[2.4]Dominating blow viable?

Here is another character concept I have been working on. This one featuring a weird mix of spellcasting, minions and melee attacking. Here is now it works.

We use Kitava's Thirst with The Scourge in the following setup: Click to see tree

Gear:
Kitava's Thirst
The Scourge
Highest ES shield you can find
High ES/Evasion armor, Atziri Armor works nicely here

How it works out:

6l chest: Dom Blow -> Multistrike -> Poison -> Melee Splash -> Faster Attacks -> Increased Duration
4l Kitava: Blade Vortex -> Poison -> Controlled Destruction -> Increased Duration
3l Claw: Whirling Blades -> Faster Attacks > Fortify
3l Shield: CWDT (1600 dmg) -> Desecrate -> Spirit Offering
4l Boots: CWDT -> Temp Chains (or enfeeble) -> Convocation -> Discipline
4l Gloves: Inc Duration -> Rallying Cry -> Vaal Haste -> Clarity

We use Dominating blow with at least 100 mana cost (use fevered mind if necessary) for a change to trigger Blade Vortex on every melee attack we make. This autocasts blade vortex as we fight.

Dominating Blow converts minions up to 1 second after they are hit, which means BV kills also trigger it. We have poison on it, which also tranfers to all minions created this way.

For survivability we build HP/ES hybrid and use a shield + rumi for blocking. We have 1600 CWDT setup, which gives us 10% of our maximum health as ES every time it triggers. With 5k base health (should be doable) this translates into 500 base ES, which is increased by 220% from the tree. This gives us back 1600 es :D

Spirit offering has another amazing synergy as well. We (and all minions) get 26% to all resists for free, ES and also 26% of physical damage added as Chaos, which further boosts our dominating blow damage, minion damage and BV damage.

Speaking of BV we have 155 minion damage scaling on tree plus another 70% more from the claw itself. That's actually not half bad. We can use Rathpith to boost this even further.

For mana sustain we use high level clarity + high base manapool + Soul Raker claw leech node + one mana pot.

We must corrupt 5 of our items in order to use Corrupted Energy jewel. This jewel splits Chaos and Physical damage evenly between life and es, which allows us to to use our life rege, pots and life leech from claw even when our ES is not fully depleted.
Last edited by azmodael on Sep 20, 2016, 11:32:49 AM
Last bumped on Sep 20, 2016, 1:53:43 PM
Looks cool but without Minion Life nor Skill Duration nodes, I'm not sure of the result. But I like your use of Kitava and The Scourge, please share and update if you can test this build!
GGG fanboy
"
h55d wrote:
Looks cool but without Minion Life nor Skill Duration nodes, I'm not sure of the result. But I like your use of Kitava and The Scourge, please share and update if you can test this build!

I'm leveling the character, but i am far from the required lvl 70 to use the claw. As for duration - tree has 70% increased duration from passives. Could get the other 45% if i scrap the claw leech nodes, but i feel they are necessary. Minion life is not as important if you can feed your minions resists. Would love to get those too, too boost the dmg of the cloud, but honestly i dont see how that will happen.
Last edited by azmodael on Sep 20, 2016, 1:55:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info