Confused on Taunt + Chieftain overpowered?

"
Taunt effects can't be overwritten by other taunt effects unless it's player's own taunt. Where multiple players are taunting, the first person to taunt gets the effect.

"...it's (the) player's own taunt."

Would this mean that the only way for a taunt coming from one of my totems to be overridden is for me, myself, to do something that would cause a taunt?

As to the second part of this thread, how would the Chieftain's "enemies near totems deal 8% less damage" and "skills used by your totems taunt enemies" less damage work? Is it combined (82% of normal damage) or are they multiplicative (82.8% of normal damage)?
Last bumped on Aug 29, 2016, 5:26:05 PM
My guess is that they weren't giving a rigorous definition. I don't think you can over-ride your totems' taunts.

PS: less is multiplicative, reduced is additive.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
Natharias wrote:
Taunt effects can't be overwritten by other taunt effects unless it's player's own taunt. Where multiple players are taunting, the first person to taunt gets the effect.

That means that if your totem taunts you can't override it. If you taunt you can override it if yourself (who was already the one getting the taunt if in a party) taunt again. If in a party, if you taunt first, no one can override your taunts but you.

"
Natharias wrote:
As to the second part of this thread, how would the Chieftain's "enemies near totems deal 8% less damage" and "skills used by your totems taunt enemies" less damage work? Is it combined (82% of normal damage) or are they multiplicative (82.8% of normal damage)?

Less should be multiplicative but your maths are off. 1*((1-0.01)*(1-0.08)) = .91
Last edited by KevT90 on Aug 29, 2016, 2:14:59 PM
"
Less should be multiplicative but your maths are off. 1*((1-0.01)*(1-0.08)) = .91

Not quite.
100 * 0.92 * 0.9 = 82.8% of original damage.
oops as you can see in my previous post I have used .01 instead of .1 ... Yes it's all the same
Last edited by KevT90 on Aug 29, 2016, 2:28:54 PM
"
"
Natharias wrote:

That means that if your totem taunts you can't override it. If you taunt you can override it if yourself (who was already the one getting the taunt if in a party) taunt again. If in a party, if you taunt first, no one can override your taunts but you.

"
Natharias wrote:

Ok, that's what I was hoping. Cause my only method of generating e-charges is Enduring Cry, and I didn't want to use that if it would result in the loss of 10% less damage taken because enemies are taunted by my totems.
But if your totem dies, the enemy is no longer taunted by that totem (if I'm wrong, vipermagi please correct me), so if you use enduring cry before summoning more totems, the enemies will then be taunted by you and thus not be taunted by your totems anymore.
"
But if your totem dies, the enemy is no longer taunted by that totem (if I'm wrong, vipermagi please correct me), so if you use enduring cry before summoning more totems, the enemies will then be taunted by you and thus not be taunted by your totems anymore.

The bigger problem would be summoning totems and crying before totems can taunt all enemies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info