[2.4] Oro's Sacrifice Ancestral Chieftain

Hello. It's first time to post here. I'm gonna introduce ancestral chieftain with oro's sacrifice build. Someone might already tried similar builds but I can't find any posts really so introduce this.

I'm not well experienced player and just returned to game after long break. I wanted to test my warchief build in standard league before starting essence league. If you are interested, read this post and please feedback me because feel like I missed many things and this build could be improved a lot.

Build summary
Spoiler

Pros
* Build concept fits really well with Chieftain Ascendary.
Chance to ignite, Increased dmg against burning enemy, Fire pennantraion, Fire damage leeched as life, Immune to fire damage so no worry for reflects, Scaling well with Ascendary fire damage nodes
* High ignite chance and double dip burning damage (area damage, fire damage, totem damage)
* Tanky considering 2h (Survivability with 6 endurance charge / determination/ arctic armour / 6k health / high life regen)
* Most importantly very cheap gears.

Cons
* Damage is lower compared to physical damage based totem builds.
I got 28k dmg for each totem. but I believe that ignite related double-dip things could compensate this.
Consider I used very cheap pieces of gears and trash jewels. May Improve dmg a lot.
* No 3 warchief. (But I feel 2 totem at the same time are enough to clear maps)

Key Gears
Spoiler

Other Gears to be considered
Spoiler

Bit of nice damage boost and ignite chance. But I am reluctant to use that due to it's lack of health stat.

Skill trees (Level 84)

Ancestral Warchief Links
Spoiler

* 5L
Ancestral Warchief
Weapon element damage
Fire penetration
Faster attack
Concentration Effect / Increased AOE
* 6L
I use both Concentration Effect / Increased AOE
Increased burning damage viable. (because it's single-dip, i don't prefer)

Auras and other setups
Spoiler

Auras
* I use Determination + Arctic Armour.
* Anger just add flat fire damage and this build doesn't count on high attack speed so I don't use.
* Could use Determination + Grace with enlighten.
* Blasphemy + Flammability viable but I manually use curse.

Utils
* Vaal lightning trap
* level 15~18 CWDT + Immortal Call + Increased duration for prevention one shot death.
* level 1 CWDT + arctic breath for chilled ground. Synergised well with arctic armour.
* Flammability + Increased aoe
* Enduring cry
* Flame golem for damage boost
* Phase run + Faster Casting + Increase duration (personal preference)
* I setup all util skills alone with Blood magic gem.
* Leap slam + fortify + faster attack is OK but because of lack of attack speed, I don't really like it. And for fortify effect I should jump on to monsters and it makes me feel non-sense because after setting up totem it's better to run around to dodge attacks.
* Vaal Haste may be useful defensively if used instead of Vaal lightening trap.

My Gears
Spoiler

Stats
Spoiler

28K each totem DPS.
62% ignite chance + 14% curse
56% fire penetration + 44% curse (80% fire resistance map mode viable)
note: ignite doesn't stack and this build is based on low attack speed. I feel this build mechanic is OK.

6k health pool
10k armour with determination -> 51% reduction
+ basalt flask -> 71% reduction
+ 6 enduring cry -> 90% reduction

Gameplay
Spoiler

1. Setup 2 totems.
2. Curse enemy + setup vaal lightning trap if needed
3. Enduring cry
4. Dodging around on chilled ground.

Video
Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAOajqXwESo

T15 Colosseum Map twin boss. First time to do this map so was bit nervous.

Thanks. Looking for some advice!

Last edited by kobvsky on Sep 8, 2016, 8:46:27 AM
Last bumped on Dec 10, 2016, 9:28:03 AM
Great Guide!

But why don't you use elemental Focus linked to your Totem for more ele dmg?
Nice writeup! I had the same idea this league and it goes very well so far! Playing on EHC, level 82 now.

What I do different:
-Blood Magic Keystone: nice utility (+ life nodes behind) - running no auras.
-Planning on going Elemental Overload next = 40% more dmg. (proccing with Ice Spear+GMP, and refunding Resolute Technique point then)

Gearwise: Kaom's Heart, and no Mokou's Embrace, I think good rare rings like mine are better?
Enchant on boots: Adds xxx Elemntal dmg if you HAVEN'T killed recently - is a significant dmg boost (as we never kill, 100% extra dmg)

Now I only need a 6link to fit in Controlled Destruction permanently.

