Selffreeze juggernaut for 2.4 (Theorycraft)

EDIT:

It seems that Cold's bridle can't crit (even with additional % chance to receive a critical strike). Guess the dame goes for heartbound loop. Sigh.

Spoiler
So... my PC crashed midgame, corrupting my content file, forcing me to redownload it. Which is why I had the time for this:

The concept is simple, really... use juggernaut's unstoppable for the ability to act while frozen, then use then cold version of lightning coil that is now available to use in essence for converting physical damage taken to cold, pair this with % additional chance to take a critical strike from corrupted jewels/reckless defense and either scold's bridle or Heartbound loop... and use auxium on a lifebased build or reduced maximum life on a CI build (lowlife is not an option as "chaos damage does not bypass energy shield" is only available on unique chests so far).

% additional chace to receive a critical strike should work with heartbound loop/ scolds... after all, the items deal secondary physical damage, which is a damage type that can crit. They just have 0% base crit chance.

Possible ways to make use of this include:

Winterheart for 20% liferegen, to be used either purely for defence, RF, or CWDT (loop with heartbound)

Berek's pass for 5k armour per ring.

Izaro's dilemma for 100% increased physical damage per claw.

The risks of % additional chance to receive a critical strike is something worth taking IMO. I'm gonna roll a CWDT loop build.

On another note, this can (should be the case) also be achieved without the use of Essence-crafting by using a Leo belt (chance to gain flask charges on receiving a critical strike) and a (few) taste of haste. With this setup, even lowlife is possible in theory).
Last edited by EmperorIzaro on Sep 3, 2016, 2:38:29 PM
Last bumped on Sep 3, 2016, 1:11:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info