2.4.0 Hotfix 2 (Restartless)

how you hide new patch gb?

"
SirZeriath wrote:
"
JayFinch wrote:
There's another 39.7MB patch already which doesn't show on the forums yet.
With the GGPK file bloated to almost 12GB the patches now take over 10 minutes through Steam.

...........My GGPK file is still 8 GB ..........

You are right, it's 8 GB.

Mine was 12 GB because I was running and patching the game through Steam since forever.

Here's a little test I just did.

1) Verified integrity of game cache on steam for Path of Exile. Everything was OK.

2) Moved the GGPK to another directory

3) Started the standalone PathOfExile.exe which then downloaded the 8 133 876 747 B GGPK and the game worked fine with it.

4) Started PathOfExileSteam.exe and it worked with the file as well.

5) Verified integrity of game cache on steam for Path of Exile again and it deleted the GGPK and HashCache.dat and started downloading the GGPK from Steam. During downloading the file in Steam's downloading directory was slightly above 8 GB. After downloading it appeared as a 12 745 934 713 B big file in the Path of Exile directory.

TL;DR Standalone GGPK has 7,57 GB and Steam GGPK has 11,8 GB. Also if you use the standalone GGPK with steam, you're probably OK until next patch or cache verification.

GGG, is this accurate? And is it OK for the Steam version to be that much bigger?

PS: The latest fresh download from Steam has resulted in a GGPK file that begins with zeroes and the game won't start because "Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 0 Size: 0." So I'll be testing the standalone 8 GB GGPK with Steam now.
I guess it's either 1 or 48,000. Nothing in between, right?
Last edited by JayFinch on Sep 4, 2016, 4:44:38 AM
"
JayFinch wrote:
TL;DR Standalone GGPK has 7,57 GB and Steam GGPK has 11,8 GB. Also if you use the standalone GGPK with steam, you're probably OK until next patch or cache verification.
Standalone and Steam GGPK's aren't compatible with one another any more (they used to be up until 2.3.0!)

See BOLDED comment. For comparison, my standalone GGPK is just under 10 gigs (9.46GB (10,163,904,262 bytes, and I've been playing since 1.3-ish))
Nice one GGG! Thanks
D2 and almost starting D3 and yet cant even see login screen.....
Glad to see these fixes, much appreciated!
Dear GGG,

Since the initial release of the game I have not been able to open the client. I have tried restarting my computer multiple times, repatching, reinstalling the game, but the issue persists.

As soon as the client opens and gets to the screen where you log in, I can see my credentials but it crashes and states: Path of exile exe has stopped working.

This has never been an issue before Atlas, and I haven't spent a second on the game due to never being able to open it.

There are quite a few other people experiencing this issue: https://redd.it/50v555

Thanks in advance GGG, and I love the game.
"
Poolex wrote:
Dear GGG,

Since the initial release of the game I have not been able to open the client. I have tried restarting my computer multiple times, repatching, reinstalling the game, but the issue persists.

As soon as the client opens and gets to the screen where you log in, I can see my credentials but it crashes and states: Path of exile exe has stopped working.

This has never been an issue before Atlas, and I haven't spent a second on the game due to never being able to open it.

There are quite a few other people experiencing this issue: https://redd.it/50v555

Thanks in advance GGG, and I love the game.

Same issues ,cant even see login screen and game crashes....By the way welcome Day 3 ( for me and a lot others .... ) .
Please fix my big problem with no drop currency, thread - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1722879

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info