Patch 2.4 discussion

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716228

PVP-meta related patch notes:

"
Frost Walls created by you or your allies are now no longer considered enemies for the purposes of projectile collision detection (your projectiles will not collide with your own Frost Wall). This intentionally fixes the exploit case where a player stacks many Frost Walls around a boss and uses a skill like Piercing Lightning Arrow to trigger an excessive amount of hits.

Cast on Critical Strike now has a 500ms cooldown, and will now only trigger one spell per frame when you critically strike. It now has 100% chance to trigger casts when you critically strike. It now has 20% more spell damage at level 1, tapered up to 39% at level 20 (1% per level). Note that the changes described above in "Triggered Skill Improvements" affect Cast on Critical Strike - spells are chosen in the order of their sockets.

Earthquake's aftershock damage has been reduced from 60% more (at level 1, tapered upwards) to 50% more at all Levels. Its mana cost has been increased from 6 to 10. Its aftershock area of effect has been reduced by 12%. With the wide-ranging melee buffs and adjustment to Earthquake, we expect to see a much more balanced use of melee skills.

Blade Vortex now has a stack limit of 20 (down from 50). It now deals 63% more damage at level 20. The number of hits per second causes substantial performance problems. The skill was also deemed too strong against bosses.

PvP T-values have been set for Contagion, Essence Drain and Vortex.

The trap/mine behaviour of Bladefall has been made more consistent with other traps/mines. The blades fall from the mine itself, not targeting the location where the monster is. (They will fall in the direction of the monster though).

Discharge now deals 35% less damage when triggered.

[The following changes do not affect existing versions of these items, unless you use a Divine Orb to reroll them.] Voidheart: Its Chance on Melee Hit to Bleed has been lowered from 100% to (30% to 50%). Its Chance to Poison on Melee Hit has been lowered from 100% to (20% to 40%). We feel that this ring provided too much of a damage bonus for one non-weapon item slot.

Unrelenting now has a 30% chance to gain maximum charges on generating an endurance charge (rather than 100%).While we do want the Juggernaut to be effective at generating endurance charges, this made it far too easy and low-effort. It's still very good.

The damage bonus of the Less Duration support gem has been reduced. At level 1, it has been reduced from 20% to 10%. At level 20, it has been reduced from 29% to 19%. Given the strong utility of this gem, it doesn't need a damage bonus that high.

Pierce's mana multiplier has been increased from 110% to 130%. Its damage at high levels only has been reduced. Its damage at level 20 has been reduced from +29% to +19%. Given the strong utility of this gem, it doesn't need a damage bonus that high.

Fixed a bug related to returning projectiles. They can now hit on the way out and on the way back but can't shotgun (where more than one hit the same target) in either direction.

RIP

- EA Frost Wall
- LA Frost Wall
- Ice Shot Frost Wall
- KB Frost Wall
- Earthquake
- Mjolner
- Discharge
- CoC Discharge
- Bladefall miners
- Bladefall trappers
- Blade vortex
- Vortex
- Essence Drain
- Juggernaut
- new Voidhearts

Sorry everyone's builds! Personally, I'm glad they solved frost wall, Discharge nerfs heavy. RIP Bladefall miners being able to hit from far away and RIP blade vortex stacking.

Discuss.

Spoiler
? SRS / FIREBALL META IS REAL ?

IGN SNEEDFINDER
Last edited by 0flip on Aug 31, 2016, 10:34:22 AM
Last bumped on Sep 5, 2016, 8:38:15 AM
La can still one shot builds under 9k life without the walls so it will not change much for most people.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Aug 31, 2016, 4:29:54 AM
"
5% more attack speed on lacerate

You don't need anything else, the new meta is decided, it's the age of the lacerate builds.
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017
EQ will be still good.

LA is only a long range area control skill now. LA players must invest on aoe from now on.

EA players cant rely on aoe radius helmets + tree as aoe source anymore, they cant swap aoe gem for ele focus.they need max aoe now. EA is strong as it used to be.

