Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Personal 2.4 char rebuilding thread

Passive tree

Spoiler
Cold offence, defence.

~85k dps without maxed gems

89k dps without maxed gems
89.9k dps, relevelling a few gems
90.5k dps, relevelling a few gems, 2 points spare now, could be a jewel socket. Power charge is tempting though...
We hit ~91.6k dps at some point.

Back down to ~87k dps but with fully overcapped resists and 5.75k life. DPS is plenty fine, Blast Rain is better than Barrage for safely keeping multiple things at range, this shall remain a phys->ele build.
70k dps was managed with P2L swapped for Added Chaos and gloves swapped for Snakebites, for poisoning testing, but they wouldn't chrome reds way past the average number of attempts according to the calculator, and it would require proper gear re-master-crafting & tree changes, as well as probably fitting in a Wither spell totem.

Life/crit chance/resist jewel.
Last edited by ProudLikeAGod on Oct 12, 2016, 2:09:16 PM
Last bumped on Dec 1, 2016, 6:24:12 PM
Blood Magic Iron Will Incinerate, now as a Berserker rather than a Deadeye, because mad leech is better than a somewhat awkward split spray, and much faster Abyssal Cry. Also more armour and life.

Passive tree.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Defences. 8K armour, overcapped resists, 6.67k life and 7.4% regen. Cold dps ~29k.
Self-buffed dps 70k. edit: 71k...
Slightly over 75k with Anger (and golem temporary aura) instead of Haste, but less practical.

Least sure of the Topaz base... other than upgrading it to Vinktar's.

If OoS is good enough alone to proc EO (well, with dat boot enchant), we could free up inc. crit. chance to actually use a curse... but which?
Temp chains is working nicely in T12+. Proj Weakness knockback wasn't doing enough, even if it's More damage.

Rolled some different 3 & 4 flasks for a little more sustain.

Can also run no regen maps, just drop Blood Rage.
-max Merv is fine.
-max ele reflect no issue.

75.3k tooltip dps with a new non-legacy Doon.

More Strength & dps:

Now trading some dps for 120HP.
replaced with Efficient Training. 31.3k cold tooltip down to 31k.
Strength up from 750 to 825. 6756 life.

Spoiler

edit: level 93, unspent point.
With an otherwise crap ring instead of Haste, we can get 7.1k life and similar dps. 7.6k with a Belly iirc.
Then I thought to Bless my Onyx. 6.8k life, almost 77k dps. ~85k with the random golem aura buff iirc.

Facetanked t14 Merv + GMP, no issues.

Facetanked t14 double Oak, -max, ele reflect, EE. Used 1 portal during fight.
And a t15 Zana Torture Chamber, with no real extra mods.
48% extra life burning man bang didn't hurt.

I'd like to find a way to reliably sustain frenzy charges against bosses.
If I swap BR and put Frenzy there and on a key, I'd have to give up another, like the golem summon. Replacing the move-only with Frenzy gets you into difficulties.

More t14+ stuff. Palace Dominus was trivial. And would be easy with much harder mods, such a good arena & telegraphed skills.
Kaom is a twat. Maybe vuln + aoe + fire + reduced regen/leech was a bad combo, but the arena bombs don't seem to be predictable to avoid, his attacks cover a huge area with trucking damage, and the raging spirits are a PITA too.
I also lost a portal dying as I killed the last of an storm-calling Obelisk pack early on, and to a ghosted Zana t14? Tropical Island boss that I did between Kaom deaths. Maybe I could have managed Kaom with the flasks swapped earlier on, had Cull ready on WB.

Crafted a new flask combo. Because Onslaught is great for us for dps and whirling. Can't work my legacy Div Distil in without possibly getting a Kiara's Determination, which is short duration and not the double use I crafted here.

83.5k peak dps, before golem aura thing.
Yet only 84.6k dps with 20/20 Added Chaos.

Legacy T13 Courtyard with temp chains and a bunch of other shit, no problem.
First Maze, no problems.
First time ever fighting Rigwald, T15, cake.
Fuck Kaom's fight.

Cold dps before different gear combo.

