Does Ancestral Warchief benefits from the Master of the Arena passive ?

Hello,

Does Ancestral Warchief benefits from the Master of the Arena passive (+2 to melee weapon and unarmed range) ?

I've found no clear answer to this question, and from my own testing (with an Ice Crash), Master of the Arena doesn't seem to add any radius to my Ancestral Warchief.

Please link your sources (or rationales) if you have the answer :)
Last bumped on Sep 12, 2016, 7:26:07 PM
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
I've found no clear answer to this question, and from my own testing (with an Ice Crash), Master of the Arena doesn't seem to add any radius to my Ancestral Warchief.

To radius - no. If you meant the distance at which it slams the ground, it's variable and I think it's the same as for ancestral protector (attack range + 16) so that one should get increased by Master of Arena. The trouble is it will go from ~25 to 27 and that isn't exactly the most noticeable boost out there.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I believe that AoE determines both range and slam radius, it seemed so when I was playing with it
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Sep 12, 2016, 1:43:26 PM
"
Ludvator wrote:
I believe that AoE determines both range and slam radius, it seemed so when I was playing with it

I'll check it later, got a char with a ton of +range.

"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
Hello,

Does Ancestral Warchief benefits from the Master of the Arena passive (+2 to melee weapon and unarmed range) ?

Please link your sources (or rationales) if you have the answer :)

Doesn't weapon range just increase the targeting range for the totem. If you want increased radius as you write you should use increase aoe gem and stuff like that.
Ok, seems that Warchief is indeed affected by AoE bonuses in two ways, they increase the area of his slams and also the range at which he will attempt the slam. Attack range doesn't affect it in any way.

And I found a wee bug, Protector seems to not be affected by attack range either. Equipped a dagger, placed a totem just outside his attack range, swapped it for +2 rapier which is a +4 difference and nothing happened. When I do the same with Warchief and add inc AoE he starts hitting, no reaction to swapping a dagger with rapier.

I think weapon range usually doesn't influence AoE. Cyclone is a notable exception I think.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
I think weapon range usually doesn't influence AoE. Cyclone is a notable exception I think.

Yeah, I meant that it should affect where the AoE center is, and it should certainly affect Protector range.

"
raics wrote:
Ok, seems that Warchief is indeed affected by AoE bonuses in two ways, they increase the area of his slams and also the range at which he will attempt the slam. Attack range doesn't affect it in any way.

And I found a wee bug, Protector seems to not be affected by attack range either. Equipped a dagger, placed a totem just outside his attack range, swapped it for +2 rapier which is a +4 difference and nothing happened. When I do the same with Warchief and add inc AoE he starts hitting, no reaction to swapping a dagger with rapier.
It confirms what I've seen from my own experiments, but I wasn't really sure. In a certain kind of way, it makes sense since Warchief is AoE-based. It seems a lot of Warchief builds need an update ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info