[2.3] Bow trapper build | Boss Killer (Video) (Rain of Arrow/Puncture trap) | UBER ATZIRI

I just want to drop here a build I ve worked on since Warband league. This is the third version and I manage to kill Uber Atziri (4 runs so far).

This is a bow trapper build using the incredible dmg multipliers of Traps and Point Blank for a double dipping bleed. The whole point is that all the hits benefits from the point blank effect since the distance travelled by the projectile is counted from the traps.

Gear

The mandatory unique are the Chin Sol which gives us 100% more dmg. I use Deerstalker because I wanted this 3rd trap which is Vaal Burning arrow. The Drillneck thing is explained in the next section.

Tree and Ascendancy

Tree

As you see, we are going Deadeye mainly because of Powerful Precision, which basicaly gives us 100% crit chance, 100% pierce chance AND 100% inc dmg because we use Drillneck.

Far shot is useless but Endless munition is perfect because we lack of accuracy (since traps points dont give any), the inc area of effect is perfect for Rain of Arrow AND the extra projectile will provide 20% more dmg to Vaal Burning Arrow trap.

Finally Rupture is very good as well because it gives us extra crit against bleeding enemies (which is everybody because cluster trap Rain of Arrow make the enemies bleed almost everytime and puncture inflict bleed as well). Allowing Rain of Arrow to inflict bleed is very important because bleed double dips and inflict insane dmg (explained in the next section).

Skill

This is a boss killer build so we need a solo target skill : Puncture. It has the highest base dmg of all bow skill and it inflicts a bleeding debuff which double dips with trap and projectile dmg.

As a second boss one-shot skill, we use vaal Burning arrow, which is well known for his capacity to one shot or ignite boss to death. The ignite double dips as well. We link it with gmp because the area can overlap (dont mistake it with the shootgun machanic). The problem is that the less projectile dmg of gmp also apply on the ignite, that s why you might prefer a more multiplier like slower projectile which gives less dmg than gmp on the initial hit but more ignite dmg. Up to you.

Finally, as main skill i use Rain of Arrow because it's 100% phys dmg and the bleeding dmg only depends of the physical dmg. The bleed effect will be very weak with blast rain for example. Linked with cluster traps and trap cooldown gem, it s a very efficient way to clear map.

To help our defense stat, i use blasphemy enfeeble. You might prefer temporal chains or even vulnerability for more dmg.

Finally use Arctic Armor to slow them all and clarity to sustain the little mana cost of the build.

If you have any question concerning the build, feel free to add me IGN : JackyDuGhetto
Last edited by supermax38 on Aug 29, 2016, 9:20:15 PM
Last bumped on Aug 29, 2016, 9:21:00 PM
This looks nice ! Any tips for leveling this build ?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
can this build work witn both 5l? how about clear speed on red maps?
"
seeeether wrote:
can this build work witn both 5l?

By all means =) Just remove Point Blank Support, it already does nothing because the build takes passive "Point Blank" keystone. They do the same and do not stack.

However, on 6L it performs even better than topic starter believes it does, cause instead of Point Blank Support something useful can be plugged it.
How much mana does a trap cost? Also, how much mana do you have after any auras?
I tried this build as an assassin, it does indeed have great dps but clearing maps is such a chore because of the trap cooldown.

I even had 2 sets of traps, rain of arrow traps + blast rain traps and I still had cooldown problems.

I would only recommend it for bosses :/

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Aug 27, 2016, 7:15:43 PM
Can you add some videos?
~A Women Can Change The World With A Single, Well-Placed Arrow~
"
azamantes wrote:
This looks nice ! Any tips for leveling this build ?

You can level easily as a classic ranger with split arrow or lightning strike and take the bow passive points first. I switched to traps for cruel malachai.
"
How much mana does a trap cost? Also, how much mana do you have after any auras?

183 mana remains after reservation and a rain of arrow costs 43 and puncture trap 21. Mana is very confortable, you can also run no regen maps with a mana flask.
Yes indeed, point blanks support and point dont stack, it means i did uber on a 5L.
Last edited by supermax38 on Aug 29, 2016, 2:53:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info