Cold dps after with gear combo, barely not overcapped for ele-weakness, CBA to re-try masters & Blesseds yet.
87.2k dps without golem aura. And 88.6k with.
Maybe not worth the life, armour and resist loss, but just testing out the benefits of cast speed, while relinking the chest keeps just rolling 5links.
94k dps with Anger instead of Haste. Feels slow man.

Back to Haste. Atziri Viable. Hella rusty at the run, can't tank an enraged Vaal Oversoul's slam. Otherwise deathless, trash pops to Abyssal Cry and tanking them (even with ghosted rare and Herald of Obs about) was fine.
Manage to burst down the trio before Vaal Haste ran out...

29th October 2016:

It 6linked, 3 fusings into the 5th time of breaking the 5link iirc.
101k dps with Haste and no golem. We can now out-cast our life regen. Maybe well suited to swapping Blood Rage for Stone golem vs single bosses, with the helmet enchant we got yesterday:

110.6k dps with Anger but it's not as practical.
Used a Divine, got a tiny bit more life, less armour.

Right, 100% leech after a Savage Hit, but leech stops at max life unlike Slayer...
VP + US would probably make us immune to all but 1shots, as we can do no regen maps off of 1% leech, or could before Faster Casting.

Or, RF. Turns out we can already sustain it after swapping in a 2nd EW with PoF & once the leech is procced to be >1%, else FC degens us still. 170.5k dps tooltip. Very tempting to rework tree a bit for regen, get a lvl21 PoF, sort resists and flasks again, as we'd need a Dousing, and probably want a Sulphur & Ruby.

Corrupted but no real extra mods T15 Daresso was easy.

Got a new ring, forgot to log new belt.

Latest defences, 6.93k life, still 101k dps.

4% from overcapped on cold, Divining the belt alone won't do it, but remastering the helmet could. Not sure if worth yet. Also not sure what to remaster on the new ring.

Of course, right after I buy a 21/20 Incinerate, I vaal mine to get another...
109.4k dps.

No regen, crit, GMP, boss AoE, BM T11 no issues.
Ele reflect, shocked ground, hexproof legacy Palace T13? melted boss.
No regen, -max, extra damage, GMP Sulphur Wastes T13?, just about face-tank-leeched the boss.

Enfeeble, desecrated, inconsequential other mods T15 Kaom (AKA round 2). Done first go, no portals used, so underwhelming.
A quick test in Merciless before revealed the arena firebombs are 1/3 at a time, then 2/3 at a time, so you don't dodge them individually but the section they're landing in.

See below.
Last edited by ProudLikeAGod on Nov 5, 2016, 5:57:42 PM
I always thought incin was fun but needed insane leech to deal with the expense of standing still, so it's a cool direction and it's nice to see what you did with it. Someday that 6(7th) link will come through and I wonder where the deeps will be then.

and 7k hp is a noble goal to shoot for.
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
The last post was getting a bit large, even with spoilers.

Passive tree, full ascendancy taken and spare passive used for Dex, because of Citrine->Amber amulet upgrade.

7.1k life, defences. 45.5k cold dps.

111.8k tooltip dps. Now 113k. Strangly only then 114k from another 1% More...

Jewels: Clear Mind, Inertia, Efficient Training.

Still dunno what to do with open/master-crafted prefix on ring.
Could change gloves defensive one too. Only for Catarina's 10-15% minion life really.

Instead of BR vs bosses without adds?

Instead of BR for culling?

Instead of golem in no-regen maps.

Some more atlas-bonus logs:
Spoiler
Ele reflect, reduced leech, double bosses Shipyard: hurt, but survived.
Temp chains, double boss Estuary: died because the leech target did & temp chains caught me out.
Temp Chains, Enfeeble, uber'd boss High Gardens: done first-go-ever, no portals used.

Can't remember the mods Overgrown Ruin: totally garbage arena and boss design, there's a table you can't whirl through, low walls between pillars you can cast totems across but not Incinerate over, and the possible boss 'Berrots, The Breaker' "spawns Searing bond totems that are linked to slow moving unkillable slimes. The totems are near immortal aswell". Ended up running many laps around the wall, slowly dpsing. Melting near instantly if you go into the beams even with our 7.1k life and ~10% regen. Badly needs tuning.
Got him after a couple of deaths.

Temp Chains, EE, AoE, GMP, fast, Beyond, first-time-encounter Volcano Boss: didn't even use a portal.

