vertical tab headers

change: improve tabs so they can be dragged from the horizontal tab header to a vertical one which makes them a sub-tab of the selected horizontal tab.

this would result in a much better sorting ability.

the only problem is the handling of long names in vertical tabs which would need to be cut off and shown on onMouseOver(), got no better idea how to handle it.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last bumped on Aug 29, 2016, 11:09:47 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Well some tab improvements would be welcome, that could work yeah.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
vio wrote:
change: improve tabs so they can be dragged from the horizontal tab header to a vertical one which makes them a sub-tab of the selected horizontal tab.

this would result in a much better sorting ability.

the only problem is the handling of long names in vertical tabs which would need to be cut off and shown on onMouseOver(), got no better idea how to handle it.

I like this idea.
Also:

A larger button to select your tabs on the upper-right. It's too small.

The ability to scroll R and L with your mousewheel without aligning your mouse perfectly over the tabs.

An ability to jump to the first and last tabs using Home and End, respectively.

Small UI tweaks that would make stash tabs about 500% easier to handle, imo.

(Don't mean to steal your thunder, vio! Just wanted to piggyback a bit. :P )
Wash your hands, Exile!
Yes, scrolling the tab listing arrow left and right all the time is a pain.
Yes, to vertical tabs!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
Also:

A larger button to select your tabs on the upper-right. It's too small.

The ability to scroll R and L with your mousewheel without aligning your mouse perfectly over the tabs.

An ability to jump to the first and last tabs using Home and End, respectively.

Small UI tweaks that would make stash tabs about 500% easier to handle, imo.

no it's all fine suggestions:

yes, the vertical scroll buttons are much too small

yes, horizontally scrolling with the mouse is a pain because it's so slow and you have to exactly hoover over the headers, there needs to be the option to move 5 tabs forward when scrolling the mouse wheel

additionally, vertically scrolling the dropdown list is a pita because there is no option to jump 3 to 5 tabs when scrolling the mouse wheel

yes, some key shortcut to jump on the either end would be nice, preferably while also being able to move a tab between those locations.

---

i sometimes think tabs were solely designed for players to have a max of 20 to 30.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
i sometimes think tabs were solely designed for players to have a max of 20 to 30.

I've often suspected the same thing, and mentioned in my own feedback threads on this subject that it really is in their best interest ($$$) to improve useability of these tabs for the hoarding hoarders who buy a ton, like us.
Wash your hands, Exile!
I think it should work the other way, vertical tabs would be the groups and horizontal are contained into the vertical ones. Also having the ability to pin some tabs that will appear at the start of every tab group.
"
vio wrote:

Who has more than 10 tabs anyway lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info