[2.4] Poison Vortex Trap Build - Saboteur Shadow

Equips          

Complete Build Guide          
Last edited by toledosaur on Feb 18, 2017, 4:58:05 PM
Last bumped on Mar 16, 2017, 2:47:46 PM
Hey man, love your builds.

Few quick questions. So i noticed you dont go crit or elemental overload, wouldn't you want to do one of those? do you think it's worth it to get the blast cascade node for the power charges and free crit scaling? could also do a OOS coh setup for elemental overload if you wanted to not crit at all.

Also wondering about elemental equilibrium. So your traps trigger doing fire and chaos dmg, then they get penned by the cold dot. Since the dot doesn't actually hit you would basically constantly have the -50% res boost. since we are more about converting the fire dmg to chaos than actually doing fire dmg who cares if we lose the (25% *~50%) fire dmg.

Thanks

EDIT: Also what are your thoughts on icetrap? technically has higher base dmg and allows you to use another link
Last edited by NoHomoSapien on Sep 23, 2016, 10:35:42 AM
I think he picked vortex so you could look cooler. :)

Seriously though, I wonder if it is because the AoE is bigger and gets enhanced even further with the passives. I've noticed the same thing and Ice Trap is my secondary trap when the vortex is on cooldown since I don't have all the gear and passives yet. I have noticed vortex tends to clear rooms much easier.
Last edited by KaldrinXanthin on Sep 25, 2016, 12:50:07 PM
Is there anything to sub in for the Infernal Mantle on HC? Other than a good yellow that is. I don't wanna risk getting screwed with the 100% more spell dmg taken until I can reduce the reserve cost!
Very nice build. I did a similar set up this league but took mine a very different direction on the tree (build guide coming soon) Mantle is nice but I would argue not required for this type of tune (though I can see why you picked it). I would argue that the beast fur is also a solid chest piece for the build provided you have some Es to work with.

I was curious how your immortal call is set up? I went a different route there as well utilizing some defensive cast when stunned (frost nova etc) stuff and quite frankly stacking a large enough health and shield pool to simply take the all but the hardest hits.
iam running this build
but iam stuck at 10dps at tooltip
how can u run high tier maps with that dps.
is there any way to get my dps higher?
"
sarge87 wrote:
iam running this build
but iam stuck at 10dps at tooltip
how can u run high tier maps with that dps.
is there any way to get my dps higher?

lol at 10dps.. btw, do u have atziri killed with ur trapper sarge87 ?

Anyways, for me it works kinda okayish, i just rerolld in breach league cause i was bored.
Im on around 24 houres /played On this char,and clear up to t6 maps for now, i will wait for maybe 4-5 level and then i will go try aziri. We will see how it does, and how it compete vs. my main char. IDK how it will be on uber tho, i hope it works if not i sell my 6link and delete this char lols :D i will write here back when i did atziri.

best regards =)

Ps. i put a screenshot from my dps atm at lvl 76

Hc: Rayzn_
Nemesis: Raynz_
Last edited by kixn on Dec 21, 2016, 7:30:57 AM
Doing this build atm, seems very strong! Thanks :)
Sparkzflying
If you can only come by a 5-link chest what gem do you recommend cutting?
Hi, have a question: which enchant mods from labirynt are best for that build?
Last edited by niescieruk on Jan 25, 2017, 2:59:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info