[2.3] Xirgil's Cranker Blocker Curser Occultist (multiple builds)

This is my notepad about various Xirgil's Crank Occultists, not a complete build and leveling guide.

If you already have a Xirgil's build or just an idea for one, feel free to share below.

Block Calculations:
Spoiler

block% - chance to proc Xirgil's when hit
  • 50% - 10%
  • 55% - 11%
  • 60% - 12%
  • 65% - 13%
  • 70% - 14%
  • 75% - 15%
  • 78% - 15.6%

Sources of block available to Xirgil's builds:
  • 33% - Xirgil's Crank
  • 10% - Templar staff block nodes
  • 2-4% - Reckless Defence jewels
  • 2% - gloves mastercraft
  • 2-4% - amulet corruption
  • 8% - The Anvil amulet
  • 20-30% - Rumi's Concoction

Spell block:
  • Reckless Defence
  • Rainbowstride
  • Stone of Lahzwar
  • Rumi's Concoction

I think having around 50/50 block is a good goal for a Xirgil's build, with Rumi's pushing it to 75/75 when needed.

We could achieve 77/78 block (without Rumi's) if we get 24% from 6x perfect Reckless Defense and 8% from The Anvil. Or 73/74 with a corrupted 4% block Eye of Chayula. Or 77/77 with a corrupted 4% extra block Anvil and only 5x Reckless jewels.

Xirgil's CI Bladefall Poison Stacker Cranker Blocker Miner Curser Occultist
Spoiler

Key stats:
  • 8500 ES
  • 2.5k ES recharge per second (4k with Essence Surge keystone)
  • Resists 155/166/154 (can hit 170/170/170 with better jewelry/gloves)
  • 12k DPS with Controlled Destruction (15k with Atziri flask)
  • 8.3k DPS with Increased AoE (10.4k with Atziri flask)
  • 8.1k DPS on 5L (10.2k with Atziri flask)
  • 42% movement speed, 111% with flask

Block:
  • 57% block, 46% spell block
  • 75/75 block with Rumi's Concoction

Will it blend?
  • Atziri: YES
  • Uber Atziri: YES
  • Merc Lab: YES
  • Uber Lab: YES
  • Pale Council: YES
  • Vinktar's Square: tbd
  • Vaal Temple: tbd
  • Twinned T15 (Colosseum/Abyss): YES
  • Twinned T15 Core: tbd

Leveling tips:
Not much to say, because I leveled as life-based Arc Elementalist and rebuilt character at level 92.

Ascendancy priority:
  • Wicked Ward
  • Malediction
  • Vile Bastion for extra defences,or Void Beacon for damage

Bandits: kill/kill/kill

Passive trees:

lvl 92

lvl 99

A +curse Eye of Chayula would let you drop Whispers of Doom and save a bunch of points.

If you can afford Skyforth, or spending 8 points for Unwavering Stance, you could also get a +curse The Anvil or Stone of Lahzwar.

lvl 99 with +curse amulet

Jewels:
  • 4x Reckless Defence
  • 4x Coated Shrapnel
  • if you get the 9th jewel: Energy from Within or a 5th Reckless Defence

Mana problems
Spoiler

Current BF mine cost:
  • 152 with Controlled Destruction
  • 164 with Increased AoE

I have 250 unreserved mana with a level 3 Enlighten in my Heretic's Veil. Using a 20/20 Blasphemy instead of Enlighten leaves me with 133 mana and unable to place any mines.

I basically have to use a mana pot inbetween every mine placement. Yes, it's very annoying.

Clarity reserves too much mana to be useful.

Vaal Clarity is good to have but doesn't really solve the problem.

Elreon rings would probably help a lot, but I don't have any with good resists yet.

Mapping:
Spoiler

20-60% slower regen and no-regen maps are annoying but doable with a mana pot.

Blood Magic and CI obviously don't go well together.

Extra crit, -max resistances, elemental weakness can be dangerous.

Reflect, poison on hit, desecrated ground, no leech, do not affect us at all.

Combinations of Enfeeble, phys reduction, extra life, temp chains can slow things down.

