[2.3/Occultist] Low Life CocSpray - AFK Map bosses - Tanky, tri curse phys Coc - Guide & Videos

Welcome to my newest build guide! I always liked Cast on Crit and Low Life Builds, so i wanted to see if i can make a Low Life version of what's become known as CocSpray - thanks Mathil!

The build uses the Witches Occultist Ascendancy tree and the Soul Strike Quiver to gain great defensive capabilities - it's almost as if you always have Vaal Discipline up. In fact this works so well that the build doesn't even need the usual stun immunity mod and because of that, gearing becomes a lot easier.

And here's how that looks while Afk'ing the Chateau boss:

VIDEO: https://vid.me/FZxp

To kill stuff we employ a classical Quill rain Coc setup with phys spells.

Killing Double Shrine Piety with ele weakness and vulnerability (char isn't ele weakness capped right now):

VIDEO:https://vid.me/Ds9c ...well more of a powerpoint presentation actually. My pc didn't have the best day when recording these videos as you can see. I'll try to get better ones soon:)

--------------Pros and Cons of the Build------------------------------------------

Pros

Spoiler
+ Good Defense: Perma pseudo Vaal Discipline, 2% instant Es Leech, Enfeeble - Blasphemy, Endurance charges, Arctic armour, Knockback on bow crit. 9-10k ES

+ Good Damage

+ Room for customisation: Most of the gearing, Spells and Gem Links can be changed to your liking

+ Not especially expensive - at least not in comparison to many other low life builds

+ Room to grow: The build can be pushed quite far if you invest into it.

Cons

Spoiler
- Depending on your spells (phys or elemental) you can't run phys or ele reflect maps - at least not very safely.

- not a super cheap budget build: you need at least a Shav's (doesn't have to be linked though) and a 5L Quill Rain

-----------------------------Gear---------------------------------------------

Current Gear:

Spoiler
Please note that some of this stuff is more expensive than strictly needed - for example you don't need the +1 to gems Shav's to make the build work - and in fact a 5L would be better!(See explanation in the Gems & Links section of the guide) Having an utterly useless Veil Enchant is a must though;)

---------------------Gear Explanation:-------------------------------------
Spoiler

Chest: Shavronne's Wrappings. Low Life. Duh.

Bow: Quill Rain seems to work best - but i have yet to try Reach of the council... could be good with barrage. A third option is Windripper (legacy if possible), which allows you to drop/replace the Crit Strikes gem. The problem with Windripper is the attack speed; it just doesn't feel good to use it.

Quiver: Soul Strike. The reason this Build is using Bow and Quiver at all. It comes with that great mod "150% faster start of energy shield Recharge". Compare that to the 30% that the whole passive tree offers...! Very powerful in combination with occultist's Wicked Ward Ascendancy passive. Besides that it offers Crit, Attack speed and up to 120 energy shield!

Helm: Heretic's Veil or The Vertex or high Energy shield rare. If you want to run 3 curses, then you'll need the Veil. With two curses, the Vertex or an ES rare will do just fine.

Boots: Energy Shield Rare with Resists and Move speed, or maybe Rainbowstrides (low es), Skyforth (even lower es, no res), or Steppan Eards (good if you still manage to cap your resistances). Stun recovery is not a bad mod to have on the boots.

Gloves: Eenergy Shield Rare with Resistances, maybe attack speed if possible.

Jewellery: Use your Rings and Amulet to pick up enough accuracy in order to have a >90% chance to hit - quite important. Other than that look for Resistances, maybe some strength and of course all the Energy Shield you can get (flat energy shield plus elreon's 5-20% increased energy shield if possible). Leo can craft a "faster start of energy shield recharge"-mod; a nice addition if you can squeeze it in somewhere.

Belt: Rare Chain Belt or Rustic Sash with Energy shield and Resistances. Like on the boots, stun recovery doesn't hurt.

-------------------------Skill Gems & Links-------------------------------

Spoiler
Gems should be max level & quality if not specified

Damage:

Blast Rain (lvl 1)- Cast on Critical Strike Support - Increased Critical Strikes Support - Bladefall - Glacial Cascade - Ethereal Knives

in a 5L, drop Ethereal Knives. When using Windripper, replace crit strikes by increased area support (clear speed) or conc effect (boss killing)... Just to repeat: Windripper does work but it feels very slow, i doubt you will like it.

Of course you can use different spells - you could go for elemental damage (Firestorm, arc and Flame surge for example). The current passive tree includes only area damage and crit multi, so almost any spell will work. If you do that, just replace the Hatred aura by Wrath or Anger and the Herald of Ash by Herald of Ice or Thunder.

First Aura setup - life reservation:

Blood Magic - Enlighten - Discipline - Arctic Armour - Herald of Ash

To run the full setup you have two options: +1 to socketed gems 5L with corrupted lvl 21 Blood magic and lvl 3 Enlighten OR a lvl 21 Blood Magic, lvl 4 Enlighten and the Conqueror's Efficiency Jewel. If can't or don't want to get these items, just drop either the Herald or the Arctic Armour - neither is super important to have.

