[2.6] Explosive Arrow Pathfinder W/Videos -HC Endgame Mapping, Grandmasters, T16 Guardian Guides

"
Amperiex wrote:
Do you recommend double 6link quill for both single and aoe? Or is one quill rain enough for both.

I got a 6link quill rain and was thinking of EA > Slow Proj > Fire pen > Life leech > less duration > empower 4.

I got a dying sun flask so pretty much 100% uptime on that. Got 7,5k hp and 560 regen. It's not much but with the regen from life leech it's more then enough. Or do you think I don't need the extra regen from life leech?

Can the gem link setup like that work? I got 59% chance to ignite with flammability so don't really need the chance to ignite gem.

You don't need a 6link for aoe clearing, and some people with dying sun do use 1 bow for both. I use 2 bows because I'm not sure if I'll off screen reflect with my strong arrow, my gmp set up is more than enough. Since I play in HC I can't risk testing the damage usually.

I was clearing packs with a 5link set up without dying sun in an enfeeble t15, and my 5thlink at the time was life leech. The only reason I have a second 6link bow is because I linked both bows.

You'll be fine with a 5link if you want to use 2 bows.

You're missing conc effect for a single target, it's the biggest dps gem past fire pen. Thing is after a while trash clear becomes a non issue so I always try to have my single target set up for quick boss kills.

I would try and get around life leech gem somehow, boot enchant, corruption on rearguard or doryani's. you can eventually get the regen that's comfortable with EA if you get more life, but that's really upto you.

As far as chance to ignite, you can try it and see if you like it, I just have it in my head that I want to make sure I ignite the first time around, it's annoying if it doesn't.
Got myself a 2nd 6link quill rain for single target, i'll switch it out if needed. Got 0.4% fire leech total from belt and quiver. And now at 700regen so should be good.
Loving the build but struggling to 6L a quill rain :( Probably could have bought one buy now if I had saved all my fuses

Gear:

these gloves are great if anyone wants a cheap 5l for single target a +1 cost me 4c and feels like it gives me as much damage as a 6l.
Last edited by Fhark on Nov 12, 2016, 2:23:11 AM
"
Fhark wrote:
these gloves are great if anyone wants a cheap 5l for single target a +1 cost me 4c and feels like it gives me as much damage as a 6l.

thats probably something I should consider when I can't find a 6link to buy in HC temp league.
my EA build is similar, obviously, because most EA builds are pretty cookie cutter. though my passive tree is different, use mana, and am a deadeye instead of a pathfinder.

initially i tried to roll an EA build that was purely based on the initial explosion with no burn, using elemental focus. this was extremely lack luster. i was about level 72 at the time when i got everything up and going and i was unable to reliably clear the end of act 4.

i got really discouraged but then decided to swap to a full burn version of the build. this proved to be much more effective, cheaper, and i was able to clear the end of act4 without issue at all.
the DPS from the burn is absolutely INSANE and i don't even have all my passives or things in effect (like shock) quite yet.

undoubtedly the best DPS for EA in single target anyway is the DoT burn aspect. i rock at all times EA, less duration, fire pen, chance to ignite, inc aoe, and either slower projectiles or rapid decay.
soon as i hit a boss or something i need to single target down, i swap inc aoe for conc effect. currently im not sure which is better, slower projectiles or rapid decay. i imagine its slower projectiles though because it should double dip, raising the damage of the initial explosion (giving a higher burn) and then also raising the damage of the burn. though this is difficult to test in a practical experiment.

i can get away without using LMP/GMP at all times, and not needing dying sun because of how much inc aoe i have. with using carcass jack, as a deadeye, cpl passives and inc aoe i get a total of +94% increased area of effect and i shoot 2 projectiles every shot. this is more than enough to clear packs without issue. with a 99% chance to ignite (when the build is all said and done) there is also no need for elemental proliferation.

with my belt, alchemist passives, and arcane chemistry im basically a pathfinder anyway. i can use all flasks three times with high duration and the clear speed is well enough to recharge easily.

relying purely on the DoT burn damage allows me to use the vastly cheaper witchfire brew over dying sun, giving me an immense boost in damage. i need to get closer to things in order to do this, but its not really an issue with my defenses and you have to do it for vinktar shock anyway.

im not fully setup currently, but this will be my tree and the gear i have.

Current and Planned Gear

the amulet im going to be getting and using will be the eye of innocence for the inc dmg while ignited and the fire dmg leech.
i'll also need to work towards getting appropriate enchantments on this gear. for the helmet i'll probably opt for explosive arrow damage. boot enchant will either be reduced mana cost if you've been hit recently, or regenerate % life/mana if hit recently.
Last edited by xMustard on Nov 15, 2016, 1:06:56 PM
Yeah I pretty much used the burn set up even before frost wall, the time it takes to set up overlapping explosions is better off just igniting.

BTW I'm going to see if scorching ray totem is worth it on the build. likely this will only help on things like shaper and guardians since we kill t15 map bosses pretty easily as is. Odds are decoy totem is still king, but if it gets nerfed, well we might have a new option. This is also an option if you decide to roll with a support since there isn't much they can do for your damage.
Hi Dingis,

This is by far one of the nicest builds I've played. Instead of using a Kaom's I decided to run a double-curse setup and a Body Armour with Essence of Horror (15% of Physical Damage taken as Cold Damage). On lvl 94 I am at over 7200hp. For Lab runs I switch out the Dying Sun flask for a Basalt Flask.
I am on ESC and the only way to die is by trying min-max T15/16, dying to Izaro on full ele charges or Ele Reflect Maps that I occasionally run by mistake.

Here's my gear:

Spoiler

Last edited by jhonnyfoe0712 on Nov 17, 2016, 7:24:33 AM
"
jhonnyfoe0712 wrote:
Hi Dingis,

This is by far one of the nicest builds I've played. Instead of using a Kaom's I decided to run a double-curse setup and a Body Armour with Essence of Horror (15% of Physical Damage taken as Cold Damage). On lvl 94 I am at over 7200hp. For Lab runs I switch out the Dying Sun flask for a Basalt Flask.
I am on ESC and the only way to die is by trying min-max T15/16, dying to Izaro on full ele charges or Ele Reflect Maps that I occasionally run by mistake.

Here's my gear:

Spoiler

Nice, that's not a bad idea, I haven't been able to craft a good one of those in the league.

I added some of the posts as testimonial on the first post. I probably missed some but I appreciate all of you who got involved with this thread.
alright i just hit lvl 80 on my character and was finally able to get elemental equilibrium....and it feels like my burn dps just doubled. insane

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info