[2.3] Tri-Fisting Ascendant

This build, simply, is a triple Ancestral Warchief FB RT Hierophant-Gladiator. It was my opening build this league and I had good fun with it up to a RIP in a Trial attempt with lag. It is strong through leveling and is easy to gear up, making it a good choice for an opening build. For leveling melee 2H => 2H totem => FB totem(can change to FB rather early if you want). Looking back it was fun, the DPS is crasy 26k each totem with 3 totems not including dots and only level 77, with full screen aoe and moderate defense, it makes for a really fluid and unique T1-T2 build.

Ingame Stats

Offence

Defence

Note: These stats are in hideout with: 1) Hatred 2) The totem damage buff up 3) links poison/added-fire/inc-aoe 4) will additionally bleed bosses

Build Theory
This builds primary concept is from the Hierophant option for scion ascendancy. You gain 1 additional totem for skills in your helm. Using The Bringer Of Rain, unique helm, you can get an effective 7 link making for an effective build. With the flat physical damage on the helm, it is one of the best helm for FB, and RT fixes acc problems. Adding in Gladiator gives us more spell block, making for a better defense. Also the addition of bleed gives a good damage boost.

Note: Initially I tried crit, but it's near impossible to get the needed acc with my pathing/gear so I got RT with around 16 points in crit it increased my damage(respecing into life/defense instead)

Playstyle
Initially this build feels like SWT without knockback and crit. The advantage to this build however is that you get 40+ block and 25+ spellblock easy, and with the block flask you can hit block and spell-block cap at endgame(75%). Additionally the cost of armor and a weapon for most builds is more than all your base gear put together(outside GG-OP rings/amulets). The aoe on both the attack(totems target) and the hit(damage aoe around target) are quite large clearing screens with 1 punch.

The disadvantages of this build are the mechanics of the totem, it takes a time to arm, and you cant walk too far away (normally this is not a problem because there damage and cycleing 3 but you basically need to see your totem for it to work. Note: It also makes a totem build more engaging as recasting and running can be bad). Additionally you cant crit, so you cant shatter/shock losing some potential power.

Gear
I went for all the flat phys I can:

This gear is more or less easy to get to, and seeing how most are low/mid cost uniques you should always be able to get some for a good price(think all my gear, fully liked and set up, was under 60 chaos).

If resistances are needed use a rare like:

Jewels are important for getting your resistances capped, just get as much res as you can and add in damage/life/block and your good.

Upgrades would be rings and amulet with more life/resists, could also get a bit more phys but these are good

Current Skill Tree(level 77)
Final Skill Tree
Last bumped on Aug 6, 2016, 2:54:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info