Perandus coin scamming and a way to fix it

In Perandus there were various complaints about people partying up expecting to buy coins because they found a Cadiro, and they instead got their Cadiro over taken away from them. Since Cadiro is coming back through Zana, these issues will come back as well.

A simple solution to this issue would be to have a Trade-Only type of party, where party members cannot enter the PVM instances of other party members.

Until that happens (if it ever does) remember to be wary of anyone saying they'll sell you coins. You'll unfortunately have to babysit them to ensure they don't run off with your Cadiro if it's open, but until GGG implements better ways to handle who can enter your instances, that's what you'll have to do if you suddenly find yourself in need of coins because Cadiro has Headhunter up for grabs or something.
Last bumped on Aug 31, 2016, 4:57:08 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
it's not "scamming" since it was implemented in a competitional way.

if players can't trade in town and temporarily don't allow party members to access their hideouts it's their personal problem.

also, placing 3 bookshelves around your hideout's waypoint solve the problem. to open the waypoint just turn one shelf around...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
if you are smart you will not get scammed.

you do not make party with person u buy coins from. you add them as a friend and visit their ho that way to make the trade. As you are not in the party they can not enter your open map portals.

Once done you unfriend them, easy
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Just don't party with Silver coins sellers. Add them to Friendlist and do deals in their hideout or in yours. Also AFAIK friends can't enter Map Portals unless they are in Party with you.

There is so much things to improve in PoE and Trade-only parties are for sure not more important than others.
"
Miazga wrote:
if you are smart you will not get scammed.

you do not make party with person u buy coins from. you add them as a friend and visit their ho that way to make the trade. As you are not in the party they can not enter your open map portals.

Once done you unfriend them, easy

the best solution, thanks
The end of all that is - The winter has come - Hold the door - The North Remembers
I hope you have a good life on the other side of the wall
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” Gen. James Mad Dog Mattis
far as i've found, leap slam/lightning warp/flame dash all ignore simple obstacles when moving through someone's hideout. you can simply ignore those bookshelves.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info