[2.4] Fireophant (Crit Fireball Hierophant)

Hey guys,

I really want to play Fireball this league and came up with this build. Do you think it would work?

Lv 84 Tree: Link

The Socket will be filled with rolling flames jewel.

This build should be tanky with an ok life pool and a lot of ES (95% from the passives and with a lot of int and 25% of mana as extra ES). We will also get endurance charges from the Assendancy and can use immortal call. We can also add a defensive curse like enfeeble or warlords mark. And we can use Ghost Reaver with Warlords Mark.

Gems setup would be like this:

6L (AoE): Fireball - Spell Echo - GMP - Fire Penetration - Conc Effect - (Cont. Dest / Faster Casting / Empower / ...)
4L Gloves (20% increased area from ascendancy): Blasphemy - Curse 1 - Curse 2 - Golem
4L Helm for 20% Pen or Boots for 2% leech (single target): Flame surge - Spell Echo - Fire Penetration - Elemental Focus
4L: CWDT - Immortal Call - Frost Wall - Increased Duration
3L: Movement depending on your weapon.

If you use a Staff with +2/3 to fire gems or a pledge of hands (very nice item for this build), you can use your armour for the single target skill and squeeze your movement skill in one of the 4L

Did I miss anything? do you think this would work? thx a lot :)
Last edited by raggapaul on Sep 6, 2016, 6:59:51 AM
Last bumped on Sep 8, 2016, 3:20:09 AM
Added a new tree with some tweaks. No Feedback ? :(
I've actually been planning on trying this build for a bit, you actually just gave me an excuse to put a tree together haha.

Why a hierophant over an inquisitor? Also it looks like your tree only has room for 1 rolling flames. If you're worried about mana regen, you should be fine if you're willing to use a mana pot. Hiero just seems like a wasted ascendancy in this case.

You should also be concerned with reflect. Going inquisitor will let you get a little less damage since you bypass resis so you don't murder yourself. Also, if you want to do a build like this you kind of need vaal pact for leech. If you're okay with going CI you could try something like this. It's a high level tree, unfortunately. So I'd suggest grabbing annihilation last and the flask/mana nodes only as you need them. I don't grab the AoE nodes near witch because rolling flames gives us an order of magnitude more AoE and the points are better spent elsewhere.

Links are probably going to be fireball->gmp->echo->leech->conc->slower proj
In any other build you'd probably take fire pen, but that isn't needed here because of inevitable judgement. So we take a leech gem instead since this build can't leech otherwise (not including a doryani's).

This build could also switch to a LL dual curse setup once you get a shavs. You'd just unspec CI, take the dual curse node, then (depending on your crit from gear) drop some crit nodes for aura since the tree is basically right on top of them.

This build would also have room to expand into dual void battery with skyforth and shavs, but that's a ways off. I'd suggest a dagger and a shield if you're in HC or dual daggers if you just want damage. Some people might suggest pledge, but the cast speed and crit chance you're missing out on isn't worth the free spell echo imo. Besides, you should have enough mana to maintain the cost of fireball with the mana regen you get from the tree + clarity. Probably looking at discipline, HoI, and clarity for your auras.

The first t1 unique you should probably look into getting for this would be skyforth since it'll let you drop assassin's for warlord's and get a damage gem. Or go dual curse with the ring for assassin+warlords if you're okay with losing a ring. But you do need a way to generate power charges since you need to crit with this.
Thank you very much for the reply! I doubt Ill ever be able to buy Skyforth or Shavs, but you got some points there.

Btw. what do you think about Elemental Proliferation?
You could do a prolif build if you wanted to, I'd go Witch instead of Templar for that since you get free prolif. I don't think you could reliably go crit/prolif on fireball anyway. Your gems and points are already spread super thin and fireball has such a high chance to ignite by itself it doesnt need to crit for a prolif build.

A fireball prolif build would basically just be a flameblast prolif tree with the rolling flames nodes. You'd probably drop GMP and just let your burning kill things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info