Labyrinth for returning player

So i am a returning player and im not too familiar with the labyrinth however i tried to clear one in normal difficulty on my lvl 84 marauder and i feel the traps need to be reworked. I didnt not expect such rogue like elements to be in poe i really loved to grinding and mmorpg elements it had. the traps in normal diffulty deals so much damage to me even though i am level 84 im not sure if the damage is based on your characters hp or what but this is ridiculous. people are just gonna call me a noob for not being able to clear the labyrinth but when i play a lvl 84 character and do a content intended for level 20-30 i want to clear it without so much effort. sorry for the poor composition of this post but i just want to address this "problem" i face with this content and it takes too long to clear even in normal difficulty. It makes me NOT want to play again
Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.
Last bumped on Aug 20, 2016, 1:10:07 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Petarded wrote:
So i am a returning player and im not too familiar with the labyrinth however i tried to clear one in normal difficulty on my lvl 84 marauder and i feel the traps need to be reworked. I didnt not expect such rogue like elements to be in poe i really loved to grinding and mmorpg elements it had. the traps in normal diffulty deals so much damage to me even though i am level 84 im not sure if the damage is based on your characters hp or what but this is ridiculous. people are just gonna call me a noob for not being able to clear the labyrinth but when i play a lvl 84 character and do a content intended for level 20-30 i want to clear it without so much effort. sorry for the poor composition of this post but i just want to address this "problem" i face with this content and it takes too long to clear even in normal difficulty. It makes me NOT want to play again

So you basically want the asc points without any sort of challenge. you can become a member of the crusade. You will fit right in.
"
Xtorma wrote:
"
Petarded wrote:

So you basically want the asc points without any sort of challenge. you can become a member of the crusade. You will fit right in.

Please ignore Xtorma's rude response. He just seems to have this irrational hatred of people that think labyrinth does not fit wonderfully into PoE.

Trap damage is based on your character's life + (0.6 x energyShield). I agree that it does not follow the damage expected based on monster damage for the level you are playing.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Aug 16, 2016, 4:10:24 PM
You're not alone. Many, many people hate the lab and think it's an incredibly stupid idea to put core ARPG character development behind frogger trap gameplay. I tried to pick up some alts, started the lab, then just logged. It's so horrible I'd rather just not play my alts at all than to run them through the lab. And trying so many alts is what kept my interest in the game, not restarting back from 0 redoing the same shit I have done the last 3 years. But hey, I just ordered a VR headset instead of a supporter pack, so they can do what ever they want with the lab now with no real bother to me ;)
I understand what you say, OP.
A few traps here and there for flavor I could endure.
But consecutive rooms full of traps? And gate char development behind it?
When I was still playing I had fun theorycrafting builds to kill and not be killed by monsters... Not jump'n run.
"
When I was still playing I had fun theorycrafting builds to kill and not be killed by monsters... Not jump'n run.

And 99% of that time for your build you could be spent killing monsters, just because the 1% it takes you to get the reward isn't smash your face on the keyboard and kill the challenge, doesn't make it bad.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
My only problem with the Lab is the damn disconnect. I don't mind the traps, badly tho they need to be reworked. I don't mind dying to monsters etc if it is my fault. That's, after all, part of the game and to be expected.

But by all the gods, nothing pisses me off more that fighting almost all the way through Lab then suddenly with no warning I find my self staring at the freaking blankety blank login screen.

It happened twice in normal Lab, it's happened twice so far in cruel. I've haven't been able to bare facing the Lab again after the last disconnect.

Besides my cat is still hiding under the bed because the last time I disconnected I dropped down and started tearing the carpet with my teeth.
"
MFairfax wrote:
My only problem with the Lab is the damn disconnect. I don't mind the traps, badly tho they need to be reworked. I don't mind dying to monsters etc if it is my fault. That's, after all, part of the game and to be expected.

But by all the gods, nothing pisses me off more that fighting almost all the way through Lab then suddenly with no warning I find my self staring at the freaking blankety blank login screen.

It happened twice in normal Lab, it's happened twice so far in cruel. I've haven't been able to bare facing the Lab again after the last disconnect.

Besides my cat is still hiding under the bed because the last time I disconnected I dropped down and started tearing the carpet with my teeth.

For the mental well being of cats everywhere, fix labyrinth and make PoE great again!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
goetzjam wrote:
"

And 99% of that time for your build you could be spent killing monsters, just because the 1% it takes you to get the reward isn't smash your face on the keyboard and kill the challenge, doesn't make it bad.

POE is a game that focus HEAVILY on build passives/development and loot.
So, the time spent doing trap gameplay is not the issue. Build development gated behind it IS and, to some point, exclusive loot that is also gated.

I'd say trap gameplay as it is, is very much in the core of the game.

"
"
goetzjam wrote:
"

POE is a game that focus HEAVILY on build passives/development and loot.
So, the time spent doing trap gameplay is not the issue. Build development gated behind it IS and, to some point, exclusive loot that is also gated.

I'd say trap gameplay as it is, is very much in the core of the game.

Trading is a core part of the game, just because there are items to get in the lab and enchantments possible as well doesn't mean you have to do the lab to get those things. Similar to planning a build that requires atziri uniques or uber atziri uniques, you can get them from other players.

So again the whole point of "it doesnt fit" is just an opinion, the fact of the matter is the lab and the AC points are likely to stay exactly where they are. Following the logic that blah blah shouldn't be gated, why even have things like bandit rewards then, why even have extra passive points for side quest, because it fits the game thats why, you do those side things in order to get the rewards, much like the lab.

Like it or not, it probably isn't going to change and seeing 1\2 dozen people like turtle post on every single lab related thread is quite annoying. When the patch notes for 2.4 are revealed and no changes to the lab or rather the AC points are there, perhaps he will realize that the answer given by Chris in the podcast hasn't changed. People do the lab, so they have no reason to change it.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info