If you do drop the Herald or Artic Armour, then use an Empower to get more ES out of your Discipline.

It's actually better to have a 5L with 1 unlinked socket here: this allows you to use that last socket for Blink arrow or Ice golem, since you don't want this gem to run on blood magic - using it would kill you if it's linked to BM...

Second Aura Setup - Mana reservation:

Hatred - Enlighten Support

lvl 3 Enlighten is sufficient.

Curse Setup (Heretics Veil)

Enlighten - Assassin's Mark - Warlord's Mark - Enfeeble [or Temp chains or Vulnerability]

lvl 3 Enlighten is sufficient.

Cast when Stunned setup

Cast when stunned support - Cold Snap - Elemental Proliferation - Frost Wall

This is a nice defensive setup that can freeze/chill packs of monsters and push them away with frost wall. If you don't like frost wall - it can be annoying if you're not used to skip across it with blink arrow - then use either Increased Area Support (larger proliferation area) or Cold Penetration Support (freezes tougher monsters).

Single Gems to place where you find room:

Ice golem, Blink Arrow, Vaal Discipline

----------------------Passive Tree----------------------------------------------

Spoiler
We pick up mainly Energy Shield, Energy shield Recharge related nodes, Crit and Area of Effect. The Lioneye's Fall Jewel is used to Transform the Blunt Trauma/Serpent Stance Cluster into bow nodes.
On the other Jewels look for Energy shield, Faster start of energy shield Recharge, Global Crit, some form of damage (spell dmg, crit multi, phys damage, maybe area damage), and accuracy/resists/attributes if needed.

lvl 90 Tree - the next two points will be used to pick up Will of Blades.
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAA5IEHsRDxEvEVARlhNxFX4WQBcvGF0YahmKGkgajxslHRQdTx3ZHxgi6iL0KU8qCyo4Kwo0MTW5OVI7DTwFPO89X0J6Q1RLrkyzUDBR-1JTVdZYB1iuXGtcil3yXqVfamTnZlRmnmjybAttGW1scFJwu3pwe9d88H_GgKSCm4RIhMWFe4V9iEKJ04wLjDaMdo9Gj_qRB5Mnl5WX9Jo7m6GbtZ48n9-hL6crrJit8bVItzG5fLv8vjq-isBmwcXDOsNtzRbQH9DQ2VvbGtte34rndOjW6QLrY-wY7DjssO987-v0KPRx9tr31_rS-wn7iw==

-----------------------------------Bandits---------------------------------------

Spoiler
Passive - Passive - Power Charge (help Alira)

--------------------------Flasks-------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

Obviously you should get some freeze/chill/bleed/shock removal on your flasks - in combination with a surgeon's mod if possible.

Quicksilver, Diamond, Atziri's Promise are the flasks i almost always use, the rest is a bit depending on the situation: Taste of Hate, Topaz, Ruby, Sapphire, Stibnite...

Kiara's Determination is very nice if you're good at managing your flasks.

My 2.3 Build Guides:
Oro's Crit Flicker Assassin: view-thread/1691639
Sire of Ignites Elementalist: view-thread/1703646
Low Life CocSpray Occultist: view-thread/1711959
Last edited by EvilChomsky on Aug 17, 2016, 7:46:25 PM
Last bumped on Aug 19, 2016, 12:47:42 PM
18.8.16: Flasks and Current Gear (new Rustic) updated.
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Last edited by EvilChomsky on Aug 18, 2016, 1:41:57 AM
wow very impresive survivability with solid dps. need to try this later.

Good job man
K983J7
is this viable use Barrage instead Blast Rain?

and it will be good to see Jewel section in build
Last edited by almazn2015 on Aug 19, 2016, 5:02:37 AM
@almazn2015:

Hi, thanks for your comments!

I did include a small jewel description in the Passive Tree-Section of the guide, not sure if you saw it:) To be honest, i didn't link my jewels in the guide because they really suck! Most are reused from a different build and have only 2 useful stats on them... lots of room for improvement there.

Anyway, here they are:

I am considering to use
too, but i am not sure about it.

Concerning Barrage: You can use it if you want to. It's just that i didn't want to invest the passive points necessary for a couple of Volley fire Jewels (in the current tree you'd have to pick up some otherwise useless dex nodes just to use them) and without those i do not think that barrage is any better than Blast Rain. For Barrage without Volley Fire, maybe Reach of the Council or Death's Opus (because of the Crit multi) are viable options - but i haven't had a chance to test that yet.
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Last edited by EvilChomsky on Aug 16, 2016, 10:36:16 PM
Can do all boss with this build ?
"
redjo wrote:
Can do all boss with this build ?

Hi, i think so, yes... you can't just facetank EVERY boss, but you have a ton of survivability and good damage, so in principle you can kill everything in the game.

So far i was running T14 maps (Shrine & Palace) and i can do both of them deathless quite easily (Uber lab too, of course). After i level up i will attempt a Core & uber Atziri - i am curious if i can do it deathless.
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Last edited by EvilChomsky on Aug 19, 2016, 12:48:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info