Give me feedback on my totem templar 2.4

Hi,

So for fun I wanted to try and make my own build for 2.4, the idea is using totems with the reacently buffed ice spear and mind over matter with divine guidence. Kinda want it to be an mf build.

To the point, I would really appriciate some constructive criticism on the build. Mainly
* are there any pathing mistakes?
* am I missing some important keynodes?
* will I have enough damage?
* Gear tips
* General tips

http://poeplanner.com/AAIAAURBQUlGQWdNQWRrOEVROGhib0tkVmZBNW84dkFmb2dBRXM4Qm00WE9hTzRLYjdEaHlEM0dGOHhHeFFqbUtNSmRHMTJhZVdPWERFMW9yb19MNjBoWnZKS28yNmVOcUdteWRycWNJMnQzWUpGWklOc1VmQWdRSDYtUmZLb1BiVmNZNldJUHpSS0d1RXV2dWZJT25sRjVkMGYyRk1wcmdSWjFUVXE5c0MySEdyc1QycjZjY3ppdFFEYzA2MkNjdmtGVWFPRHd0ZzEtRHpMYy1fZ3JZdlRXU19vOU40NlpYOGtVNjRZaGFYc0N1UG1lYjVGRlFSLThPRkNCZlA4RUVWYldlemFjd244c1F6UDZIZXlENGs0eEdLN2ExOG02cVpJUUdvUG05X2xTRmUyWlVsRzlvV2dSUk9oYUdnaXNtQTVwMUtuRmkACEFBQUFBUUFBAAA=
I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to eat carrots - Ron White
Last bumped on Sep 2, 2016, 2:35:11 PM
inquistor crit dual flame totem only, thats shitty choice as ascendancy
"
Adrszc wrote:

What..? I dont understand you.

Back to topic : I like the idea with icespear. Maybe it works even better with sire of shards ?
And I think u can skip unwavering stance in the tree. This is not a low life build, and totems are safe so u shouldnt be stunned all day.

Elemental Overload should proc alot without special gem setup with your icespear thats nice.

To push your build u could use:

- Soul Mantle for extra Totem + self flaggelation jewel (sick dmg boost)
- Sire of shards (oh yeah Ice spear nova)
- pyre ring to get dmg boost. ice spear deals now only fire dmg but u can skill the fire wheel
or snowforged (upper shadow zone in tree) for alot dmg

At the end u will deal enough dmg I think. U can go for more def in tree. Life regen is easy to get with your build or armour.
Last edited by DiamondSnake on Sep 1, 2016, 11:30:46 AM
"
DiamondSnake wrote:
"
Adrszc wrote:

What..? I dont understand you.

Back to topic : I like the idea with icespear. Maybe it works even better with sire of shards ?
And I think u can skip unwavering stance in the tree. This is not a low life build, and totems are safe so u shouldnt be stunned all day.

Elemental Overload should proc alot without special gem setup with your icespear thats nice.

To push your build u could use:

- Soul Mantle for extra Totem + self flaggelation jewel (sick dmg boost)
- Sire of shards (oh yeah Ice spear nova)
- pyre ring to get dmg boost. ice spear deals now only fire dmg but u can skill the fire wheel
or snowforged (upper shadow zone in tree) for alot dmg

At the end u will deal enough dmg I think. U can go for more def in tree. Life regen is easy to get with your build or armour.

Thank you some really nice ideas here :)

I was thinking about using taryn's staff but sire seems really fun too
Last edited by wiieshuu on Sep 1, 2016, 12:11:51 PM
Yeah I like where you are going with this. This is about the same path I'm gonna try. Just 2 points for me.

1. Sanctuary of Thought ascend seems very powerful for energy shield. I would further enhance this by dropping that whole line towards Unwavering stance and heading instead for that huge ES node above the Sion "foresight".

2. I'm thinking of trying for the 50% spell crit node by the witch, although I guess the 2nd form of spear is already like 600% so maybe not the best idea. Just seems like the more chances you have to freeze the safer you will be.
"
Deathcrickety wrote:
Yeah I like where you are going with this. This is about the same path I'm gonna try. Just 2 points for me.

1. Sanctuary of Thought ascend seems very powerful for energy shield. I would further enhance this by dropping that whole line towards Unwavering stance and heading instead for that huge ES node above the Sion "foresight".

2. I'm thinking of trying for the 50% spell crit node by the witch, although I guess the 2nd form of spear is already like 600% so maybe not the best idea. Just seems like the more chances you have to freeze the safer you will be.

Two great points, If i feel i don't crit enough I will deffinatly be going for your second suggestion, thank you! :)
I kinda feel like going for Blasphemy with dual curses something like this, any ideas?

http://poeplanner.com/AAMAAVRBQU1GQWdNQWUwOEVROGhib0tkVmZBNW84dkFmb2dBRXM4Qm00WE9hTzRLYjdEaHlEM0dGOHhHeFFqbUtNSmRHMTJhZVdPWERFMW9yb19MNjBoWnZKS28yNmVOcUdteWRycWNJMnQzWUpGWklOc1VmQWdRSDYtUmZLb1BiVmNZNldJUHpSS0d1RXV2dWZJT25sRjVkMGYyRk1wcmdSWjFUVXE5c0MySEdyc1QycjZjY3ppdFFEYzA2MkNjdmtGVWFPRHd0ZzEtRHpMYy1fZ3JZdlRXU19vOU40NlpYOGtVNjRZaGFYc0N1UG1lYjVGRlFSLThPRkNCZlB4RE1fb2Q3SVBpVGpFWXJ0clh5YnFwa2hBYWctYjMtVklWN1psU1ViMHl6cnJOQmx0RDFqMGFib1JocWVDOTg1VmdIYUZvRVVUb1dob0lySmdPYWRTcHhZZz09ABBBQUFDQUFmUUFRSDBBUUFBAAA=
Last edited by wiieshuu on Sep 2, 2016, 2:35:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info