[2.3.x] Elementalist LowLife Kinetic Blast - Fast Clear, Uber viable

This guide is for Elementalist LowLife Kinetic Blast (for 2.3.x version)

I. Menu

Basic concept
Gears
Passives
Skills and Mechanics
Character stats
Videos
Q&A
Update log

II. Basic concept

Main attack sources:
Kinetic Blast

Defences:
Regen: High DPS w/ vaal pack to instant leech, you can pop up Atziri’s Primise or Vessel of Vinktar to get more DPS and leech effect.
Reduction: None.
Immunity: Immortal Call when CWDT triggered.

Pros and Cons:
Pros:
Easy to Play: Just shoot KB projectiles and you get DPS, killing bosses w/ frost wall.
Reflect: Easy when reflect rare mobs, but still can’t do reflect map/Atziri’s mirror phase.
Clear Speed: Super high projectile speed and DPS, can carry in 6 man T14.

Cons:
Not budget: Even low C/P rate, definitely not newbie friendly.
Movement and endurance: Moving and dodging only on your feet cus have no effective movement skills.
Survivability: Have no damage reduction, leech and survive.

Pure elemental Kinetic Blast become more popular since 2.2.x when Ascendancy comes out.
In 2.2.x version, the most powerful ascendancy class are Inquisitor (Critical strikes ignore enemies resist) and Ascendant (1.5% leech from Berserker). After 2.3.0, Ascendant got nerf. Althought Inquisitor didn’t change in 2.3.0, but you still need more passive nodes to build up. A New Elementalist comes, with passives aim for elemental damages, is a more flexable and powerful choice for you to do a Kinetic Blast build.

III. Gears

I will never tell you that low life is a budget build.

Weapon:

Piscator's Vigil is a beginner weapon for KB, although it gives you all you need (WED, Crit chance, Acc rate).
A much decent wand should have T1 flat lightning dmg, crit chance and attack speed at least. I recommand you grab increase spell damage prefix on your wand and using Crown of Eyes if you want to push your DPS to the limit. Other thing such as WED, flat dmg, crit multi will be nice either.

Shield:

A decent ES shield is the main source to increase your maximun ES. But it is also a pain to find one if you don’t have enough resist.
Something with increase spell damage can boost your DPS and cost you a lot.

Helmet:

I will choose Crown of Eyes for max DPS, but it lacks of resists.

Rings:

WED and resists for basic, then some accuracy rating, choose diamond rings if you can handle resist problems. Extra cost for multimods, max ES%, flat ES or flat lightning dmg from master workbenches.

Ammy:

You can boost your DPS a lot if you have a nice one. Crit multi, crit chance, WED, spell dmg (if you use COE), flat elemental dmg, max ES%, flat ES, these are all about it.
By the way, you had better choose base types that add str.

Belt:

Pretty much same as rings, you just can’t get max ES% amd flat dmg on it.
I will recommand you grab as much resist as you can in this position, then WED.
Just the same reason, I recommand you choose Heavy belt base for str.

Boots:

Skyforth is excellent in offence (gain power charge on crit) and defence (increase stun threshold), and super expensive.

Glove:

ES and resists for sure, get some attack speed or accuracy rating if you want to get more DPS. Even more, you can choose Maligaro's Virtuosity or Facebreaker for DPS boost if you can handle your ES and resists.

Body:

Shav's, of course, for a lowlife build.

Flasks:

You can also use Atziri’s Promise or Vessel of Vinktar to ask for more DPS and leech. I don’t like Vessel of Vinktar because it’s hard to sustain and you have to prepare another flask to remove shock effect on you.

IV. Passives

Passives:
lvl 95 Elementalist, 116 points: http://goo.gl/PEvOQx

Ascendancy:
Paragon of Calamity: Reduce 50% of reflected elemental damage is super strong for such a high DPS build not to die due to your own damage reflected. Just so you know that you probably die in reflected map or attacking on Atziri’s mirror phase even if you have Paragon of Calamity..
Liege of the Primordial: Allow you to have two different types of golem at the same time and double the buff from golems. So we can get 60% increase acc rating, 60% increase crit chance, 40% increase cold dmg from lvl 20 ice golem, and 18% increase atk spd, 40% increase lightning dmg from lvl 20 lightning golem.
Pendulum of Destruction: Increase AoE and damage when this buff ticked, it is good when you want to burst something down, the Aoe increase can make the blast more overlapping.
Mastermind of Discord: Perfect solution for Kinetic Blast to get a 25% lightning penetration after using Frost Wal when aganist any bosses and tough things.

Bandits:
Normal - Passive (kill all)
Cruel - +8% increase atk spd (help Kraityn)
Merciless - +1 max power charge (help Alira)

Jewels:
Put Energy from Within near Melding to convert HP to ES.
Other position just using rare jewels, choose anything you like, I just maxinum my atk spd and DPS.

V. Skills and Mechanics

Main attack:
Kinetic Blast + Increased Crit Strike + Added Lightning Damage + Weapon Elemental Damage + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Pierce

Aura Group A:
Blood Magic + Wrath + Herald of Thunder + Enlighten

Aura Group B:
Anger + Displine + Herald of Ice + Enlighten

To cast 1 50% and 1 25% aura-like skill on your life, you must fulfill one of these options:
lvl 3 Enlighten + lvl 21 Blood Magic.
lvl 4 Enlighten + lvl 20 Blood Magic.
lvl 3 Enlighten + lvl 20 Blood Magic + Recuced mana reservaion enchantment on your helm.
I’m currently using option 1.