KB got totally outcasted from pvp scene.

coc can see play but coc discharge nerfed to the ground.

vortex nerf was expected and happened.

BV is stronger than before, thats the most broken skill in pvp now, maybe after EA. with no single damage investment you can one shot anyone in the game.

previous pierce and less duration was OP, im glad that they got nerfed.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Aug 31, 2016, 4:59:56 AM
BV is so stupid already if you don t have a block or ranged attack.
I tryed leap slam yesterday and no-way you can touch BV users with that, you die mid-air.

I am still pissed GGG decided to create a caster version of cyclone with more aoe, more move speed after they nerfed it for melee.

Cleave might be nice to try as melee however and frost blade will be even more op vs blockers.
Poe Pvp experience
Last edited by Head_Less on Aug 31, 2016, 4:59:33 AM
"
Head_Less wrote:
La can still one shot builds under 9k life without the walls so it will not change much for most people.

I didn't add it in this list but there's a body armour which prevents all extra damage from crit. The current way to play against crit is enfeeble ( permanent curse immune paths are not affected; can be removed with flasks ), blind ( hinekora's sight users are not affected ), and reduced extra crit damage taken item and tree ( for 50% total ). I think this new item will make it a lot easier for non-legacy kaom users to play against LA. Especially seeing how it makes instant potions much more effective. ( Plus it frees up my belt slot and 3 skill points )
IGN SNEEDFINDER
Last edited by 0flip on Aug 31, 2016, 5:02:09 AM
i think LA cant deal with EA anymore. there are other options which should be taken into consideration
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
0flip wrote:
"
Head_Less wrote:

I didn't add it in this list but there's a body armour which prevents all extra damage from crit. The current way to play against crit is enfeeble ( permanent curse immune paths are not affected; can be removed with flasks ), blind ( hinekora's sight users are not affected ), and reduced extra crit damage taken item and tree ( for 50% total ). I think this new item will make it a lot easier for non-legacy kaom users to play against LA. Especially seeing how it makes instant potions much more effective. ( Plus it frees up my belt slot and 3 skill points )

The blind/enfleebe combo I can t never agree with that.

With how they made the minimap in sarn, it is impossible to come close enough from ranged before they engage you. They just look at the map, fire in your direction.

You have no time to really use those curses or trigger them and anynway like you said with pathfinders curses are useless and every bow users are now pathfinders.

This armor is great but most melee users with average gear get like 4k-6k without kaom?
it wont 1 shot you but they will still get you 90% of life before you come to them thks to minimap.
Poe Pvp experience
Last edited by Head_Less on Aug 31, 2016, 5:10:42 AM
"
Head_Less wrote:
"
0flip wrote:
"
Head_Less wrote:

The blind/enfleebe combo I can t never agree with that.

With how they made the minimap in sarn, it is impossible to come close enough from ranged before they engage you. They just look at the map, fire in your direction.

You have no time to really use those curses or trigger them and anynway like you said with pathfinders curses are useless and every bow users are now pathfinders.

This armor is great but most melee users with average gear get like 4k-6k without kaom?
it wont 1 shot you but they will still get you 90% of life before you come to them thks to minimap.

come on, use rumis, conversion talismans and get high movespeed.

LA nerfed to the ground, what more do you want?
Last edited by Rupenus on Aug 31, 2016, 5:36:27 AM
"
Rupenus wrote:
"
Head_Less wrote:
"
0flip wrote:

come on, use rumis, conversion talismans and get high movespeed.

LA nerfed to the ground, what more do you want?

With 100% conversion talis happening through the new divination card I'm expecting to see a lot more inquisitor builds ( Inquisitor +1 Socketed Gems Corrupt Infernal Mantle EA when? ). Especially seeing as Inquisitor was not touched this patch.
IGN SNEEDFINDER
Last edited by 0flip on Aug 31, 2016, 6:41:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info