(r3.0) Beginner Friendly League Starter / Endgame/Atziri viable-Dual Flame-blast Totems Chieftain.

Chieftain Flameblast Totems.

3.0- stuff should still work the same if anyone is interested,link Arcane Surge to orb of storms for some free damage. Other than that I haven't played with totems for a while so so I haven't looked into new supports or new items but the base build should still work fine.

2.6/
-fixed broken trees for 2.6
-nothing much changed except the aoe gl everything should still work
-if anything else is broken pm me and ill try to fix it when i can

2.5/BUILD UPDATE:Not much has changed,I haven't played this build this league but It should be better with the totem buffs!
The new shield should be pretty good with this buid(Tukohama's Fortress).

Conents

1: Passive trees
2: Ascendancy
3: Gem Links
4: Auras
5: Gear
6: Stats
7: leveling Guide
8: Videos

1: Passive tree

You can choose to go Blood Magic with or without an essence worm(auras aren't that needed)

Bandits:
I would kill all to get the 2 points

Marauder Passives
Spoiler

BloodMagic

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAN1BLMGDgagBsMJ9gthDjwQWBDMES0UIBRxFgsXjBkuGjgaPhzcJbwnLyftKS4qEyycLKcy0TWSOtg64TwFPC09_EVHRZ1KxE3jU1JWSFcNWGNY5VorXl1fBF8_ZIRmVGaeaGVo8m6qcg97IHuzfIN8uIIHgpuDX4PMhXuHZYzPjxqQVZErlG-aO5rgna6f36IAo_KmV6ajpwinlK2Nr2y18rc-uX7AZsT2xgTGrsbYz2fPftH90iHUfNWm2CTYvdlh2XzbT9-_4MPr7uw47TzvDu988B_xrPJB8kXzm_ZI9q74k_m9_gr-h_6P

Mana Based (4 points taken out from blood magic that you can put anywhere you like

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAN1BLMGDgagBsMJ9gthDjwQWBDMES0UIBRxFgsXjBkuGjgaPhzcJNgnLyftKS4qEyycLKcy0TWSOtg64TwFPC09_EVHRZ1KxE3jU1JWSFcNWGNY5VorXl1fBF8_ZIRmVGaeaGVo8m6qcg97IHuzfIN8uIIHgpuDX4PMhW2Fe4dljM-PGpBVkSuUb5o7muCdrp_fogCj8qZXpqOnCKeUrY2vbLXytz65fsBmxPbGBMauxtjPZ89-0f3SIdR81YHVptgk2L3ZYdl86-7sOO087w7vfPAf8azyQfJF85v2SPau-JP5vf4K_of-jw==

Witch Version
Spoiler

I'm currenty (patch 2.6) playing an elementalist version of this build in the ssf league and managed to kill atziri on day 1

It has a bit more damage than the chieftain but is a bit squishy.The prolif and ignites are very nice tho.

You can view that character here:

http://poe-profile.info/profile/slothx/AvatarOfTheFlamex

Its the only thing on my account

Passive tree

2: Ascendancy
Spoiler

head to Tukohama,wars herald(bottom nodes) first then to hinekora,deaths fury( top half )

3:Main Gem Links

3 Links: Spell Totem + Flame Blast + Faster Casting
4th link: + Fire Penetration
5th link: +Increased Area of effect (swap to Concentrated Effect for bosses)
6th link: +Controlled destruction

Utility Links
Spoiler
*Links: Orb of Storms + Increased Critical strikes + Increased Area of Effect (+blind if you have the links)
For proccing Elemental Overload (40% more damage)

Defensive Links
Spoiler
*Links #1: Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Increased Duration (+Molten shell/Tempest Shield)
(High level CWDT + IC is what I prefer)
*Links #2:Cast When Damage Taken + Enfeeble(or flammability/temp chains,really any curse you prefer) + Arctic breath + Greater multiple Projectiles(for the chill)

*: If you have/can afford the links ;)

4:Auras

If you're going with Blood Magic and not using essence worm skip this part.

Blood magic : Essence worm
Spoiler

You can use a defensive aura such as Purity Of Fire/Lightning/Ice or Determination /Arctic Armor or anything else in here that you'd like.
For example:Swapping Anger with Purity Of fire or Lightning on the Atziri fight.Choose as you like.

Mana Based
Spoiler
You have multiple options here.
You can use Anger along with Arctic Armor. You can opt to instead use blasphemy + enfeeble(any curse you want) instead of a CWDT setup for cursing.

5:Gear Requirements:

Though I am using an essence worm it is by all means not required and I'm only using it because I found it and decided it might make my life easier going with blood-magic so I can save some currency not having to re-roll maps with no/less regen.

