2.4 Low-Life Hierophant SWT - It's easier than you think - HC/Atziri viable and beginner friendly

@sirmanky I think mana regen helps a lot with mana issues I run into once ES shield is not 100%, 50% of mana cost can be costly when running 6 auras. The mana regen allows you to keep summoning totems in certain situations (reflect physical maps and map bosses require constant summoning).

However I will use 9 regrets to test the theory out...
"
BigBagBukkake wrote:
@sirmanky I think mana regen helps a lot with mana issues I run into once ES shield is not 100%, 50% of mana cost can be costly when running 6 auras. The mana regen allows you to keep summoning totems in certain situations (reflect physical maps and map bosses require constant summoning).

Thanks, good to know - I'm curious to see how things turn out. The total of those 9 (well, 6) points is pretty meager: 10% ES, 65% mana regen, 2.2% life regen, 9 cast speed, 3 movement speed, a bit of mana, and some life/stats. Spending just 1 point on re-pathing Written in Blood gets the 10% ES back, 3 points (and a pathing switch) to get mental rapidity gives 12 cast speed and 20 mana regen, taking the starting Witch ES node gives 25 mana regen and 14 flat ES with one point to spare. Alternatively, since it looks like going down the Scion area and picking up Harrier and Foresight is a good deal, using two points to get Dreamer could also help.

I imagine this is all stuff for the extreme end-game and I'm not yet familiar enough to know what is essential, but it seems like there might be better ways to spend those starting points.

"
UncleM3W wrote:
After pouring over Waba's current swt crit passive build, and also the videos posted on YT, I'm in agreement with Waba that Ancestral Bond isn't necessary late game and limits you on your single target dps. In order to correct this, I have reworked the original 120 passive tree into something that is just as tanky but outputs a bit more dps. This is pure theorycraft right now and am not 100% on whether this build is late game viable. Any input in appreciated.

I don't know enough about the viability part but I will say that the drop in aura effectiveness might hurt. You should be able to get +5 max res on corrupted level 21 purity gems in your Prism Guardian. If (as I've read) max resist is rounded down, going from 42 to 32 aura effectiveness will drop the total bonus from these from +7 to +6. No change to any purities that aren't effectively level 23 though. I don't follow the stream but I'm curious to know, what skills are being used instead of the second totem?
Last edited by sirmanky on Oct 1, 2016, 4:05:35 AM
"
I don't follow the stream but I'm curious to know, what skills are being used instead of the second totem?

The second and third totems would be coming from dropping Ancestral Bond and grabbing Ritual of Awakening from Hierophant. This would allow the use of Bladfall for better single target. There's a little less buff to auras but ES regen is upped.
Last edited by UncleM3W on Oct 1, 2016, 4:17:10 PM
"
The second and third totems would be coming from dropping Ancestral Bond and grabbing Ritual of Awakening from Hierophant. This would allow the use of Bladfall for better single target. There's a little less buff to auras but ES regen is upped.

If you take pts away from Sanctuary of Thoughts then you will definitely run into mana issues if running 6 auras.

If you take pts away from Conviction of Power then Void Battery won't be as useful.

I might be wrong but I read 8% decrease per totem actually hurts quite a bit in dps, aka a trap skill...

Lastly how would bladefall increase single target? I'm not very familiar with the mechanic...

Currently with void battery I can dps up to ~50k with all power charges, x2 to 100k (probably 140k if using concentrated effect for single target).
Last edited by BigBagBukkake on Oct 2, 2016, 2:02:40 PM
Does skyforth boots work with this build? Just thinking if that would solve the power charges issue.
I'm running this build right now. With void battey and 7 Power Charges I got 50k DPS on tooltip. I just bounced off the Shaper. No way to kill him. Should I take poison? (I took increased critical strikes and controlled destruction).

Is this build even viable for Shaper?

My EQ:

Please help. I'm pretty sad after Shaper try.
Last edited by Andreiblin on Oct 4, 2016, 11:53:24 AM
How do I make my life reserved?
"
Shirooa wrote:
How do I make my life reserved?

The shield, Prism Guardian:

"Socketed Gems have Blood Magic"
SynTrSr - Trickster Soulrend/Bane
why is purity of fire linked with blasphemy?

also

All the Synergies for physical Damage ... do they even take anything into the build? As the physical Damage on the Kris you posted is very low ...

Or is the physical part just a byproduct and not really main part of this build?
Last edited by exxidus on Nov 6, 2016, 7:47:57 AM
"
Andreiblin wrote:
I'm running this build right now. With void battey and 7 Power Charges I got 50k DPS on tooltip. I just bounced off the Shaper. No way to kill him. Should I take poison? (I took increased critical strikes and controlled destruction).

Is this build even viable for Shaper?

My EQ:

Please help. I'm pretty sad after Shaper try.

Does your Culling Strike Support with ShockTotem even work? as you cast the lvl 20 one not the low lvl 19

also you dont have enduring cry - or how do you generate endurance charges? Thats one of the main things i guess the build of the owner relates - very long and high phys immunity
Last edited by exxidus on Nov 6, 2016, 8:38:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info