[2.4] Elementalist Wander help - Ele Hit vs CoC or both?

Mjallo!

To start this off I will attempt to shortly explain my thought process behind this madness:

As CoC has been changed to have 100% chance to trigger casts when you crit, I started to wonder if Kinetic Blast would be needed as the trigger attack anymore.

Also the spells that are triggered by CoC have their own internal 500ms cd and the said spells cycle around in revolver-like fashion in order of the placed sockets.

Instead of Kinetic Blast I started to ponder about the viability of Power Siphon - CoC - GMP - Magma Orb(/Fireball) - Arctic Breath(/Freezing Pulse/Glacial Cascade) - Ball of Lightning(/Arc) combo.

Idea would be to take Paragon of Calamity from Elemental ascendancy to survive the reflect together with Vaal Pact and some amount of leech.

As the spells cycle through in set order one by one with all 3 elements being present, Elemental Equilibrium could be used to lower the resistances of the enemies with Power Siphon granting Culling Strike and Power Charges to further increase crit chance and spell + wand damage through Passive nodes.

I then realized if I were to use Mastermind of Discord ascendancy it wouldn't activate as it doesn't count in the spells triggered by CoC, as they are not self-cast.

I noticed that the Elemental Hit skill actually has all of the elements and while it does random which element it will use, it will still activate whole Mastermind of Discord on each hit, thus granting 25% penetration to all 3 elements. Meaning linking Elemental hit instead of the Power Siphon would give the spells triggered by CoC always 25% penetration.
Of course I should drop out the Elemental Equilibrium if I were to use Elemental Hit because of the random nature of elements chosen by said attack.

Problem is that the Elemental Hit is counted as Weapon Elemental Damage, and Elemental Damage would be the only common field with the Elemental Hit and spells triggered by CoC, latter being boosted also by Spell Damage.

Would it thus be too many wasted stats to go for both Elemental Hit and CoC compared to just purely building around Elemental Hit and taking Weapon Elemental Damage and Wand Damage nodes, thus going for something like Elemental Hit - GMP - Chain (if it works?) - Life Leech - Pierce - X and just forgetting about the spells altogether?

TL;DR Plz halp me stooped (Elemental Hit vs Kinetic Blast vs Power Siphon)
Last edited by VinkuJaKissa on Sep 4, 2016, 2:18:05 PM
Last bumped on Sep 4, 2016, 12:07:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info