Minority, and a Plea.

"Lab Haters are a Minority"

Alright. If Lab Haters are a Minority....Why isn't the supply of Enchanted Helms higher? After all, if you LIKE Lab, AND you can make such good money farming it for Helm Enchants and gear....You'd do it right? Content you enjoy, that's also profitable....Win-win, who wouldn't do it?

Yet the supply of bases is tiny, visibly so to any layman who glances at it.

GGG, it's time to stop hiding from what's clear to see....

Very few people actually LIKE your Labrinyth. I GET that you spent a LOT of time on this, I GET that you don't want to change what you put your heart and soul into. But this is NOT sustainable.

Imagine, for a second...That all the dedicated community members who keep up the wiki, and maintain the database GGG refuses to....Imagine if they said, "We're tired of the Lab, and GGG clearly isn't changing it. We're out. Good luck." Without the Wiki, which is ALL that got me, and most players I speak to, through the drastic learning curve of POE, died off. It's not a farfetched idea, GGG. Without that Wiki, your game has NO new players. Ever.

Worse yet...Imagine if the man running POE TRADE gave up. He could, you know. There's nothing you could do to MAKE him stay, or MAKE him turn over the website to anyone. What do you think would happen to the game if he left?

The streamers? How about them?

The loss of even ONE of your most influential community members could kill your entire game, that's how reliant you are on your community.

If even ONE of them finally accepted that there will never be a "fix" to what they dislike about the lab, those that do dislike it....And they left...What would you do, GGG?

You put a lot of hard work and soul into that Labrinyth, and you've tried very hard to make us all accept it, if not love it.

You've not managed it. In all likelihood, you won't manage it.

Do you want the game you put your heart into to die, for the sake of just one part of it?

I love this game, GGG. I've supported you, I've played your game...And after all the deaths, the bugs, the DCs, the Lag, the "perfect storms" insane RIPs....The ONLY time I've ever considered leaving was in your Labrinyth. Only then. Something needs to change, GGG. Please. See this, and act, BEFORE your game dies. I've seen dozens of games die around me. Please, don't make this another.

- Sheepster
Last bumped on Aug 16, 2016, 10:34:16 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Nssheepster wrote:

Alright. If Lab Haters are a Minority....Why isn't the supply of Enchanted Helms higher? After all, if you LIKE Lab, AND you can make such good money farming it for Helm Enchants and gear....You'd do it right? Content you enjoy, that's also profitable....Win-win, who wouldn't do it?

That's because, since everyone loves tha lab, they self enchant helmets for themselves, doing hundreds of runs, and since they self farm it nobody wants to buy them, too much supply, not enough demand.

</sarcasm>
"
krenderke wrote:
"
Nssheepster wrote:

That's because, since everyone loves tha lab, they self enchant helmets for themselves, doing hundreds of runs, and since they self farm it nobody wants to buy them, too much supply, not enough demand.

</sarcasm>

I think you forgot your Kappa. So MUCH Kappa.

After all, NONE of that could POSSIBLY be true, right? It's not like we have eyes to see with or anything.

- Sheepster
"
Nssheepster wrote:

Yet the supply of bases is tiny, visibly so to any layman who glances at it.

GGG, it's time to stop hiding from what's clear to see....

Very few people actually LIKE your Labrinyth. I GET that you spent a LOT of time on this, I GET that you don't want to change what you put your heart and soul into. But this is NOT sustainable.

Imagine, for a second...That all the dedicated community members who keep up the wiki, and maintain the database GGG refuses to....Imagine if they said, "We're tired of the Lab, and GGG clearly isn't changing it. We're out. Good luck." Without the Wiki, which is ALL that got me, and most players I speak to, through the drastic learning curve of POE, died off. It's not a farfetched idea, GGG. Without that Wiki, your game has NO new players. Ever.

Worse yet...Imagine if the man running POE TRADE gave up. He could, you know. There's nothing you could do to MAKE him stay, or MAKE him turn over the website to anyone. What do you think would happen to the game if he left?

The streamers? How about them?

The loss of even ONE of your most influential community members could kill your entire game, that's how reliant you are on your community.

If even ONE of them finally accepted that there will never be a "fix" to what they dislike about the lab, those that do dislike it....And they left...What would you do, GGG?

You put a lot of hard work and soul into that Labrinyth, and you've tried very hard to make us all accept it, if not love it.

