vaal molten shell bug

i use this combo of items:


which make me take damage every time i ignite.
but when i activate vaal molten shell.... even when i ignite alot, it dosent seem to trigger the explosion of VMS.
vaal molten shell has changed to activate only when it migate phys damage, but with this armour i get 10% from the fire damage taken as phys, and that should be megated with VMS and trigger the explosion, no?
p.s. i tired that with 0 armour from other gear, still not working for VMS
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
Last edited by The_x_ile on Sep 18, 2016, 6:30:30 AM
Last bumped on Sep 30, 2016, 6:12:04 AM
bump?
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
bump again... would love a response from GGG
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
"
The_x_ile wrote:
bump again... would love a response from GGG

^
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
Bug reports get logged and at a later point somebody will attempt to reproduce it. If this can be done, it will be flagged as confirmed and they'll try to identify what's causing the bug. When that has been done they'll develop a fix for it and push that fix 'live' on internal servers to test if A) the fix actually resolves the issue, and, B) if the fix breaks anything else.

I'm sure if an employee needs more information they'll respond, but typically bug reports won't be responded to (by any company) and will take weeks-months to go through the system. I don't know what response you're hoping for - all they could say is "yup, we can see your thread."

Sometimes on the forums for a game dev people have a very short-term view on things. GGG staff will all be working on something already - in the case of people working on bugs, there's plenty of known issues and older bug reports to sift through. They will read your thread but they won't drop everything and immediately go work on whatever bug is affecting you personally.

Please don't post twice a day until they respond or fix it - that's just spamming the forum.
"
Sarno wrote:
Bug reports get logged and at a later point somebody will attempt to reproduce it. If this can be done, it will be flagged as confirmed and they'll try to identify what's causing the bug. When that has been done they'll develop a fix for it and push that fix 'live' on internal servers to test if A) the fix actually resolves the issue, and, B) if the fix breaks anything else.

I'm sure if an employee needs more information they'll respond, but typically bug reports won't be responded to (by any company) and will take weeks-months to go through the system. I don't know what response you're hoping for - all they could say is "yup, we can see your thread."

Sometimes on the forums for a game dev people have a very short-term view on things. GGG staff will all be working on something already - in the case of people working on bugs, there's plenty of known issues and older bug reports to sift through. They will read your thread but they won't drop everything and immediately go work on whatever bug is affecting you personally.

Please don't post twice a day until they respond or fix it - that's just spamming the forum.


while im understanding what you are saying, this is kind of build defining for me.
while i understand they wont drop everything and adress only my bug, it is good to know if this is really a bug? is that intended? even a simple "we will look into it" is nice. when they just ignore that, i have no way of knowing if this is a bug or not? and if someone ever saw that? (not sure ggg staff look at every single thread here).
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
They do read every thread here. There are way too many threads made everyday for them to respond to them. Just look at the first few pages of the forum and you can count on one hand the number of responses from GGG. It's also the weekend and no one is around.

Don't expect an answer. Would it be nice if you got one, sure...but don't expect it. This is mainly just a place for us to report the bugs we think we see. Nothing more or less.

If you really want an answer, email them by hitting the contact support link up top.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
"
They do read every thread here. There are way too many threads made everyday for them to respond to them. Just look at the first few pages of the forum and you can count on one hand the number of responses from GGG. It's also the weekend and no one is around.

Don't expect an answer. Would it be nice if you got one, sure...but don't expect it. This is mainly just a place for us to report the bugs we think we see. Nothing more or less.

If you really want an answer, email them by hitting the contact support link up top.

ok thanks
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
https://dd.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4z5kjv/theorycrafting_eye_of_innocence/d6u4ma7?context=3


Reddit-Thread about Eye of Innocence answering a question regarding VMS:

"This will not be infinite with VMS in 2.4.0." ~ Mark_GGG



At first I also thought that they just fixed it by only letting physical dmg proc VMS, but maybe the fire dmg from Eye of Innocence doesn't work like a hit and won't ever work, even though in that case it's worded poorly imo.

I was one of the first to buy an Eye of Innocence on Standard and tried this combo asap. My first character on Essence League was also built around abusing this interaction.

That being said even if this doesn't work by accident (!), then it's still the best thing if they keep it that way. I would've just cheesed Shaper with this combo and I don't think anyone else who thought of that combo is innocent of planning to break the game with it.

Planning a build on a clearly broken mechanic like this (infinite dmg loop...) just means that you have to expect it to either not work or get fixed at any time.
Last edited by Apokalyxio on Sep 18, 2016, 8:49:31 PM
"
Apokalyxio wrote:
https://dd.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4z5kjv/theorycrafting_eye_of_innocence/d6u4ma7?context=3


Reddit-Thread about Eye of Innocence answering a question regarding VMS:

"This will not be infinite with VMS in 2.4.0." ~ Mark_GGG



At first I also thought that they just fixed it by only letting physical dmg proc VMS, but maybe the fire dmg from Eye of Innocence doesn't work like a hit and won't ever work, even though in that case it's worded poorly imo.

I was one of the first to buy an Eye of Innocence on Standard and tried this combo asap. My first character on Essence League was also built around abusing this interaction.

That being said even if this doesn't work by accident (!), then it's still the best thing if they keep it that way. I would've just cheesed Shaper with this combo and I don't think anyone else who thought of that combo is innocent of planning to break the game with it.

Planning a build on a clearly broken mechanic like this (infinite dmg loop...) just means that you have to expect it to either not work or get fixed at any time.

I dont plan on this to be infinite... but if i ignite with other source of damage, shouldnt that make vms explode?
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info