Vaal Aura Group:
Vaal Haste + Vaal Clarity + Increased Duration.

Frost wall:
Frost Wall + Spell Echo Flame Dash
These three skills should not linked together because I don’t want to link Spell Echo to Flame Dash.
Frost Wall & Kinetic Blast? How does it works?

First thing is, Frost Wall is not a thick wall that block everything, it is more like creating multiple units close together.
If your Kinetic Blast have any chance to pierce, when the projectiles hit the Frost Wall, they blast into several bubbles, and keep traveling until hit another units and blast again when they pierce.
Basically, the chance to pierce is the chance to make second blast when you hit something can be pierced (and yes, you can pierce Frost Wall as well). So we make the chance to pierce of Kinetic Blast to 100% (50% from Pierce Support, 50% from passives). That means, if you can make every projectiles of Kinetic Blast blast, pierce, and blast again, technically double the DPS.
Here’s the problem, you have to force the blasts on the target to get maxinum DPS. So we use Frost Wall, Building multiple Frost Walls in front of the target or behind it, just like a large group of monsters around it, shooting at them, keeping blasts covered as many as you can on the target, now you can burst it down very fast.

CWDT/Golems:
Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Ice Golem + Lightning Golem
You can use golems triggered by CWDT, or overleveled them to self cast.

VI. Character stats

Character: lvl95 Elementalist, gears, passives are listed above.
Current Chracter Info: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ockat/characters

Defence:

Offence (Auras and golems only):

Offence (Auras, Golems, 4 pc, no flask):

VII. Videos

Normal Atziri: https://youtu.be/R0q5EhAgCK4
Tips: Frost Wall right on Vessel of the Vaal will cause it go under immediately.

Uber Atziri (First attempt): https://youtu.be/q4_NTxWnX2Q
I swapped Purity of Fire instead of Herald of Ice. and choose another golves that have 8% increased atk spd, also using Blood Rage.

Many mistake there, including wrong skills (should use Vaal Skeletons or Vaal Discipline instead of Vaal Clarity).

Uber Atziri (Deathless, Third attempt): https://youtu.be/f2sipuvJUwI

Got a nice shield, pusing DPS to 94K, but I think DPS is not the real problem.
Vaal Skeletons is really good when mirror phase.

VIII. Q&A

Q1:
How to get power charges without Skyforth?
A1:
The best solution to get pc without Skyforth is that link Curst On Hit and Assassin's Mark on your Herald of Ice.
The blast of HoI when killing mobs will put Ass Mark on the others, then you kill them, chance to get pc by the effect of Ass Mark.
But you cant use this mechanic to deal with bosses which dont have other mobs around them.
Second thing is that you have to give 2 slots for CoH and Ass Mark.

IX. Update log

--2.3.x
20160826: Added a Q&A.
20160809: gear updated.
20160801:

My Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/deathx2005
Last edited by ockat on Aug 26, 2016, 12:38:48 AM
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2017, 10:14:46 AM
Missing chest armor?
"
Nightyb wrote:
Missing chest armor?

Oops I missed that.
I usually take it for granted that using a shav's for a lowlife build :P
Okay I have all the mana reservation nodes you have on the tree, a Level 4 Enlighten and a level 20 BM and I still can't use Herald of Lightning + Wrath. What am I doing wrong?
Hey, can't find skilltree
Hi how to get power charges without skyforth?
"
Okay I have all the mana reservation nodes you have on the tree, a Level 4 Enlighten and a level 20 BM and I still can't use Herald of Lightning + Wrath. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe you dont have Skyforth?

"
FubeCraft wrote:
Hey, can't find skilltree

It works fine for me.
Here's the link from my current character:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAkzCaANfA5ID8QRLxFQEZYTNRSwFSAXpBmKGbQajxslHU8dqiPTJJ0qCyo4KlsrCizpLR8tgzW5Oq07fD9zQzZGcUcGSVFJsUuuTItM_1LsWbxcil3yX2pfsGBDYlpqk2wIbOdtGW49bydvnnBScLt1y3cHefZ_xoIegwmExYazhxOPYI_6kPqTJ5UglwaaYZpqm7WcpKEvoqOnK7QMtMW4yr6Avoq-p77uwcXB88LswzrEosUox8rJRMpKytPOcNDQ0TbTftQH1ljXz9lb2-fcjd9t34rfmOGI4izpAupi6rrsGO9L73rviPDV8Yr2W_aj9tr5N_sJ?accountName=ockat&characterName=CIasStartIsShit

"
Wylajtowany wrote:
Hi how to get power charges without skyforth?

The best solution to get pc without Skyforth is that link Curst On Hit and Assassin's Mark on your Herald of Ice.
The blast of HoI when killing mobs will put Ass Mark on the others, then you kill them, chance to get pc by the effect of Ass Mark.
But you cant use this mechanic to deal with bosses which dont have other mobs around them.
Second thing is that you have to give 2 slots for CoH and Ass Mark.
Last edited by ockat on Aug 26, 2016, 12:38:59 AM
Is this build still viable?^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info