Help Returning Player with CoC Windripper build

Coming back after not playing for a long time and I forgot how intimidating optimizing builds can be, especially when one hasn't been thinking about PoE for a very long time.

Basically I want to revive the Templar CoC Windripper build I was running before I stopped playing. He was tricked out with some really excellent gear, including 6L Shav's (though I don't have to use this if LL isn't best) and 6L Legacy (97% increased crit) Windripper, along with various other uniques, many of which give increased crit chance. He also has two Lioneye's Fall jewels, which I think were used around the staff/melee crit nodes.

He has 100 points to spend. I could use help with any of the following:

-Armor. Should I run my Shav's on this build, or just go with a Voll's Protector? I know the former opens up a really powerful LL option, but the later would let me run cold snap as one of the CoC spells, which would be nice with the MF on Windripper.
-General optimized allocation of points. Feel free to link a build in a planner.
-Ascendancy choice (this didn't exist when I played before).
>Inquisitor seems like a natural fit with the elemental damage, plus the consecrated effects and ignoring ele
resist (assuming spell crit is high, rather than just attack crit).
>Guardian on the other hand would be a defensive option. If going LL it offers a lot of energy shield, not
only from the minor passives, but also from Radiant Faith since a lot of life and mana will be reserved.
Plus the boosts to auras will be nice. Overall just a nice untility/defense option.
>Hierophant doesn't seem like a good option to me, but I could be wrong. Yes it would help keep up endurance
charges and give a boost to energy shield, but overall I don't think it stacks up to the other two.
-Defenses. Can I still just run a CoDT+Immortal Call set up for physical damage, then cap and increase ele resists with auras? Do I need to think about armor, evasion, block?
-Skills. I'm thinking of running barrage and trying to trade for a Volley Fire Jewel, then of course CoC and whatever spells/supports I want to go with it. Cold Snap + something that shocks (maybe arc?) could be good for MF with Windripper, but I'm not wed to anything. As a matter of fact, one reason I built a CoC build in the first place was because if I got tired of watching the same effects for hours on end, I could just swap out spell gems.

Ok I think that's it for now, but I welcome any suggestions you guys might think are relevant.
Last edited by gabrion2 on Aug 15, 2016, 10:24:01 PM
Last bumped on Aug 15, 2016, 10:23:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info