2.4 Atlas of Worlds Hierophant Flameblast Totem Guide!

***(See Redkilt for a quick peek at what I've Come up with in my Profile.)***

So I like everyone else saw the Demo on Youtube/Reddit and wanted to give this a go :)

There weren't any guides out there so I decided to give it the 'old' college try'. Here is what I've come up with!

Feel free to critique as this is very rough. I just hit maps this afternoon, but it seems very viable. My gems are only about 16 and I'm cruising.

With 20/21 and quality gems, I imagine this build will have the dps to clear pretty much all the content. Survive-ability might be the only issue.

I built it as a league starter so I wanted to go Cheap.

The basics of My Build are as follows!

Ascendency:

Hierophant for the 3+ totems. (Ideal for Non-Crit) I personally felt like Crit was a waste because unless you can achieve 100% crit, then You are most likely Overkilling everything tremendously on Crits and then suffering DPS wise on Non Crits.

Offensive Scaling:

We're scaling the initial hit and then then burn by double dipping on as much +Fire damage as possible. Elemental Overload is Crucial for the +More multiplier so take that into consideration. What that means is just that we'll need a source to proc it semi regularly.

Casting speed < Fire Damage/Area damage < Spell Damage/Elemental Damage
(I could be off here so correct me if other sources are better to prioritize. My thought is to utilize the stats that will double dip with the Burn.

Defensive Scaling:

The mana scaling and free ES on our ascendancy after Uber allows us to have a High effective Health Pool. Right now in cheap gear I have 3.5k Health 3.5 ES and 2k Mana. 40% Damage Taken from mana through MoM and our ascendancy Gives us about 9k EH in budget Gear.

Merciless Izaro wasn't challenging and Imaging the points from Uber will increase our effective health even further. What I don't know yet is if the Additional ES from the Ascendency Scales with +ES% on the tree. If that's the case then that 500 ES would scale Amazingly!

The main issue I see is that we're relying on ES regen and positioning. With no Leech, we have to Kite. With 4 totems and use of a Decoy + Vaal Disc I think this is probably Doable for Uber level bosses, but I haven't tested it yet personally.

Pure ES variation with A self cast spell for Leech With Vaal pact and Ghost Reaver Might be the way to Go here for the Hardest of Content. We'll see.

Shit It's way late...

TLDR.

Hierophant and Ancestral Bond.

Scale fire damage.

Useful Uniques! None Required!

Dual Apep's Rage. 2-3c Very Cheap. Amazing Cast speed. Perfect. Also give us Chaos Rez for Hybrid and some scaling Chaos damage to spells. We don't give a shit about the extra cost cause our mana pool is HUGE!

Essence Worm: $$$ Pricey but very gettable. Ideally We don't want to reserve any mana so we can maximize our EHP. disc 35% hurts so this is i think BIS.

Infernal Mantle! 1c Super Cheap. +1 to gems. Fire damage. Great ES. A little chaos conversion for good measure!. But what about that wasted crit?! That shit aint wasted. We love it so we can proc EO with Orb of storms. It saves us 3 points or a gem slot.

Winter's Heart Amulet: Trying this out. Seems good for the build. Will update. It was 1c.

Fill out slots with rares. Resists. Life. ES. Mana are all great stats. It seems like a lot, but Many people view mana or life+ ES as dead stats. Pick that 'ish up for free.

See my Profile. I'll check back tomorrow and fix this craapy guide if there is any interest.

"THIS WAS A REALLY BAD TLDR:

-Redshirt

Last edited by Redshirtt on Sep 12, 2016, 1:15:23 AM
Last bumped on Sep 15, 2016, 1:57:07 PM
I'm truly interested in trying this build but your profile is set to private so I cannot check your characters.
Try now?
"
Redshirtt wrote:
Try now?

It's working now thanks! I'm rolling a character for it now.
Hi there I've also gone hierophant non crit flameblast. I am currently lvl 74, and have downed merc izaro with no issues. We have the same idea for this build however I did not take ancestral bond and instead am use 3 totems plus firestorm for more single target, I'm using this helmet with the essence of horror enchant for firestorm single target dps (pseudo 5L)

I've also thought about taking the Illuminated Devotion ascendency to make the fire storm a pseudo 6L however I think ES is more important especially as a CI character.

I'm CI, and so far its been fine, you recommended essence worm which I chose
instead for CI.

Apeps rage is going to be probably my two main weapons once I get the 4th ascendency Sanctuary of thought. I am also using orb of storms - curse on hit - PCoC - flammability for single target. At level 74 I've done tier 4 maps which none have been a problem. I really not sure how this build will be vs stronger end game bosses but so far its looking very promising.

here's my skill tree this far

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAFvBAcEUQj0CaoLYQ18EFgQzBEtEVAV1xhdGyUdTx8CIvQpTyycLKYsvzI0MtE0CjW5NsU3ZjeDOhY8BTwtPO89X0VHS65Ms1JTVmNXlFxrXl1oWmjyakNsC20ZeyB8g3_GgpuDX4PMhEiGgoauh2WLeouMjHaTJ5eVl_SaO548n9-m66cIpyunlK3xr2yvt7QMvorAVMBmwJrBxcNtxq7K09H91abZW9n82t3hc-L36rrr7uwY7TzvfPiT-d3-hw==?accountName=BwenR&characterName=Bwen_ZA_STICKS
Hi there I've also gone hierophant non crit flameblast. I am currently lvl 74, and have downed merc izaro with no issues. We have the same idea for this build however I did not take ancestral bond and instead am use 3 totems plus firestorm for more single target, I'm using this helmet with the essence of horror enchant for firestorm single target dps (pseudo 5L)

I've also thought about taking the Illuminated Devotion ascendency to make the fire storm a pseudo 6L however I think ES is more important especially as a CI character.

instead for CI.

Apeps rage is going to be probably my two main weapons once I get the 4th ascendency Sanctuary of thought. I am also using orb of storms - curse on hit - PCoC - flammability for single target. At level 74 I've done tier 4 maps which none have been a problem. I really not sure how this build will be vs stronger end game bosses but so far its looking very promising.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAFvBAcEUQj0CaoLYQ18EFgQzBEtEVAV1xhdGyUdTx8CIvQpTyycLKYsvzI0MtE0CjW5NsU3ZjeDOhY8BTwtPO89X0VHS65Ms1JTVmNXlFxrXl1oWmjyakNsC20ZeyB8g3_GgpuDX4PMhEiGgoauh2WLeouMjHaTJ5eVl_SaO548n9-m66cIpyunlK3xr2yvt7QMvorAVMBmwJrBxcNtxq7K09H91abZW9n82t3hc-L36rrr7uwY7TzvfPiT-d3-hw==?accountName=BwenR&characterName=Bwen_ZA_STICKS

instead for CI.

I am wanting to build a FB Totem also. I came across this build somewhere during some my searching. Any thoughts on this build http://gifyu.com/images/Flameblasttotemtemplarbywulala1010.png
Last edited by Memnokkh on Sep 12, 2016, 8:24:38 PM
I'm following this guide for my cheap softcore league starter. Thanks for the guide so far!
Duplicate
Last edited by ForReverendGreen on Sep 13, 2016, 2:12:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info