[2.4][Concept] Bleed/Poison Assassin Cleaver

Hey guys,
just one week left until Atlas of Worlds and I thought I could share some info about my upcoming build. Prophecy league I played a Cleave build for the first time with The Doomsower with Slayer, but this time I kinda wanted to take this to another level with Bleed/poison and (partially) crit based Assassin Cleave (but without Voidheart, because that shit's probably getting nerfed anyway).

Last league I used the Doomsower for clearing end game maps (Twinned Colosseum with enfeeble and EE clear: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/268345512229197621/02614989601F8DAC56A3EC2EC0E51F30579F8929/ ), but now it's time to shine for Kondo's Pride (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1708836 ).

Bandits: Oak - Kill - Alira
Auras: Grace - Blasphemy Assassin's Mark
Ascendancy: Noxious Strike -> Toxic Delivery -> Ambush -> Assassination

Link setups:
5L: Cleave - melee phys - Multistrike - faster attacks - conc effect/inc aoe
5L: Ancestral Warchief - melee phys - faster attacks - conc effect/inc aoe - inc duration
4L: Leap Slam - Blood Magic - faster attacks - Fortify
4L: Blasphemy - Assassin's Mark - Grace - Blood Rage??? (maybe Stone Golem or Vaal Haste if I should get one)
3L (until Kaom's Roots): Immortal Call - inc duration - CWDT

Skilltree:

The idea behind this build is to have moderate crit chance so I'm around 30-50% ish, otherwise stacking crit chance would be pointless, because I'm still relying on leech. I would prefer at getting more atk speed nodes, but my ideal setup is hitting hard once and let poison/bleed take care of the rest. This should have enough potential to get me carried to T16 maps, because I will probably get more life than my slayer (who had 6k hp until 90), because of having slightly more life nodes (even without Scion rectangle) and utilizing the Kaom's Roots for life and Unwavering Stance. The only thing what bothers me a little bit is reflect from crits, but I think that shouldn't be that big of an issue if played correctly.

There you have it, another hipster non meta build from me :D
Last edited by Flavourius on Aug 31, 2016, 10:23:54 PM
Last bumped on Oct 7, 2016, 6:03:00 PM
Hi there!

I loved the concept, could you post a tree? :)
Whoops, my bad,thought I already implemented the tree.
Main post updated.

And since you don't get much strength as Shadow while lvling, consider using Lacerate first and then switch to Cleave if you got into the Duelist tree. The good thing about the build is you don't have to care that much for attributes, you get enough int for conc effect/inc aoe and enough str to get Ancestral Warchief going as well. You only need 1 str and 8 int on anything to max them to 20 though but that's not an issue.

If you have some questions ask ahead ;)
Last edited by Flavourius on Aug 31, 2016, 1:21:10 PM
Now after reading the patch notes, cleave got even better with just a small nerf to poison with 2% less dmg, which is still good nonetheless.
Hi, im kinda tempted to try that but could you post an exemple of your gear? so i can get an idea of what is requested. Thx a lot
Last edited by Pepito___ on Sep 28, 2016, 8:25:17 AM
"
Pepito___ wrote:
Hi, im kinda tempted to try that but could you post an exemple of your gear? so i can get an idea of what is requested. Thx a lot

Sorry but kinda forgot this thread a bit. I decided to reroll another character, because it wasn't as good as I thought to be. The main issue was the lack of attack speed, I could not leech fast enough and because of that I was quite squishy. I had struggle with yellow tier maps even with 5.3k+ hp.

In the end I made a really successful Sire of Shards-Fireball totem build as Chieftain, then made another Cleave Slayer (was my main character in Porphecy), but this time with some tweaks.

If you want I can give you a link to my build for the Chieftain or say some things for the Slayer build.
Last edited by Flavourius on Oct 7, 2016, 6:03:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info