[2.4] Speedy Decay Build

Have you taken this up against any of the top tier maps, guardians, shaper etc?

Also, you mentioned that you didn't know any better way to hit the entire screen. Did you try lightning arrow? Every LA build I've seen hits more than a screen in one shot.
Currently playing this build as a level 83 Occultist.

How I like it so far:
Leveling was a hassle because I dislike essence drain, but as soon as I hit 50 it became a breeze, I forgot to pick up quest skill points until level 80, after I did uber lab several times.

ATM I only have 8k es, which left me feeling a little squishy until I started using Ascent From Flesh belt with a Quartz Flask.
Spoiler

Giving a total of 16% chance to dodge attacks and 10% chance to dodge spells. As well as giving some nice ES AND sorely needed evasion on top of the 10% movement speed from phasing. Add to this the relative damage increase of diving through packs and technical safety of being able to run through enemies and never getting corner f***ed.

---

A well rolled pair of gloves with corrupted curse of temp chains on hit would lose a nice lab enchant but give a small boost in damage by allowing better damage rings.
Spoiler

Even though the ring is trash, 23%-34% chaos damage each, 2 rings and amy would be 69%-102% increased damage, nothing to scoff at.

---

I also dropped the 10 points in the bottom of the scion area, the res/jewel evasion, and skill duration, (ending at the large scion eva passive) and went west out of the witch jewel socket to get the 4 chaos damage nodes and 2 ES nodes, giving me 64% increased damage and 18% increased ES, while giving me the option to spend one more point to get Unnatural Calm for another 18% increased ES.

Edit: THIS TREE IS ONLY A PARTIAL TREE. Showing where I stopped at the Scion EVA node, and where I put the points to the north of witch tree.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAABEPGyUi9DsNPV9GcUuuTLNRTFJTUq9ca2f8bAttGW-egwmESJMnl5WX9KxHrJi0DLtNvorKSsrT0B_ZW91f34rpAu_r99c=

I feel that it is worth losing the jewel socket for the increased damage and ES, with the Ascent From Flesh belt I don't feel the loss of EVA from Sentinel and 1 of the scion eva wheel.

It's probably best to level taking the skill effect duration, resistances, and jewel socket, then switching to damage once you have some more mitigation and good resist gear.
---

For clearing large trash packs, like near shrines, I keep a Vaal Power Siphon on chain, it won't kill rares nearly as fast, but its a great little 2 link for killing trash.

Ive found that single large rares are safer than a large pack, even if you are only doing hit and runs.

---

Overall this build leveled terrible (cause CI and too cheap to pay for respec) but It turned out very tanky with going ES/EVA.

8k ES is still stronger than 8K life, with 8k evasion (after grace, no aura effect nodes on tree) and Ascent From Flesh/quartz flask combo It feels very tanky. Anything that manage to hit me has to go through 8k ES, and eva helps a LOT with getting ES to begin regen while in a hectic fight.

---

With trash items, level 83, I'm clearing t15 dual boss with relative ease. If I had rings that were not literal garbage tier 25 cent toy dispenser rings I would say it's t15s are east as shit. (I cleared my first t14 at level 75)

As we know, chaos damage cannot fight 2 out of the 4 guardians, because GGG says: "Fuck your unique fun build, go BV" but I think it would excel at the other two... especially since you just tap them once and put down a wither totem...
Last edited by ComradeSovietPavel on Nov 28, 2016, 4:56:53 PM
"

As we know, chaos damage cannot fight 2 out of the 4 guardians

incorrect

2 of the guardians guardians are immune to poison, not to chaos damage. ED can kill them just fine, its just a longer fight
ComradeSovietPavel wrote:
"
I also dropped the 10 points in the bottom of the scion area, the res/jewel evasion, and skill duration, (ending at the large scion eva passive) and went west out of the witch jewel socket to get the 4 chaos damage nodes and 2 ES nodes, giving me 64% increased damage and 18% increased ES, while giving me the option to spend one more point to get Unnatural Calm for another 18% increased ES.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAABEPGyUi9DsNPV9GcUuuTLNRTFJTUq9ca2f8bAttGW-egwmESJMnl5WX9KxHrJi0DLtNvorKSsrT0B_ZW91f34rpAu_r99c=

The modified tree you posted here has only 35 points spent. Not sure you put the correct link.
"
inner_child wrote:

The modified tree you posted here has only 35 points spent. Not sure you put the correct link.

Sorry, this was just meant to show exactly what I changed.
I stopped at the scion EVA wheel and instead put the points into the top part.

This partial tree was mean to be used along side Ghudda's original tree.

My character was only level 83, and I didn't want to confused people with a full tree.
Hi Ghudda,

I have a question:

did this build work, with the new Blade Vortex modification ?

"
Blade Vortex has been refactored. Instead of separate hits for each active blade, the blades now increase the frequency at which all enemies in the radius take damage, and the amount of damage they take. The skill now has a base hit frequency of 600ms and has 10% increased hit rate per active blade. Its damage has been reduced by 30% at all levels and it deals 30% more damage per active blade.

Thx you
Last edited by ManuZB on Dec 4, 2016, 6:04:43 PM
Was Dual Wielding Delirium Weapon fixed? Anyone can confirm?
For the above and anyone coming here later, yes, delirium damage from 2 sources was fixed in 2.4.1 less than a month after the video was posted for this build.
Hi
Anyone knows is build works now or it's completely broken?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info