Particle Effect Optimisations in 2.4.0

Wow I can't wait to test the improvements in less than a week! Hopefully the game will become much more stable now! I have a good computer and I still have random unstable performance all the time. Now that it will use my Quad-Core effectively it will be butter-smooth!

Thanks GGG I've been with you since the Closed Beta like 3 or 4 years ago and I just got back into the game. It's amazing to see how much the game has progressed since the beginning on all level!

(Just bought my third Supporter Pack!)
Last edited by Merry_Blind on Aug 28, 2016, 7:41:07 PM
"
deltis wrote:
"
Axel_Moore wrote:
I would like to know why my video card never reach 1200 mhz, only 960 (when i set maximum perfmance profile for poe in nvidia control panel)

Tha means POE dont use the 100% of my video card in the most hard moments, when i get 11 fps...

The game is not well optimized?

Using --experimental-frame-optimizations in the command line improved my fps a lot, but i would love the poe would use the 100% of my video card.

Better to buy godlike cpu then, or shittier gpu, dunno if you can even make it 100% with high end gpus

The problem is that with other games like witcher 3, metal gears solid v, etc... It uses 100% of gpu, the only one that doesnt uses 100% of video card is poe... So i dont think is a bottle neck because it doesnt uses 100% load of my cpu...

Normally i have 60 fps and 30 fps, but when lots of mobs and party members attacks, etc... u know, 15 fps...

before --experimental-frame-optimizations it was horrible, now i monitor my 8 cpu´ of multithread and they use 30% more than before and my fps are better but they are not using 100% of load charge.

Didnt had theses problems before in 2014 - 2013...
Last edited by Axel_Moore on Aug 28, 2016, 8:30:42 PM
We'll see about this.
MFJonesHC
"
Axel_Moore wrote:
I would like to know why my video card never reach 1200 mhz, only 960 (when i set maximum perfmance profile for poe in nvidia control panel)

Tha means POE dont use the 100% of my video card in the most hard moments, when i get 11 fps...

Using --experimental-frame-optimizations in the command line improved my fps a lot, but i would love the poe would use the 100% of my video card.

Only way i can get my 1080gtx to run with any boost is if i let my fps roam free. With nothing holding it back, which i use rivatuner to lock the fps for gsync, I get about 400+ fps on 1440p. I usually lock it at 140fps, and the gpu won't boost up at all. Low usage, and the cpu is a 4670k @ 4.5ghz and sits around 60% usage as well.

Only time i really dip is with burning ground and a zillion items littering the ground, but I do dip into the 40's at those times.
Luckily my CPU supports AVX and AVX2 (Core I5)
"
Axel_Moore wrote:
"
deltis wrote:
"
Axel_Moore wrote:

Better to buy godlike cpu then, or shittier gpu, dunno if you can even make it 100% with high end gpus

The problem is that with other games like witcher 3, metal gears solid v, etc... It uses 100% of gpu, the only one that doesnt uses 100% of video card is poe... So i dont think is a bottle neck because it doesnt uses 100% load of my cpu...

Normally i have 60 fps and 30 fps, but when lots of mobs and party members attacks, etc... u know, 15 fps...

before --experimental-frame-optimizations it was horrible, now i monitor my 8 cpu´ of multithread and they use 30% more than before and my fps are better but they are not using 100% of load charge.

Didnt had theses problems before in 2014 - 2013...

Old engine single core, going to be cpu bound.
GGG really need a new modern engine.
still the new fixes helps at least to keep it in order.
I would be glad to pay to get an extra client with god mode enabled and 70 skeltals firing at me. It is by far the best test to check stability when overclocking systems. I have had prime95, FPU tests, all kinds of Aida64 runs but 25-45 minutes PoE truly bring out every little instability issue you might have.
This is awesome! So happy to see this, but even nicer to hear that you have a programmer who's only job right now is to optimize the client. :-)

SSE2 should cover more than just modern CPUs, since Pentium 4/Celeron and later all support it. So that's great!
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
creasian wrote:
"
Axel_Moore wrote:

Only way i can get my 1080gtx to run with any boost is if i let my fps roam free. With nothing holding it back, which i use rivatuner to lock the fps for gsync, I get about 400+ fps on 1440p. I usually lock it at 140fps, and the gpu won't boost up at all. Low usage, and the cpu is a 4670k @ 4.5ghz and sits around 60% usage as well.

Only time i really dip is with burning ground and a zillion items littering the ground, but I do dip into the 40's at those times.

Glad to read you, that is, with the latest gpu and cpu he has the same problem as me.

The game uses 100% of your GPU in the hardest momemnts ? ( No, it doesnt )

The game uses 100% of your CPU´s in the hardest moments ? (No, it doesnt )

So the problem doesnt comes from us, comes from the engine.

You cant say say me i play withcher 3, mgsv 5, dragon age inquisition, 60 - 45 fps stable and get 11 fps in some moments in poe, is ridiculous.
so good to hear, I am happy although I just bought a new computer :)

"
DerekG wrote:
In case anyone wants to know...
[snip]
Note: Not all CPUs from the listed families support AVX. Generally, CPUs with the commercial denomination "Core i3/i5/i7" support them, whereas "Pentium" and "Celeron" CPUs don't.

Helpful list, but just to add a small detail... the mobile version of i5 (at least my M430) does not support AVX. At least it has SSE for a small boost. I could probably play again on my laptop with that new patch. FPS is never great but gets close to zero with lots of particles on screen.

Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info