TY for "no-fun-allowed" nerfs

Why you couldnt just buff weaker skills? Why you ruined the game foe hundreds of people?
Last bumped on Aug 31, 2016, 2:07:15 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
fun for me is making builds. nerfs get me out of my comfort zone. dont mind them like them cept for that stupid CoD nerf which was never OP in first place Cloak was always worse than alternatives like rares or lightning coil
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 31, 2016, 10:11:09 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
fun for me is making builds. nerfs get me out of my comfort zone. dont mind them

Typical hardcore player response.
Spoiler
héhé, poor's oil....

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
There will still be plenty of fun to be had in the game. If the only way you can have fun is to be immortal while doing 3 gazillion dps, go play modded Diablo 2 or Skyrim or any other of a number of games where you can god mode cheat yourself to your heart's content. Or you could sack up and roll something fun in the new league on Friday.
"
innervation wrote:
There will still be plenty of fun to be had in the game. If the only way you can have fun is to be immortal while doing 3 gazillion dps, go play modded Diablo 2 or Skyrim or any other of a number of games where you can god mode cheat yourself to your heart's content. Or you could sack up and roll something fun in the new league on Friday.

You're talking about coc discharge/mjolner like it's free and trivial to build. Most casual players will likely not complete the build in a temp league. It's not like people don't want to play the op fotm build only because it's not fun to them. It's also because they haven't got 30 ex to shell out in a temp league. I haven't got more than 10 ex in a temp league ever.

If a build is so expensive to build, why is it so bad to be powerful? If it's because everything else is bad, maybe buff everything else? And if like you say something else is fun already, why destroy another build? Because people are jelly and need everyone else to be bad with them?
"
Boem wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
fun for me is making builds. nerfs get me out of my comfort zone. dont mind them

Typical hardcore player response.

Peace,

-Boem-

truth has been spoken
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒃𝒖𝒇𝒇 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Why, if you want to balance one or 2 skills, would not not just lower them, instead of having to buff every other skill, then rebalance every monster's health/damage/defense to compensate for every skill, except the one getting changed, getting buffed?

Your doing a thousand times more work for the same effect.

Given that a game is much more fun when it offers you options and choices instead of having one easy path and a number of hard ones, nerfs to bring things in line is a very good thing for a game. I see nothing in the patch notes that are unjustified, and GGG applies a nice mixtures of nerfs to very powerful (too powerful) features, and buffs to too weak features.
"
Cyzax wrote:
Given that a game is much more fun when it offers you options and choices instead of having one easy path and a number of hard ones, nerfs to bring things in line is a very good thing for a game. I see nothing in the patch notes that are unjustified, and GGG applies a nice mixtures of nerfs to very powerful (too powerful) features, and buffs to too weak features.

Like what, the melee buffs are nelegible given they increased monster life of t4-t12 maps, no ranged abilities changed, a few of the traditional lmp\gmp skills buffed, but no new skills to even be like I wanna build around that.

I'm excited for the content and I wasnt even planning on playing EQ, but to see it changed after they basically said its "as good" or a bit worst then most spells, just is illogical, its the same thing they've done with FOTM melee skills in the past that are mostly irrelevant to this day. You can't nerf melee skills like you do ranged\spells they aren't as interchangeable.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info