You don't need anything special for this build,No uniques or expensive gear.Rares with sufficient life/resists ,a wand/scepter/dagger with Fire spell damage +cast speed (if you can afford get some ones with added damage to spells) .
My current Gear
Spoiler

Crafted the Boots,Hands,Amulet,Belt and Shield using essences and farmed T9 Overgrown shrine for the Emper Of Purity card and crafted it using the essence of greed to guarantee the life roll.You don't necessarily have to use a shield,you can use any old staff with some damage and cast speed you get too.You can get a cheap 5link staff (The Flora's Girft Div Card)and craft +2 levels to socketed fire gems to get started also.
Spoiler

transmute,alt +regal and catarina craft

My jewels
Spoiler

Mostly getting my cast speed on the jewels

Recommended Gear
Spoiler

if you got some moniez

Nice Damage boost if you choose blood magic.

Allows you to use an aura with bloodmagic(if you choose to go Blood magic)
Infernal Mantel is also a viable choice since we're blood magic.

If you can afford it try to get cast speed on these 3 slots here
[amulet][rings][weapon]

6:My Stats
Spoiler

Stats with level 19 gems with only flame blast and faster casting at 20 quality.
(Right Click on the images and open them in a new tab to see full size)
Offensive
Spoiler
unbuffed hideout dps with increased area of effect
Spoiler

Dps with Conc Effect
Spoiler

Dps with Elemental Overload proc+ conc effect
Spoiler

Defensive

With Granite
Spoiler

7:Leveling Guide
Spoiler

Level with Flame Totem || firetrap (Buy it from Nessa after the quest "breaking some eggs" in act1) until you get firestorm(buy from Nessa after you return to town for " the siren's cadence" quest).

Pick up spell totem ( from Nessa again) after you killed Brutus.
When you complete the quest "Severe the right hand" in act 3 you can buy Flame Blast from Clarissa,for fasting casting you'll need to get that from someone(templar,shadow,witch or scion-Or get one from poe.trade) since marauders don't get it as a reward ;(
When you get Flame Blast you can start leveling with it(refer to main gem links section at the top).

Passive Point Progression

Basically I rushed Ancestral Bond
Spoiler

Then filled out a few totem nodes and life
Spoiler

Fill out more life and start traveling to final nodes
Spoiler

level 90 Final points(111 total points)

the final points depend on whether you go BM or not.

Recommended Leveling Gear

8:Videos

Spoiler

more maps coming soon~

Tier14 Volcano

Atziri

Thanks for reading.GLHF!

-updated some things
-2.5:not much changed,just got a but stronger with the totem buffs
Last edited by slothx on Aug 22, 2017, 6:51:19 PM
Last bumped on May 14, 2017, 1:34:36 PM
Very good build,i'm currently at lvl 70 and like so much this build
my current gear:

Would you add the new Tukohoma's Fortress shield to this build for 2.5?
Thought I'd try pizzasticks since my Scorching Ray totems weren't working out too well, and this works great. I think once I have the cruel lab points that the same breaches that bend over my blade flurry guy are going to get bent over instead.

Chieftan might be inferior to ele and inq, but I think in this particular league that it might actually be a great idea.
"
JoeODanger wrote:
Thought I'd try pizzasticks since my Scorching Ray totems weren't working out too well, and this works great. I think once I have the cruel lab points that the same breaches that bend over my blade flurry guy are going to get bent over instead.

Chieftan might be inferior to ele and inq, but I think in this particular league that it might actually be a great idea.

Hey yeah,It has less damage but the leech and overall tankyness just feel safer
Thanks a lot for the guide - I find it to be insanely fun!
What did you do, delete your chieftain? I don't see one under you profile. Link an account profile with build please.
"
enemymigs wrote:
What did you do, delete your chieftain? I don't see one under you profile. Link an account profile with build please.

sorry,I usually delete all old characters at the start of a new league

edit-also fixed the broken passive trees in case anyone still wanted to play this in 2.6,only thing that really changed was the aoe changes.

I also added the link to my elementalist version I'm currently playing in LSC SSF
Last edited by slothx on Mar 5, 2017, 5:58:28 PM
Hello I have been trying your build as a league starter and I must say it's very nice I am currently level 67 and will do my merc & uber lab soon (need to get the trials first), hoping to get pretty far with this build and make some curreny to upgrade my gear and for other future builds.
Last edited by Ucero on Mar 6, 2017, 9:45:44 AM
Hello. Thanks for posting this build. Could you explain perhaps the pros and cons versus going Marauder or Witch?

Thanks,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info