[3.6] The Starlord | Ancestral Warchief + Starforge | All Maps & All Bosses

would it be possible for you to post a leveling tree, and also is this build better then https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1694250, or is it just preference.
Last edited by gm08872 on Oct 1, 2016, 8:00:25 PM
"
gm08872 wrote:
would it be possible for you to post a leveling tree, and also is this build better then https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1694250, or is it just preference.

For leveling use a tabula rasa for early 6-link, beeline Ancestral Bond for 2 totems and then use flame totem plus appropriate supports until Ancestral Warchief is available.

Use facebreaker and some physical damage gear (rustic sash/meginord's, iron rings), run hatred and a low-level clarity; maybe some Elreon jewelry if mana is still an issue. Temporarily equip a Martial Atristry jewel for better AOE. Use a Skirmish to enable 3 totem casting.

The above will take you up to 67ish or so at which point you can switch to Starforge plus whatever high-end helm/boots/chest you want.

While leveling with facebreaker take any node on the tree you want but skip all the 2-handed melee damage nodes as they won't do any good for your facebreakers.

Leveling this way was extremely fast.

Some gear I used for leveling:

When I hit level 42 I bought some Seven-League Step boots since movement speed was the only thing slowing my leveling progress. I'm still wearing these since high movement speed is such a great leveling/defensive ability.

=========
As far as this build versus Guggelhupf's other build I can't offer a comparison as I haven't played his other build. But as far as this build versus triple-totem facebreaker, I like this build better for the much higher movement speed and the fact that it doesn't use Abyssus and so doesn't take nearly as much physical damage. Triple-totem facebreaker though has higher DPS.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Oct 1, 2016, 10:16:05 PM
"
hiu, i would try a voidheart in your setup, the poison stacking is realy high with the fast attack speed ;)

I will try to voidheart, but i need my res. I absolutely can do everything with this build, the same as with my previous Facebreaker ,i want something really different with 20+ex

"
hankinsohl wrote:
>> 3. I think you missed out that I am using a warcry. You can find my enduring cry on my gloves.
Ah, I missed that.

RE Shock:
Yeah, the sword of course has zero intrinsic chance to shock so you need to augment that (the sword bonus is that the physical damage it does counts towards shock but you need shock chance in the first place - either crit (not applicable to us due to resolute technique), or straight shock chance from gems (Innervate), jewels or enchants or shock nodes on the tree (looks to far away to use).

Originally I was going triple curse using Conductivity - but it turns out that Conductivity's shock chance only applies to lightning-based damage; we're shocking with physical damage so no shock chance benefit there.

But even with only 15% shock chance from 5 jewels, I notice that quite a few mobs are shocked.

>> 4. I'm not that familiar with bleeding. But as you mentioned I have no idea how good it is in this build if it doesn't stack.
I think that Ming's Heart will work out better even for moving mobs.

Hopefully I'll hit 90 tomorrow at which point I try this build out against the Guardians/Shaper.

Hey, I updated my gear with some new stuff (+shock). And it works alot better, faster map clearing and alot more one shots.
Last edited by ppsly on Oct 3, 2016, 10:57:23 AM
Love this build. Started Essence league with guggelhupf's Facebreaker build, then after picking up a Starforge during a VERY lucky first run in Shaper (with help, not solo), decided to attempt this build to boost defense. A few things I've noticed between the two builds. (Remember I'm in Essence right now, so access to perfect jewels and amulets is scarce.)

stats

life: 5,5k (up from 4,5k)
armour: 8,6k (about same)
dmg all in: c.263k (down from 430k)

1. Starforge build has less dmg for sure, but even with a nerfed Voidheart, less than perfect amulet, average gloves and belt, and non-maxed gems, I'm still recking T15 maps / Atziri / UBER lab. I'm yet to try UBER Atziri or the guardians again but should get around to it over the next day or two. Currently, T16 maps just make me too much money to run myself :)

2. Def and life have improved, but not by a tonne. I went for the best 5 jewels I could find in this league, but ended up with more dmg than life due to jewel availability. In standard I'll replace with life.

2. Movement speed is incredible compared to FB build.

3. Cost about 3 exa to make the changes between the builds. Could have been maybe 1 exa cheaper but I was being a bit impatient.

4. Defo has more potential for improvement over the FB build. My FB build had maxed gear, or close to it, yet whilst the dmg was immense, and it was fun to play, the poor movement speed and lack of def kept me behind in high tier rota map runs. This build doesn't have those issues.

5. Yes the dmg is less, but in the grand scheme of things it's much more balanced and I certainly feel safer when approaching high tier mobs / bosses.

6. I still run aoe gem in Starforge for clearing up to T15 maps until I reach the boss. The radius is huge and even with 120k dmg (c.70k unbuffed) it actually clears faster than the OP FB build because I now move at light speed :)

Great build, look forward to the next one!

ps. should you make the move from FB to SF? Honestly, not unless you have a bunch of exalts and a desire to use this sword. The FB build is still one of the highest dps out there.

Spoiler
Last edited by IndieTheDog on Oct 4, 2016, 8:41:50 AM
Just bought my starforge and 6L'd it somehow in like 30 fuse (2nd ever self 6L in my poe career lol). I thought I'd try this build but I'm missing currency to buy a legacy voidheart, kaoms, and etc. I wanted to reuse some of my old stuff from my ci days. Anyone tried a CI or LL variant or have thoughts on whether that would even work?
IGN: Azuredrag, SpliTime

Fastest way to get a hold of me is in-game. Second fastest is through PM. I don't check on threads all that often since I prefer to play :)
Hello OP, I made this account just to thank you for doing these amazing builds, in fact, your ancestral warchief facebreaker build was the first build that helped me get a lot of currency on a solid base, you've helped me farm without worries, so thanks!
I'm getting one starforge this week and I'll surely try this new build of yours, it looks really fun to play :)
And the best thing is that I'll just have to respec my current char. Cheers, keep up the good work!
"
Sabbaticalia wrote:
Hello OP, I made this account just to thank you for doing these amazing builds, in fact, your ancestral warchief facebreaker build was the first build that helped me get a lot of currency on a solid base, you've helped me farm without worries, so thanks!
I'm getting one starforge this week and I'll surely try this new build of yours, it looks really fun to play :)
And the best thing is that I'll just have to respec my current char. Cheers, keep up the good work!

thank You for your feedback ;)
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
thx u good build !!

Do not use the golem? It is very curious part for me..!

Do not absolutely sure?
tried the cospri build verson of this posted before its interesting but have to stack so much dex on gloves and boots that its evasion bases so its been hard rolling the red off colors on them. I basically have like 6 gem slots that are empty lol

Ive only tried t11s with it but will see how it holds up in t15 if it sucks ill move over to your OG build

MY only concern was being on essence league not having legacy void heart would suck idk what do you think?

Although with getting rare gloves/boots im able to not waste points picking up res on my passive tree which has been nice
Last edited by Vexorr on Oct 13, 2016, 1:24:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info