Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

Hmmm don't really like the new feature to craft items. Sure there are more mods included and that's great but the overall aesthetics, time spent etc isn't very good.

If you are going to keep it this way, then please allow for example a box to tick that shows only top tier mods so we don't have to go through a list of 5 of each mod to pick the highest one. Another thing I miss is the auto sorting of affixes and suffixes that felt very aesthetically pleasing before as well as the border on the item showcase that makes a clear difference what is suffixes and prefixes.

Really cool that you keep updating this gem though :D
Good job POB! A good program supports exile a lot!
But i think it can be better. Craft item system should not have to choose 6 times. just keep add mods like previous version and add search mods for fast (like poe.trade: you type "res" that help find mods for resistance). Other things are awesome !!!
This tool is just great. The tweaks I would add are so minor that I don´t even bother to name them. Good job! :D
Thanks for the fast implementation of the new Beta-Patch, Great work as always :)

Just noticed one small detail regarding Arcane Surge. DpS calc works fine if you self-cast, but if you use it in a totem build the dps doesn't change. Just tested it out in the beta, the arcane surge doesn't activate through the totem casting its skill but it activates when you place the totem and gives you the buff, whih in return increases dps of totem-skill ofc.
Could you add an option in the configuration "under affect of Arcane Surge" or something like that, so you can calculate dps in a totem build?

Last edited by Gambit79 on Jul 5, 2017, 1:59:48 PM
After the recent patch, PoB flips the hell out if you try and select the new Drillneck.
IGN: HowDoIShotBows
"
Milkyslice wrote:
Great work with Path of Building!

I´ve tested around with rf + MoM and noticed that Manaflasks arent calculated anywhere for the manaregen.

I activated the flask in the Item section and configuration, but cannot see any change in Calcs.
Strictly speaking, flasks don't actually grant regeneration, but rather recovery, so factoring them into the regen calculations is technically incorrect. A net recovery calculation might be useful; but that's not what the program calculates at the moment.

"
Kamelkungen wrote:
Hmmm don't really like the new feature to craft items. Sure there are more mods included and that's great but the overall aesthetics, time spent etc isn't very good.

If you are going to keep it this way, then please allow for example a box to tick that shows only top tier mods so we don't have to go through a list of 5 of each mod to pick the highest one. Another thing I miss is the auto sorting of affixes and suffixes that felt very aesthetically pleasing before as well as the border on the item showcase that makes a clear difference what is suffixes and prefixes.

Really cool that you keep updating this gem though :D
Honestly, the division of the item's stats into prefixes and suffixes was always a bit of a lie, as "prefix" or "suffix" is a property of a modifier (e.g Runic) but not of a stat (e.g 114% increased Spell Damage). It just happens that certain stats tend to be granted by prefixes, and others by suffixes, and exceptions (like the Accuracy granted by hybrid prefixes on weapons) were simply ignored by the old template system.

Anyway, I would much prefer to keep, and improve, the new system, as the old template style had some major flaws; aside from being a pain to maintain, the fact that they work with stats instead of modifiers is problematic:
1. Hybrid modifiers have to be broken into their individual stats; that wasn't a big problem before, but with the addition of so many hybrid modifiers in 3.0 it was going to become unmanageable
2. The resulting items end up looking very different from in-game items, as the stat ordering is wrong; while the prefix/suffix division does make some sense, as mentioned before it is technically incorrect, and rather deceptive
3. It just doesn't represent the way items actually work in the game

I do have some improvements in mind for this system; the idea that I'm favouring at the moment is to combine all the tiers of each modifier in some way, but this requires some extensive changes to support (contrary to common belief, modifiers don't actually have "tiers", so that's half the fun).

"
Good job POB! A good program supports exile a lot!
But i think it can be better. Craft item system should not have to choose 6 times. just keep add mods like previous version and add search mods for fast (like poe.trade: you type "res" that help find mods for resistance). Other things are awesome !!!
What exactly do you mean by "add mods"? The new templates have exactly the same modifiers pre-selected as the old ones did.

"
raggapaul wrote:
This tool is just great. The tweaks I would add are so minor that I don´t even bother to name them. Good job! :D
You should name them; I'm always looking for little tweaks to make.

"
Gambit79 wrote:
Just noticed one small detail regarding Arcane Surge. DpS calc works fine if you self-cast, but if you use it in a totem build the dps doesn't change. Just tested it out in the beta, the arcane surge doesn't activate through the totem casting its skill but it activates when you place the totem and gives you the buff, whih in return increases dps of totem-skill ofc.
Could you add an option in the configuration "under affect of Arcane Surge" or something like that, so you can calculate dps in a totem build?
An option won't help, as the buff stats depend on the level of the gem, so I've added an exception to the Arcane Surge buff to allow totems to apply it to the player.

"
After the recent patch, PoB flips the hell out if you try and select the new Drillneck.
That's fixed in the next update.
- Let us filter the mods (e.g. top 3 of every mod)
- visually divide the mods into groups to make navigation easier (e.g. added ele damage, melee phys, res)
- or maybe highlight the top tier mod for every type
- Add a hotkey to show similar nodes (e.g. when you want to do a bleed build only "physical damage" helps, but when you are searching for it, you also get "melee phys", "phys with axe", etc.)
"
raggapaul wrote:
- Let us filter the mods (e.g. top 3 of every mod)
- visually divide the mods into groups to make navigation easier (e.g. added ele damage, melee phys, res)
- or maybe highlight the top tier mod for every type
I'm already working on some major improvements to the item crafting system which should alleviate those concerns.
"
- Add a hotkey to show similar nodes (e.g. when you want to do a bleed build only "physical damage" helps, but when you are searching for it, you also get "melee phys", "phys with axe", etc.)
It is actually possible to perform more advanced searches of the passive tree, as the search field supports Lua patterns (a limited form of RegEx). In this case, searching for increased physical damage$ will only match generic Physical Damage increases (the '$' anchors the search to the end of the stat's description).
Thanks for making this Openarl.
Could you take a look at Mantra of Flames at some point? It doesn't seem to be working currently.
poison support grants 0-19% more damage with poison now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info