[Draft] 2.4 Soulthirst Low-life Ethereal Knives Selfcast Flask PathFinder

[THE BELOW IS A WORK IN PROGRESS]

General concept:

Take advantage of the tier 7 & 8 essence mods to get tons of damage from unusual sources.

Decided stuff:

Abuse souleater to cast >10 times a second {with stacks}
Soulthirst belt:

amplify said damage with lowlife modifiers like pain attunement (30% more spell damage). & i'm toying with the idea of using the unique redbeak rusted sword also. This has multiple benefits:

100% increased damage on lowlife (this double dips with damage over time, so if you plan on using the poison gem, you get this effectively twice for poison <once for the hit, and once again for the DoT>

The tier 8 essences i'm mostly interested are listed below, tier 7's i'l talk about briefly, but won't mention detail as they are more commonly used.

UNDECIDED STUFF:

useful essences:
RINGS
Hysteria - 10% of phys damage added as fire.
Self Explanatory, doesn't seem like much but will likely perform very well when we stack crit and damage elsewhere. Remember we could roll two of these

Delirium - 40% inc damage with poison.
seems like a good candidate for a build with redbeak in it. will improve our single target A LOT which is what EK is weakest at.

GLOVES
Hysteria- Socketed Gems deal 175-225 fire damage.
not sure what the most efficient use of this is, but it may be interesting with heralds or ridic cast speed builds. experimental at this stage.

Insanity - 20% more atk and cast speed for socketed gems.
if you plan to stack some cast speed, this'l make it even better. synergy with soul eater if we can deal with the mana cost involved.

Horror - +3% base crit chance for socketed gems.
while this was nerfed before release from +5% to +3%, it'l definitely be worth considering in crit builds to smooth out your crit rate.

HELMS
Insanity - 50% of phys damage added as lightning damage for socketed gems.
This inspired me to make the build! Seems OPieOP.

Horror - 30% more ele damage (useful if using phys to lightning ).
Seems awesome for heralds. Doubt it affects socketed ele auras themselves, but its worth checking!
It will however effect auras which are affecting socketed gems if you know what I mean.

AMULET
Insanity - 10% chance to recover 10% of mana pool when you use a skill.
This is interesting because if you can hit an equilbrium point where you are always at low mana but never empty, you can really abuse souleater to its max potential. (The faster you cast, the harder it is to remain above "0 mana" without blood magic).

Belt
Delirium - +50% chaos resistance during flask effect
super good for lowlife builds!
I'm aiming for 1.5k unreserved HP or so, this'l make it less frightening, and since this is a flask build we should be maintaining 100% uptime. Delirium also has a 50% less damage from Chaos DoTs on chestpieces mod, which may also be worth considering instead {like when running soulthirst}, but I think this is better value in all other cases.

Tier 7 essences:

Dread on "Wand: (47-52)% increased Projectile Speed" awesome for EK.

Deafening essence of Scorn
This is the essence we want to abuse the most, the ability to farm crit multi:
"Amulet: (35-41)% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
Ring: (21-25)% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier"

Deafening Essence of Wrath

"Other Jewellery: (31-34)% increased Lightning Damage"
A good choice if we plan on phys to lightning in our setup. Combines well with an essence craft on belts (5% elemental pen during flask effect), plus we can have 3 of these, 1 on amulet, two on rings.

SOCKETS
|Helm Links|
4L

If using Helm as primary EK setup:
EK - Spell Echo - Phys to Lightning - Faster Proj (Craft Horror +30% more ele)
EK - Spell Echo - Pierce - Faster Proj (Craft Insanity +50% lightning)

|Chest Links|

Glove Links

If using Gloves as primary EK setup:

Base crit seems the best to build for:
EK - Spell Echo - Crit chance - Crit Multi.

Boot Links

Shield links
Prism Guardian + Auras/heralds.
My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1338089
Last edited by conall88 on Sep 25, 2016, 2:12:12 PM
Last bumped on Sep 25, 2016, 3:07:07 PM
reserved
My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1338089

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info