[2.4 Theory] Crit CI Cold to Fire Ice Spear Elementalist

Hey exiles,

With the recent balance changes to ice spear, i've decided to roll an elementalist for the new essence league with the following build. Let me know what you think, if there are any places for improvements i'd be happy to hear from you.

Tree

Gems
Spoiler

Ice Spear - Cold to Fire - Spell Echo or FC - LMP - Fire Penetration - Life Leech

Gear?
Spoiler

i know i will be using the two new unique rings Snakepit and Valyrium.
Spoiler

For the rest i think i'll just use high ES rares, crit wand and shield.
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Last edited by lDantonl on Sep 2, 2016, 12:55:15 PM
Last bumped on Jul 14, 2017, 12:47:35 PM
"
lDantonl wrote:
Hey exiles,

With the recent balance changes to ice spear, i've decided to roll an elementalist for the new essence league with the following build. Let me know what you think, if there are any places for improvements i'd be happy to hear from you.

Tree

Gems
Spoiler

Ice Spear - Cold to Fire - Spell Echo or FC - LMP - Fire Penetration - Life Leech

Gear?
Spoiler

Spoiler

I don't see the point in going cold to fire. You use the utility of ice spells which are to freeze enemies. Maybe with ignite, but still, you sacrifice a gem slot for that.

But anyway, i didn't know about Valryum ring ! You could do without I think by stacking stun recovery on flasks, but a good solution anywat.
"
bl00dbliz wrote:
"
lDantonl wrote:
Hey exiles,

Tree

Gems
Spoiler

Gear?
Spoiler

Spoiler

I don't see the point in going cold to fire. You use the utility of ice spells which are to freeze enemies. Maybe with ignite, but still, you sacrifice a gem slot for that.

But anyway, i didn't know about Valryum ring ! You could do without I think by stacking stun recovery on flasks, but a good solution anywat.

I guess you missed the avatar of fire, that convert 50% of all damage sources to fire and deal no none fire damage. so the other 50% cold damage are lost if he don't use cold to fire support (avatar of fire and cold to fire = 100% cold to fire conversion so 100% damage instead of just 50% of the main cold damage). And I'd say his idea here was to get crit's combined with burning effects and Ele Prolif. TO make Ice Spear more then 50% crit chance should be easier then any other spell and since the conversion of Ice to fire is the easiest, that'd make the most sense.

I am not sure if the actual initial Burning from a flameblast wouldn't be better, but you are mobile with ice spear while you are not with flameblast.

I wouldn't use valyrium anyway, cause the eye of chayula is just awesome, but for example if you have the possibility to exchange the eye of chayula for choir of the storm and have enough resistances you could use valyrium, but otherwhise it wouldn't be worth it and choir of the storm is just good if you are below 50% critical strike chance and you are able to reach 50% with it...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info