'll just die on some stupid trap.
- Mobility. Choose what suits you. Not OP builds needs to move pass his hits and the traps in his claustrophobic boss room. I died several times running into traps while trying to evade him. If you can't facetank him and depend on leech, regen, flasks, then lightning warp/less duration/faster casting out of his way to live long enough for another hit.

PS. Ive done him with onboard video and -5 texture quality so i know the extra difficulty with lag. BUT im already a lvl 90 7khp+ totemer.
Last edited by monsoonrider on Sep 26, 2016, 3:49:40 PM
"
monsoonrider wrote:
- Overlevel it. Dumb way but most can push into red maps with 6 pts.

Isn't that how we did it pre-Prophecy anyways? ;-)

"
monsoonrider wrote:
- 1st 2 meetings with Izaro is meant to disable his buffs. Dont go for him unless they are done.

Yeah, that's the most important thing to clear him solo for those struggling: disable all buffs for final battle.
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Sep 26, 2016, 4:30:25 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:

Yeah, that's the most important thing to clear him solo for those struggling: disable all buffs for final battle.

this.
Also, bring culling strike.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Biznits wrote:

And both of mine haven't bothered yet to get their last 2 either. And they're both not 100 yet, and possibly may never be, depending on if I get bored with them or not.

But that doesn't mean we should expect everyone to skip the last 2 ascendancy points. It's there to get, it's part of the progression, so don't discount it. Of course the OP doesn't need to get it, but it's his prerogative, and if he's getting frustrated in his progress to get it, that's his privilege to complain about it on the Feedback forum. We can offer alternatives and our feedback as well, but we can't just discount a part of the game's progression.

Yeah, but if you want them, get them. Most builds can do it. You might have to adjust your setup a bit (change a gem or two, use a bit more defensive gear, add a curse), but for most builds it should somehow be possible, no? Yeah, if you are trying to do it on a mediocre build with a 4link you might fail, but then again in that case you probably have other things to work on first.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info