The Gorge goat is a bit of an arse. He can be dodged (with whirling blades), even with temp chains. So can double-boss (without TC). He can be dps-d down/face-tanked even with no regen.
But combos of inc AoE/Vuln/increased damage/poison can outright one-shot even 7.1k life.

Sulphur Wastes bosses can also be tricky, a bit RNG as to which aggros out the camp gate first (bait with totem into OoS temp chains range). Some can be face-tanked, sometimes the freezing pulse trapper is very dangerous. not sure if any map mods really change this boss encounter. Cannibals in the main zone can hit stupid hard though, possibly without noticable projectile/spell animation.

13th Nov. Without Vaal lightning trap: we can dps Atziri 100-0% before she first splits (good dps but useless). Can also kill the Vaal duo right as the second one comes back up enraged. We can just about tank the enraged Dual Striker's thorns. We can reliably kill the trio before Vaal Haste runs out, yet also kite & fight them normally. And survive dpsing the Atziri mirror split for a second or so. Gem swaps for Uber might be:
Golem for Inc Dur in helm.
Proj weakness in OoS CoH. Or go without cursing because of reflection, go Culling and Inc AoE?
Boots becomes Vaal Lightning Trap(x2?) - Inc Dir - Vaal Haste/Grace? Might not be enough souls for all vaal skills, also Abyssal Cry is a heal without using pots.

Tried (corrupted) Core. Didn't die to the 3 mini-bosses. Died 6 times to first phase Malachai. Tried swapping in extra cold res & chill immune flasks.
Got outright 1-shot. NBS, he can 1shot 7.1k life in Merciless (3man party) ffs...
Haste + Inc AoE was lethal. Not that EE + Enfeeble was helping sustain.
Last edited by ProudLikeAGod on Nov 14, 2016, 6:03:09 PM
Blade Flurry block Pathfinder, because if BF does enough damage anyway, let's go tanky with block, and abuse flasks & poison?

Passive tree

Spoiler
~5.2k life. 1.8-3.6k average damage?? (Before totem More attack speed)

So I had this shield hanging about, and wondered if Unholy Might would also be worth it (doesn't really feel so, but overall dps seems good). We run BR to strip off our ES.

Also we could try Bless the rare ring to get to 1% short of overcapped fire & lightning with Diamond Skin notable unspecced.

Tried an Overflowing Chalice instead of Taste of Hate, didn't like it or feel it was needed.

Feels like I want at least a Bubbling if not Seething Life flask though.

Reduced leech & regen, Extra monster life, crit Shrine Piety: no real bother.
A binding for Vaal Lightning Trap is awkward. Middle mouse should be best, but is a bit clunky to activate.

23rd Nov:
Hit level92, only 1 death, to some very fast Shaped Strand boss of all things. 4.4k tooltip average hit.
Meanwhile Mathil's crit Abyssus, lvl21 Added Chaos, 6linked Void Manipulation, Conc Effect tooltip hit 43k average the other day, with the same effective life...
Last edited by ProudLikeAGod on Nov 23, 2016, 7:13:06 PM
Knocked out some achievements before the passive respecs roll around.

Passive Tree atm, 6 points spare.

9 zombies via Midnight Bargain(s), and then 60 minions (used at least one Army of Bones jewel iirc).

Now considering a Mon'tregul's Grasp and actually trying a summoner build. AI still seems pretty terrible though, and mad socket starvation.

Spoiler

Could put 10-15% minion life/damage on gloves. Maybe flat mana prefix on Paua ring?
Bad flasks atm, and no good movement skill.
Now 8 points spare, Spirit Offering lets us drop Purity of Elements and remain overcapped while it's up, not sure about minions' resists though.
MG explosions consume corpses we'd like to have for Offering, not great synergy.
Last edited by ProudLikeAGod on Nov 28, 2016, 7:43:46 AM
Experiments with Kongor's:

Passive tree atm

old: 9k dps cold, 16k dps charged & flasked.
edit: spent some points on 2-hander dps, 29.5k dps with vaal haste.

Crits still freeze & shatter... go ToH, Vinktar's?

Doesn't have the mobility/defences to handle uber Izaro, wasted an offering myself, and another via a bad carry service.
Last edited by ProudLikeAGod on Dec 2, 2016, 11:33:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info