Reave change question

Hey!

I use to play reave every season and will play reave next season again. I got a question concerning the changes of "area of effect".

So the 4th stage reave will still have the same area of effect. What about "increased area of effect", will it have a lower impact on the 4th stage because the 4th stage is nerfed by 40%? Or will it still be the same?

The same question goes for the 8stage reave.

I´m not good in math and the patch notes are not specific enough to answer my question because they do not involve how "increased area effect" will be took into consideration.

Hope u guys understand what I mean.

Thanks in advance!
Last bumped on Aug 31, 2016, 2:19:57 PM
They said 4th stage will end up with the same radius as before, which means increased AoE will give you the same bonus as before (or almost the same if some rounding issues come into play).

base * increase * stagemultiplier = 17 * x * 1,8
previously it was 14 * x * 2,2

However, on 8th stage the radius will be lower because you're gaining less base per stage.
now: 17 * x * 2,6
previously: 14 * x * 3.4
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 31, 2016, 10:24:25 AM
Thanks for the response.

What about the changes to vaal reave in the patch logs, they state that the same changes apply to vaal reave stages as well. Any chance they mean a buffed aoe for vaal reave with "to match changes to Reave"? Or do they may change it so the base aoe of reave is used to calculate the aoe increase?

I´m so frustrated right now, what a nerf...
It most likely means Vaal Reave also gets 17 units base and 20% more per stage, same as Reave.

At 8 stacks you will have 44 units base instead of 47, not much of a difference, really.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Wow thank you again! That´s what I meant with I´m bad with math.

You really saved my day here!
I read it as Reave having no changes at max Vaal Reave Stacks, and that only the beginning when you have no/low Stacks your base AoE isn't total shit..
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
This isn't 100% accurate, but it's a good visual representation of the changes:

Old
YOU.........).....).....).....)

New
YOU...............)...)...)...)

Also you do more damage.

Look, man. Video games are hard, okay?
anyone else think reave should need more than 4 stacks to hit its max aoe? I feel like you just instantly max stack when u get into merciless, doesnt feel like theres any windup to the windup, if that makes sense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info