Physical CoC Quill Rain HC [2.3] Build Showcase

Made this rough post to showcase my plan for a HC build that utilizes Quill Rain with CoC to cast Ethereal Knives and Bladefall. I've done 2 Versions of this Build, Ascendant and Assassin. The Ascendant one was my first try and ripped at lvl 82 to a misplay in Merciless Lab and I am currently leveling my Assassin for the second version of this Build.

Why did I do this?
The reason why I am making this build in HC is to get the level 90 achievement, I need a build that could clear fast to get to 90 ASAP, since there aren't many days left of PHC. I also don't like to follow build guides and prefer to make my own builds. The last deciding factor is that I'd like to play CoC one last time before the surmised omnious 2.4 changes comes.

Build V. 1
Main triggering attack is Barrage, using 2 Volley Fire Jewels to get a nice spread for faster clear, the build also have 'King of the Hill' passive which is superb at keeping enemies away from you.

Old Build was Life Based and utilized Hatred and Herald of Ice to empower my spells. Also used 'Smashing Strikes' with Lioneyes Fall to get Endurance Charges on Crit. (Bandits Oak - Kill - Alira/Oak)

Gear

Build V. 2
New build is CI based, using Ghost Reaver and Vaal Pact and Leech Gem (removing increased Crit Gem from last build to put in Leech here, since Assassin will have enough crit from Power Charges) to reliably sustain our high ES pool. As for defense, we dropped Hatred and HoI so that we can use defensive Auras like Arctic Armor and Discipline. We also now apply Poison through the Assassin passive 'Noxious Strikes' by first bleeding the enemies with Barrage and later Poison them hard with EK and Bladefall. (Bandits Kraityn/Kill - Kill - Alira)

Gear
Final build will be something like this
Basically alot of ES, cap resist, accuracy on Helm/Gloves/Rings etc

Also known as: Noxterous
Last edited by Zelkor on Aug 16, 2016, 5:53:01 PM
Last bumped on Aug 15, 2016, 2:22:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info