About "new" immunity from AoW patch notes, question.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Immunity Improvements:
  • Immunity to debuffs has been reworked to be consistent. In all cases where a player gains immunity to a debuff, they now also have that debuff removed (as opposed to just not allowing further application).
  • "Cannot be" stats do not work as immunity. For example, Fairgraves Tricorne prevents you being shocked, but does not remove shock.
  • In most cases, this change will not change how existing game elements behave. However some game elements have been reworded to clarify how they work.

I think I get it, but I'd like to ask for clarifications based on some examples.

First thing that came to my mind was Shackles of the Wretched, which grants you cannot be ignited for 3 seconds after being ignited. This seems to be ok with what was stated: You get ignited, then cannot be ignited for 3 seconds, but the original ignite still stays on you. As far as I understand.

Similarly, The Goddess Unleashed gives you cannot be ignited after gaining Her Blessing, and if I understand it correctly, doesn't remove existing ignites on you, as it is clearly not ignite immunity. Same case with Rise of the Phoenix.

That's my interpretation, now the real question.

Let's say I have a "cannot be ignited", from the Chieftain's "Ramako, Sun's Light", or from whatever source. However, I want to be ignited, because I'm using a Mokou's Embrace.

Based on what was quoted, my permament "cannot be ignited" prevents me from being ignited, but does not remove ignite itself, implying that maybe I could get ignited for some reason.
I could only think of burning grounds, but that actually causes burning, not ignite.

So what could ignite me at that point, that's the main question for me. Or is there something hidden in the patch that we don't know about yet? Like boss mechanic, new unique, etc.

If this was already asked, sorry.
Last bumped on Aug 31, 2016, 11:03:59 AM
If you have a permanent Cannot be Ignited modifier, then there's no way to bypass that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info