[2.3] Inquisitor Elemental Crit Wander! Detailed Guide (Uses Kinetic Blast and Vaal Power Siphon)

Hello everyone!

First of all, this build began as a bow build, and I used Windripper for a little while. It was good, nothing wrong with it, but I just love wand skills, yes even you Power Siphon (RIP). This is when I decided to convert to wands and use Kinetic Blast, because it's just to good not to use. Before you ask, yes we also use the infamous Frost Wall trick for single target and hot DAYUM does it work wonders for bosses.

How did you LEVEL?

Well, I leveled as a bow build first. Luckily for us we can level with a bow and swap to a wand later on no problem. My leveling bow of choice was the Storm Cloud! This baby can last you all the way until end game. But it doesn't have too, because thanks to Prophecy, we can upgrade it to
Spoiler

I bought the 6S and was going for just a 4L and ended with a 5L. Certainly not needed in the slightest. The best skill to level with IMO was Split Arrow as it has free multi arrows. No need for LMP or GMP! This is great for both mana cost and damage early on. Heralds are you friends. Specifically Ice and Thunder. As for mana I used a mana pot and a jewel with +2 mana on hit to even it out.

I swapped from bow to wand at about 75. You can do it much earlier however. Just make sure to get a Ele Wand with at least 180 EDPS, 1.5 APS, and 9% base crit to scale from. Here is an ideal wand example -
Spoiler

Passive Tree and Ascendancy Choice

How do I path in the tree?

So basically go left first, after you get the nodes to the left of templar, then head down towards Duelist, hit a right towards Ranger, and then finally up towards Shadow. Those leech nodes at the bottom of the tree are important, more so the mana leech until later on when life leech becomes a big part of defense in maps.

Passive Tree

Ascendancy Choices and the Order in Which to Make Them

This is pretty straight forward, and the power of these ascendancy points are readily apparent.

First you want to get Righteous Providence.

Second will be Inevitable Judgement

Third is Augury of Penitence

And the final choice will be Instruments of Virtue

Character Stat Sheet
IN TOWN
Spoiler

OUT OF TOWN OFFENSE WITH FLASKS
Spoiler

DEFENSES
Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gear and Options

Spoiler
Helm
Spoiler

You can't do any better than this helmet right here. It's not terribly expensive, especially if you find a lower rolled version and possibly divine it.

Body Armor
Spoiler
This is a little bit tricky. A good 5L/6L Hybrid EVA/ES chest is good, mainly because of life, resists, and the ability to roll the colors you need easily. Mine is 6L but something like this, but with higher evasion preferably.
Spoiler

There is however a best in slot in my opinion and that would be
Spoiler

With Daressos Defiance, you will be able to not only generate Endurance charges, but you will be able to proc Immortal Call for those hits that get through your evasions and dodge. I am still aiming to 6L mine then color it, and this is a hefty cost so far, so this is only if you want to strive for more defense.

Gloves
Spoiler
You have 3 choices for gloves, 4 if you can dream about Shadows and Dust and fit it in. First would be Maligaros to help get your crit chance higher. Once your crit after 4 charges is reaching 80+, then you can drop the Maligaros and grab some of these for the really high crit multi.
Spoiler

The last option would be some rare eva/es gloves with APS/Life/Res/Flat Ele

Boots
Spoiler
Your boots are vital for this builds life and resistance. It's a stat slot. Find tri res boots and 25-30 movement speed. To get the colors you need, I would suggest EVA/ES once again for this slot. Example -
Spoiler

Rings
Spoiler
First off, you will need Essence Worm
Spoiler

This allows you to run Wrath in addition to HoI and HoT. There is no negotiating this slot, unless you want to lose out of amazing damage boosts.

Second type of ring you want is a Diamond Base ring with Life, Resists, Intelligence, Elemental Damage. Like this
Spoiler

Belt
Spoiler
Belt is also an easy slot. For those with the resists and cash to run a Headhunter, go ahead. For all else, get a Leather Base Belt with Life, Resists, and Elemental Damage. Like this
Spoiler

Amulet
Spoiler
If by this point you dont have 200 INT, then prioritize an amulet with Int. Meanwhile it should contain Life, Crit Multi, Elemental Damage, Crit Chance, Resists. Like this craptastic example.
Spoiler
This will be a hard slot to get good stats for without seriously breaking the bank. So do your best.

Wand and Shield
Spoiler
As I posted earlier, the wand you want to aim for will contain around 180+ EDPS, 1.5+ APS, 9%+ base crit. This is my wand, and it cost me 10c this late in the league. Not bad at all, and I see no need to spend 5ex on an upgrade anytime soon.
Spoiler

As for the Shield, get an EVA/ES shield so you can get more Intelligence, trust me you will need it. Prioritize high INT, Life, Resists, Evasion. My shield.
Spoiler

Shields are pretty cheap, I got this for 5c

Flasks
Spoiler
Make sure you have a flask for bleed and freeze, as well as a movement speed flask. The two big flasks you want for damage and added leech and defense are a attack damage Vinktars, and Atziris Flask.
Spoiler

Jewels
Spoiler
Jewels in this build play the part of gap fillings. That is to say, if you need more life and resists and intelligence, then that is what you get. Cheap to find, these are no issue at all to find and buy for 1-5c. Life to aim for would be 5k+ these days in SC, and upwards of 6K for HC.

Gems and Links

Spoiler
Kinetic Blast - GMP - Weapon Elemental Damage - Pierce - Added Lightning - Increased Critical Strikes

Herald of Ice - Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Assassins Mark

Vaal Power Siphon - Chain - Weapon Elemental Damage

Frost Wall - Spell Echo - Inc Duration - Vaal Haste (Or Vaal Grace for defense)

Wrath (Goes into the Essence Worm)

Summon Ice Golem - Minion Life - Blood Rage - Inc Duraction

Flame Dash - Faster Cast - Fortify (When you get or if you get your Daressos 5/6L then replace this with CWDT - Immortal Call - Inc Duration)

Videos
Spoiler
Coming Real Soon
I love pie.
Last edited by xSyK0TiC on Aug 2, 2016, 5:14:13 PM
Last bumped on Aug 2, 2016, 3:15:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info