Gear:
Spoiler

(Current build) Xirgil's CI Essence Cranker Blocker Drainer Curser Occultist
Spoiler

Key stats:
  • 11,739 ES
  • 5,200 ES recharge per second
  • 450 ES regen per second (with Stone Golem)
  • Resists 171/172/176
  • 27.2k degen, 8.6k hit DPS
  • 29.2k degen, 9.6k hit DPS with Sulphur Flask
  • 35% movement speed, 104% with flask

Block:
  • 55% block, 44% spell block
  • 78/77 block with Rumi's Concoction

Will it blend?
  • Atziri: YES
  • Uber Atziri: NO (maybe with more DPS/skill)
  • Merc Lab: YES
  • Uber Lab: YES
  • Pale Council: YES
  • Vinktar's Square: tbd
  • Vaal Temple: tbd
  • Twinned T15 (Colosseum/Abyss): YES
  • Twinned T15 Core: NO

Ascendancy priority:
  • Wicked Ward
  • Vile Bastion
  • Profane Bloom or Void Beacon

Bandits: kill/kill/kill

Passive trees:

lvl 92 with +curse amulet

I didn't spec into the pierce nodes at first, but after trying it, I'd say it's a must have. 100% pierce chance makes a big difference, especially since cast speed of ED is very slow.

I'll try dropping the Scion ES nodes for a bit of extra damage. I also want to try Stone of Lahzwar instead of The Anvil and then I can replace 2x Reckless Defence with some dmg jewels.

You will get frozen all the time with 4x Reckless Defence, if you can run Dream Fragments or Alpha's Howl it's not a bad idea.

Running without Eye of Chayula is not too bad after trying it. In 2.4 there's a new unique ring that mitigates stun for ES builds.

Mapping:
Spoiler

I switch Pierce gem with a Poison gem for Atziri bosses, Atziri herself, T14+ bosses, etc.

No-regen maps are fine with a mana pot.

Blood Magic and CI obviously don't go well together.

Extra crit, extra ele dmg, -max resistances, elemental weakness combinations can be dangerous.

Reflect, poison on hit, desecrated ground, no leech, do not affect us at all.

Combinations of Enfeeble, phys reduction, extra life, temp chains can slow things down.

Gear:
Spoiler

Xirgil's CI Bladefall Self-Caster Poison Stacker Cranker Blocker Curser Occultist
Spoiler

Passive trees:
lvl 92

Last edited by StunnisBaratheon on Aug 16, 2016, 1:23:04 PM
Last bumped on Sep 5, 2016, 7:07:12 AM

played build for Xirgil's around 2 months ago... died during tests with 0 % cold resists,damn beyond boss "Haast" spawned and killed me during problems with fps

but normally i was immortal and was afking on every boss :) used 5l chest 800ES,5l xirgil's,custom rare jewels (no reckless),my main skill was blade vortex with high crit chance,cast on stunned/damage taken was very strong and cleared whole screen when someone stunned me or hitted hard

ps. there are some crazy nice things what You could do with Your build to be almost immortal,You have to search for them yourself :D too many pokemons here coping builds,dont want next league with 70% builds around this staff :P
Last edited by TheSaddestSong on Aug 3, 2016, 1:26:44 AM

I got a +curse amulet and changed some passives: level 92 + jewels

I ran my first ever Uber Atziri and killed her with 2 portals left. Achievement unlocked!

Died once to Trio because I ran out of anti-bleed flask and killed them in wrong order. Died once to single Flameblast because I forgot to grab my Ruby flask and once more to double Flameblast.

I think I would have died less if I had more than 12k tooltip DPS. I wasn't exactly 1-shotting either phase with 6-9 mines placed. A few more levels and passive points would probably help.

I'll be trying the Essence Drain version next.
Hey there, Ive personally made a OCC CI build with ED.

I personally found sorrow of the divine not worth it, as if it is ever down you lose alot of ES regen, I tried playing with one and found it a little difficult for upkeep considering its a pretty slow build, maybe just me.

Can check my characters if you want.

Edited out comment about Rumi's as I see your running one. But also skyforth's wont work with ED as life regen.
Last edited by RustyMun on Aug 4, 2016, 1:28:39 AM
"
RustyMun wrote:
Hey there, Ive personally made a OCC CI build with ED.

I personally found sorrow of the divine not worth it, as if it is ever down you lose alot of ES regen, I tried playing with one and found it a little difficult for upkeep considering its a pretty slow build, maybe just me.

Can check my characters if you want.

Edited out comment about Rumi's as I see your running one. But also skyforth's wont work with ED as life regen.

Thanks for the link. How does it feel running without any stun immunity/mitigation? I guess it might be workable without Eye of Chayula.

• 75% chance to avoid stun while casting from tree
  • 50% chance to avoid stun from having non-zero ES
  • stun immunity on full ES from Vile Bastion
  • 50-80% chance to avoid stuns if you've killed recently from boots enchantment.

I've dropped the staff block nodes in this version and grabbed Practical Application for +20 str/dex and extra stun mitigation.

I've added ZO back in the planned tree. My reasoning for Sorrow of the Divine was that with high block chance and Wicked Ward, I'll only need ES regen for short periods of time, so might as well save a few points.

New tree: ED level 92, with +curse amulet
This build looks interesting. Would you still suggest it for 2.4?
IGN: The_Lurch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info