Spell crit vs traps

So i was wondering, if spell crit nodes affect traps crit?
Last bumped on Aug 24, 2016, 2:04:41 PM
If the Trap fires a Spell, then yes.
Fire/Lightning/Ice Traps are all Spells, but a Puncture Trap is not.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 24, 2016, 12:27:30 PM
Would that work with bladefall traps for example? cus i had those in mind, but i guess not right?
Bladefall is somewhat... "Special". It's a spell, so it would work. However, it's one of only 3 spells that deal pure phys damage. Confuses lots of people.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
bladefall is a spell, so yes it will work.
Cool thanks for answers.
And does normal Crit modifiers work for bladefall in trap form? like global crit mulitplayer, or for example, +20% crit chance from skill nod, where its not specified the node is for spell?
Last edited by lambrioza on Aug 24, 2016, 1:46:27 PM
Traps use your offensive modifiers, as if you're the one casting the Skill. The only functional difference is that Trap modifiers also apply, and the whole "it's a Trap!" thing.
Another functional difference is that you are no longer the source of the damage. This seems pretty obvious and not worth mentioning, but it has a huge benefit: you will no longer get damage from reflect. As the traps are the source of the damage it would in theory get reflected to them. However, since they are destroyed upon triggering, the reflect completely fizzles.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Thank you, that helps. I asked this all cus im trying to theorycraft a Crit Assasin bladefall trapper based on popular Crackhöhle's build. And was wondering how to get more dmg.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info