You've not managed it. In all likelihood, you won't manage it.

Do you want the game you put your heart into to die, for the sake of just one part of it?

I love this game, GGG. I've supported you, I've played your game...And after all the deaths, the bugs, the DCs, the Lag, the "perfect storms" insane RIPs....The ONLY time I've ever considered leaving was in your Labrinyth. Only then. Something needs to change, GGG. Please. See this, and act, BEFORE your game dies. I've seen dozens of games die around me. Please, don't make this another.

What do you people even want changed about the lab? This entire post is just "I don't like it, I also think everyone else thinks like me and doesn't like it too. Do something pls.".
"
reibuorumai wrote:

What do you people even want changed about the lab? This entire post is just "I don't like it, I also think everyone else thinks like me and doesn't like it too. Do something pls.".

There are a LOT of threads about that. That's not the purpose of this thread. The purpose of it is to try and warn GGG. I think they forget how reliant they are on their community, and how much damage would be caused if the wrong players left.

They need a warning, a wake up call, before the game starts to decline. Once POE starts to die off...I doubt anything can save it. ARPGs are not a very popular genre for most gamers, and POE is not as famous as something like Diablo. If it starts to go down...Who or what could turn the trend around? I've seen enough games die, I don't want this one to go as well.

- Sheepster
"
I don't think the lab is gonna kill the game, but there has never been content that divided the community as much before. And this can't be a good sign.

Chris said "It's ok to have divisive content in the game", that sounds like crazy talk to me, if the game was built around divisive content, it would be a failure, add more divisive content and you'll get there someday.

It might not kill it, no. But it has a chance to. I certainly can't say for sure that it won't. And like I said...If one of the wrong people lives, they take the game with them as they go.

- Sheepster
The thing is that you lab haters don't quit in droves over it but tolerate it. Until there is an exodus of lab haters to another game GGG has no reason to change a part of the game they deemed appropriate after all the work they put in it.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
I don't think the lab is gonna kill the game, but there has never been content that divided the community as much before. And this can't be a good sign.

Chris said "It's ok to have divisive content in the game", that sounds like crazy talk to me, if the game was built around divisive content, it would be a failure, add more divisive content and you'll get there someday.

It might not kill it, no. But it has a chance to. I certainly can't say for sure that it won't. And like I said...If one of the wrong people lives, they take the game with them as they go.

No it doesn't. If you don't like running the lab then it's just a thing you do (or pay someone a pittance to do for you) once per difficulty, it's hardly even a part of the game if you don't want it to be. And no, "the wrong person" leaving has never changed anything for any game unless it's a developer. As a developer, you can't just give everyone what they think they want, especially in a carrot stick game like PoE; Chris and crew have a vision for the game, and they're going to stick with it, just like they always have. Ascendancy and prophecy have been their most popular expansion and league since the game was released; GGG know what they're doing. You are a minority, the game's life is fine.
"
reibuorumai wrote:
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"

No it doesn't. If you don't like running the lab then it's just a thing you do (or pay someone a pittance to do for you) once per difficulty, it's hardly even a part of the game if you don't want it to be. And no, "the wrong person" leaving has never changed anything for any game unless it's a developer. As a developer, you can't just give everyone what they think they want, especially in a carrot stick game like PoE; Chris and crew have a vision for the game, and they're going to stick with it, just like they always have. Ascendancy and prophecy have been their most popular expansion and league since the game was released; GGG know what they're doing. You are a minority, the game's life is fine.

A), It's pretty dang clear it's NOT a minority from the most basic of evidence.

B). ONE MAN runs the POE.Trade Website. The WHOLE THING. IF he ALONE leaves, the entire economy of the game collapses. The VAST majority of players trade using that website, or something that references that website. Basic currency ratios are obtained THERE, not anywhere else. He could literally KILL POE whenever he wanted.

It only takes ONE. You, too, underestimate how fragile POE is. The community sustains POE like few other games. Without the community, POE will die like any other RPG without a community.

- Sheepster
"
The thing is that you lab haters don't quit in droves over it but tolerate it. Until there is an exodus of lab haters to another game GGG has no reason to change a part of the game they deemed appropriate after all the work they put in it.

It only takes ONE of the wrong people in the community to leave over it, to cause a massive backlash. I again reference the ONE MAN running POE.Trade.

- Sheepster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info