Would this Build work? Ice Nova Templar.

Ice Nova Templar

Would this be viable?
Ice Nova - (atleast 10 quality, increases the AoE)
Cold Penetration - (quality optional)
Increased AoE - (Atleast 10 quality, Increases AoE)
Leech Life - (Quality "required")
Blood Magic(possibly)

If not cold pen I will use faster casting.

Clarity(100% will use cus I have mana)
Rest are just thought's, cus I'll most likely be in Melee range, but cus of the freeze I'm not completely sure how much damage I'll be taking.(I.E. Purity, Haste, Vitality, Determination)

I won't stack Energy Shield but I do plan to have some. Mostly gonna stack armor and health like everyone else. Ward/Shield.

56% increased AoE before quality gems, I might be hitting everything on screen and just off screen.
Increased AoE is 0.5% increased AoE per quality and Ice Nova is 1% per quality so I'm VERY confident that I can hit the whole screen.

I'm fairly confident that I could make this build better if I stretch farther out but I think this might work. If I did stretch out I would get the freezing talent from Shadow. This would proably be what I would of done. Ice Nova Templar(2)

I got the small crit cluster cus I think a crit makes it 100% freeze.

The route I would take to get this started would be...
Amplify
Celestial Walker
Prestidigitation
Blast Radius
Arcane Potency
Elemental Adaption
Diamond Skin
Troll's Blood to the beginning of Marauder for 13% life
AoE Radius(middle of the tree)
Rest I would just fill in

That's as far as I have gotten.
Thought's please!
^
Ice Nova doesn't do near enough damage (having died quite a few times in hardcore trying to pull this off). Best suggestion I can make is stack as much crit chance as you can. The way crit works if you roll a crit, everything you hit gets a crit. Crit with a frost nova freezes the target. Nothing is more satisfying that shattering 15 things at the same time.
Kilts for Templars <tm> - Our mission is to replace the ancient Greek toga worn by the Templar with a kilt. It fits the theme of Wraeclast better, and it fits the voice of the Templar.
trying an ice nova build atm on HC but from what i can see u rly need conc eff to do some dmg
i am planning to go EB and try this 4L combo: ice nova + conc eff + increased aoe + faster casting

if EB wont b enough i would try 5L : ice nova + conc + aoe + BM + LL (needs a few adjustments for life regen => marauder tree)

a lvl 82 build i was going for

next 5 pts would b the 2 bloodthirsts (near templar and shadow)

if u go for added l-dmg (5L) i would take static blows+ chance to shock near divine toughness and the shock node near shadow instead of some hp nodes
Last edited by lassercj on Feb 23, 2013, 4:00:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info