Atlas of Worlds is sexy?

Just some impressions so far.

Initially I was lucky to get next tier map each time I played right-upper area. Atlas welcomed me with a lot of 6S drops and Essence worm from first boss (Also today I got this cutie I don't know what to do with
. When I completed Strand (I got 2 from previous map), I decided to focus more on unlocking more maps and getting more bonus before doing more Yellow maps.

Either it's my pace or my playime time being few hours per day (some time also used to chill in hidout for various reasons ^_^), but I played like 40 maps and bonus now is somewhere around 25.

I generally get pissed off when next tier map doesn't drop after completing map 3 times, so I just buy maps I need to unlock. Hello, SSF players! :3 And I don't play some maps on purpose, because some of new bosses I already had fun to encounter so far are like specifically designed to rekt Melee.

Factory Boss that drops Vortex and slows me down so much I barely move. One of the Vaal Pyramid bosses that uses AOE Melee skill that rapidly deals tons of damage. Burial Chambers boss have Soul Eater and detonates dead which hurts a lot. I feed her a lot of souls and had to use help to kill it LOL. I don't have good gear yet and my Build sucks as usaul, so it doesn't help either. GGG's Hate for Melee confirmed once again.

Without buying maps, moving forward seems pretty bothersome, because maps that you need to complete in order to get more bonus can drop only from certain maps and this maps can suck ass or just don't drop this map, so one can stuck for good at some point. Zana helps with this a little though as she can sell you maps you yet didn't completed.

But overall I enjoy new end-game. There is a lot of fresh interesting and just fun to play new maps. Old maps now have less dead-ends, more linear design, wider rooms, etc. Like every map now have a lot of mobs. Even without pack size mob density seem great - sweet juicy packs of mobs are everywhere. And maps actually drop quite often but obtaining specific maps can be a bitch though.

Got 1 Diviner's SB that gave me 3Exalted div card and bunch of other useful cards. 1 Carto SB that yilded not much honestly.

Don't encounter many essences in maps though (seems like during levelling process I was getting them more often) . Like 1-2 per map on average and it's most often than not not even T5 one.

Seen 0 Sextants so far. FeelsNoSexMan

And 1 Trial. LOL. Where the fuck my Trials, GGG? :o
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Sep 21, 2016, 10:24:18 AM
Last bumped on Sep 26, 2016, 7:42:19 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

I generally get pissed off when next tier map doesn't drop after completing map 3 times, so I just buy maps I need to unlock.

Just leaving it here in case you don't know - if you have 3 of the same map you can trade it for the next one (vendor recipe).
"
almostdead wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

I generally get pissed off when next tier map doesn't drop after completing map 3 times, so I just buy maps I need to unlock.

Just leaving it here in case you don't know - if you have 3 of the same map you can trade it for the next one (vendor recipe).

Problem is having 3 maps of same type at the time. Usually it's easier to just buy map you need unless it's about expensive maps. I am glad I don't play SSF.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
almostdead wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Problem is having 3 maps of same type at the time. Usually it's easier to just buy map you need unless it's about expensive maps. I am glad I don't play SSF.

oh yeah, of course, I just thought you meant you get tired/pissed off playing the same map 3 times in a row.
"
almostdead wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Omg how did I not know this? I have a bloody stash tab filled to the brim with rank 1-5 maps, many of which I have like 10 copies of. Time for spring cleaning then!
The Tizzysawr is listening...
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:50:34 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
^a lot of people save maps in that range to combine with 20% quality hammers for the chisel recipe. Personally I always find more hammers than T1-5 maps once I start running mostly T10+, and even saving all my T1-5 for the recipe I always feel starved for chisels. When you consider you can buy up to T7 maps for less than the price of a chisel the 3:1 recipe doesn't really make sense at those low tiers unless you play self found.

Honestly I stopped using Chisels right now^^. I get plenty of maps anyway and it feels wasted using them on anything not red with also a good and mobfilled layout. Usually I used chisels from T9 on, but now I can't really bring myself to use them because I always feel I can get higher without them^^.
I love Chisel recipe. I would probably use it even when I would get filthy rich.
Still no Sex wtf...i mean sextants
"
Tizzysawr wrote:

Omg how did I not know this? I have a bloody stash tab filled to the brim with rank 1-5 maps, many of which I have like 10 copies of. Time for spring cleaning then!

Yeah, that one's pretty valuable to know, especially now with the Atlas. I've probably gotten about ~20% of my atlas completion bonus using that recipe when various locked maps wouldn't drop from their adjacents.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info