[2.4] Arc / Arctic Breath CoC (Duel Curse and Golem) Theorycraft

I thought the new CoC worked a little differently, so this doesn't make sense now.

Spoiler
Theorycraft on how to use the new CoC. Seems to work in theory, feel free to help me out.

Witch/Elementalist:
Shaper of Desolation -> Beacon of Ruin -> Liege of the Primordial -> Paragon of Calamity or Pendulum of Destruction

Noteable Passives: Elemental Overload, Elemental Equilibrium, Zealots Oath and Chaos Inoculation.

Skill Tree:

Method:

Arc with Power Charge on Crit, Faster Casting and Chain or Innervate.
Effect: Proc CoC, proliferate Shock, proc Elemental Overload, proc Elemental Equilibrium and Power Charge on Crit.

Arctic Breath with CoC, GMP, Conc Effect, Controlled Destruction, Spell Echo/Added Chaos Damage.
Effect: Wide Spread AoE Damage, chilled ground, -50% resists on enemy from Elemental Equilibrium.

Curses: Blasphemy with Temporal Chains and Enfeeble for defence and more time on shock and chilled ground.

Golems: Stone Golem for ES regen w/ Zealots Oath and Lightening/Cold Golem depending on if you want Cast Speed or more Critical Chance. Effects are increased by 100% with ascendancy.

TL;DR:
Arc proliferates Shock on all enemies and procs CoC and Equilibrium.
Arctic Breath on CoC to clear + chilled ground.
2 Golems - Stone for regen, Lightning for Cast Speed, Cold for Crit Chance. 100% inc effect.
2 Curses - Enfeeble and Temporal Chains.
CI.

Last edited by Shipman on Sep 1, 2016, 11:15:58 PM
Last bumped on Sep 4, 2016, 12:15:23 AM
I think you left before I had a chance to finish helping you on-stream with this build. As I mentioned, only attacks can proc spells for cast on crit. I've gone ahead and made you a CI CoC Elementalist Arctic Breath Barrage build:

www.poeurl.com/KK9

As you can see, I ditch arc entirely and use ball lightning for shock since imo it does a better job, plus since I had you take ghost reaver, I included a life leech gem in the ball lightning link setup. Should help with defenses some while you apply shock to enemies. I've also put your curse setup as a split arrow/curse on hit + temp chains + enfeeble to help eliminate the need to have mana reserved (plus blasphemies are kind of bad to use with ranged chars anyways)

Then to help you with your ele equilibrium I added herald of ash. Then of course enlighten and clarity to help reduce mana costs and increase mana regen.

Skill gem planner:
http://poecraft.com/gemplanner#v12.0U2f2B1c2d2V..=F0c2Q0W.=e2U201q2f0S.0K2N0e0M.1O=H0L=W.==.==.==

Hope this helps and sorry that I didn't have a chance to get to show you the finished version on stream. :)
uniq items? etc?
Hey there! So I tried out this build (it's not 100% finished on the Passive Tree, but that's not really the issue I'm having) -- I can't seem to get Arctic Breath to proc from the CoC?

I have the skill gems set up like they are in the following post:
http://poecraft.com/gemplanner#v12.0U2f2B1c2d2V..=F0c2Q0W.=e2U201q2f0S.0K2N0e0M.1O=H0L=W.==.==.==

However I don't think it's functioning as it should?
The gems are linked in the following pattern: (since there's no linkage display on that site)
o-o
..|
o-o
|
o-o
(ignore the periods - they had to be there for formatting apparently >_>)
Is that okay linkage? Or should they be linked all together? Is that even possible?

I'm using the Ball [Lightning-Spell_Echo-Slower_Projectiles] setup on a wand (working on getting the properly socketed bow)

I don't believe it's my Critical Hit Chance that's the problem? It's at 24.35% for Ball Lightning... Is that too low? I didn't think it would be.

EDIT - apparently the CoC will proc - silly oversight by myself - however is Barrage supposed to be shot out in waves?

My experience with this build is typically with "Spectral Weapon" being used to proc the CoC, and when I used that, it had a fan of projectiles - does this just not happen with Barrage, or am I doing something wrong?
Last edited by SimpleComplex778 on Sep 4, 2016, 10:55:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info