[2.4 ESC] Belton's Trickster Life Based Mjolner Arc/Discharge

Unfortunately missed the first two days of the league, so am a bit behind on gearing/levels. Accordingly this is a WIP and will be updated as gear/levels/jewels allow. The purpose for creating the thread with the build in this state is to provide rough materials to follow along with as the build progresses.

Gear:

Optional: Devoto's, Voidbringer, Death's Door

4L -> Shield Charge-Fortify-Faster Attacks- Increased AoE
Helm-> Grace, Purity of Lightning and Fire, Enlighten.
Weapon-> Arc, Discharge, Controlled Destruction
Chest-> Molten Strike, GMP, Multistrike, Faster Attacks, Fortify, Blood Magic
Fit in somewhere: Blas+Ele weakness (Or attempt to corrupt ele weakness on hit onto gloves). CWDT-> Immortal Call

Optional: Blood rage, Vaal haste, Reckoning, Vengeance, Riposte, Tempest Shield, Golem (lightning or chaos)

Tree/Ascendancy

Bandits: Oak, Point or 8% IAS, Power charge

Features: 5/5 PC/EC, +8 max res auras, 7-9 Jewels, No cost Shield Charge, Ability to go MoM/EB, 3 Auras + Ele Weakness on Blasphemy, Very high armor thru Iron Reflexes, tons of healing thru Kingsguard.

Very high attack speed granted from Trickster and addition of ICD on Mjolner Spell Procs makes attack speed stacking on tree/jewels unnecessary. (Although it will improve clear speed/mobility with shield charge, so don't neglect it). Use jewels to fill in stat requirement gaps. After that, prioritize Life-> DMG mods (spell, area, dmg etc.), Attack Speed mods-> ES on hit (if you're MoM/EB)

I chose to go Resolute Technique for the time being, as my natural accuracy is very low and due to it being very early in the league, I haven't the levels or money to invest into worthwhile amounts. This makes for a smooth mapping experience, however is inferior to non-RT with Elemental overload and the use of surgeons flasks, once that level of gear/levels becomes available. This set up would require a different tree. Ask if you'd like a draft.

This build can also be played as Juggernaut, and it is almost certainly the superior choice. However, I rolled Trickster off the bat and did not feel like releveling, moreover, there is a higher likelihood of me rolling a different shadow build than there is a different Marauder build. If you would like a marauder tree, drop a line in comments and I will link one.

Rough Outline of Juggernaut Tree

More ideal gear I have lying around on standard:

Last edited by Belton on Sep 7, 2016, 10:01:53 AM
Last bumped on Sep 26, 2016, 7:08:25 PM
How the hell did you get a Voll's already?
"
Rich85 wrote:
How the hell did you get a Voll's already?

Voll's are only 3.5-4ex this league.
IGN: Emfx
Gear updates and minor tree changes.

Check profile-> characters for current in use tree.

Added a marauder tree.
"
Belton wrote:
Gear updates and minor tree changes.

Check profile-> characters for current in use tree.

Added a marauder tree.

Your profile is a mess.

There's a lot of shadows over there, most of them C.I or low life.

This build is using armor, so I think that there's something wrong, plus the fact that they are all naked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info