Gear and Tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Tannhauser1/characters
Character: TuskTotemicMight

and:
"
hitreza wrote:
Great Guide!

But why don't you use elemental Focus linked to your Totem for more ele dmg?

Because with this gem you can't ignite enemies anymore.

Tried the build the last league. I had very shitty gear, low damage and problems with survavabillity, Uber Izaro was hard to kill, but the build has potential. I've planned a build a bit different:
Moved to the Duelist area to get life, armor and to use this jewel and get attack speed and damage mods:
Spoiler

Took a fire wheel near Zealot's Oath: contains 55% increased Fire Damage and 5% increased AoE.

And some thoughts about the build:
Since two handed weapon is being used and it can has 6 sockets, the Kaom's Heart chest would be good - has many flat life and fire damage mod.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dyadian_Dawn very cheap belt with 80-100 flat life and 40-80 resistances.
Also I had a thought to refuse from using Resolute and take Elemental Overload - 40% damage multiplier and good 30 strength node on the way. Use Orb of Storms + Crit Chance gem to proc the keystone.
Last edited by YobaYoba on Sep 12, 2016, 6:15:34 AM
Last edited by Calexisana on Sep 18, 2016, 10:58:02 PM
Where does this 62% chance to Ignite come from?

Also, 67% fire penetration Calexisana? L20 FirePen is 37%, tree is 10% (8% + 2%), Hinekora is another 10%, what am I missing?
"
Sitnave wrote:
Where does this 62% chance to Ignite come from?

Also, 67% fire penetration Calexisana? L20 FirePen is 37%, tree is 10% (8% + 2%), Hinekora is another 10%, what am I missing?

Miscalc - 57!
I had a similar idea but came up with a tree for Berserker...
Since my build would have Ancestral Bond your totems get a permanent 25% increased attack speed from Rite of Ruin.

www.poeurl.com/MA6
Fresh builds all day.
Last edited by DarthPwn on Sep 19, 2016, 6:17:56 PM
i always liked oro's but i never went around to build a character with it for how clunky is to make a skill tree around it.

ok, it's a ~750 dps weapon you can get for a few chaos but using it on a WC totem build you lose one of the best features (frenzy charge generation) while keeping the drawbacks (increased phys and fire damage taken).
strenght gives us nothing other than life, most good/efficient melee nodes are phys only and not in the range of a fireborn jewel, 20% phys as extra fire from hinekora is useless to us, no %phys as extra elemental scaling like hatred, HoA, added fire...

if i wanted to go full fire damage and still stay on the cheap side for the weapon i would much rather use a doomsower instead oro's for this build: 450-460 pdps (with 15% aoe and 10% phys as extra fire if you socket stuff there) that can be fully converted into fire with AoF + call of the brotherhood + phys to lightning + pyre (or cold to fire).
regarding item trades: i don't check the forum often so don't send me PMs about the items i have for sale, just add me ingame and contact me when i'm online.

i'm usually online for a few hours after 20.00 UTC and a lot more during weekends.
Just found this topic and the strange thing is that I'm playing a build really similar to this one. :)

My character is lvl77 atm on Breach with really shitty gear and still on a 4L, hahah. My tree is almost the same as yours. I still have dex problems so I had to pick up those dex nodes.

On the Standard league, I've respec'd a Duelist (Champion) for fire damage. It uses Lacerate and the frenzy charges are stacked almost inmediately. It also deals decent damage without the totem playstyle.

I like the Oro sword, it's cheap, high DPS and can carry you for a long time. However the new axe Ngamahu's Flame looks pretty solid. With Avatar of Fire (from tree or from the new amulet) it's 100% fire damage with an implicit 20% fire pen.

With this axe the 6L would be: Totem + WED + Melee Phys + Added Fire + FA + Inc AoE/Conc. Also we could allocate phys/2H/axe nodes from the tree. The overall DPS would be probably better. I'll give it a try. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info